Obama to receive welfare, unemployment
  • NunesNunes November 2008
    Article

Four years after winning election to the United States Senate, President-elect Barack Obama announced today that he is formally resigning his seat effective Sunday, which means he won't be on Capitol Hill for key upcoming votes.

And what vote might that be you ask? Well I'll tell you:
    whether Senator Joe Lieberman of Connecticut, who broke ranks and campaigned for Senator John McCain this year, should keep his post as chairman of the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee.

• dandan November 2008
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Nov 13 2008, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Article

And what vote might that be you ask? Well I'll tell you:

Stop hotlinking, you dirty bastard.

-dan
    I do it to get rid of the e-coli. These pics wouldn't be sanitary if I didn't at least pass them over some warm coals first.

Hot like FIAH!

less hot:

Seriously though, is hotlinking really that bad for fd? I was under the impression that it just sucked up bandwidth from the original hosted site. If it sucks up FD bandwidth too (ergo costing money) I'll make it a point to host my dumb pictures on tinypic or some other such nonsense.
  • dandan November 2008
    It does. See, the thing is, when you hotlink, if someone decides to change or block the picture from being linked from outside sites, it makes you look like an idiot. See above, where your image just says img.moonbuggy.com instead of the actual picture.

-dan
    I turned off sigs and avys, or I'd keep them up to date. I guess one of the two has vanished!

Elections over anyway, time to update!
  • GovernorGovernor November 2008
    Hotlinking from another site doesn't cost us bandwidth at all. It costs them bandwidth.
    QUOTE (Governor @ Nov 14 2008, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hotlinking from another site doesn't cost us bandwidth at all. It costs them bandwidth.

Thought not.
  • GovernorGovernor November 2008
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Nov 14 2008, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Thought not.

However, Dan is right about you looking like a fool when someone either changes the image you're hotlinking or when they have hotlink protection that shows a different image.
    You will be excited to know that I totally care, and that I now feel compelled to quadruple the amount of time it takes to post an image to avoid that embarrassment. Or something.

That's so Dan can try and get in touch with somebody who gives a damn.
  • dandan November 2008
    Andrew, I couldn't give a shit about you hotlinking images, so long as they actually work. I get pissed when you post images expecting us to care what they say, when the images are removed due to hotlinking reasons. Take the time to check that your shit works before you post it.

-dan
    QUOTE (dan @ Nov 14 2008, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Andrew, I couldn't give a shit about you hotlinking images, so long as they actually work. I get pissed when you post images expecting us to care what they say, when the images are removed due to hotlinking reasons. Take the time to check that your shit works before you post it.

The flaw is in your premise. That I actually expect you to care what I post, that is. image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

But I guess since you apparently care what pictures accompany my words, I'll save the image locally, navigate to tinypic.com, browse for the image, upload it, and then use that url instead. k, snookums?

all snark aside, if the image is REALLY special, I save it and upload it like a good boy. Most of the time it's just a graph or some shit that only needs to be up for like 10 minutes, since that's about how long all the threads I post in last before getting off track. What was this thread about again?

oh yeah. Great pictures.
    Julie Andrews expresses:

Gaggle of onlookers is shocked.
  • Black+BalloonBlack Balloon November 2008
    This entire thread is a rehash of the first posted image. Now that Giveafuck Bay has been emptied of its rich, black quantities of care, I believe it high time to set sail for the Sea of Regret.
    QUOTE (Black Balloon @ Nov 15 2008, 01:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    This entire thread is a rehash of the first posted image. Now that Giveafuck Bay has been emptied of its rich, black quantities of care, I believe it high time to set sail for the Sea of Regret.

found it.

buh dum chik

I'm on FIAH.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership