Unbanned request
  • aghazarakaghazarak May 2009
    hey..
    i m kinda upset right now...
    cause my account has been banned 4 no reason... i didn't even use any cheats... i didn't try to hack at all... if u gyz can help me with tht i will be more thankful.... n wil apreciated ur work.. thanks... reply as soon as possible...
    n ya i just play on resin n donuts server most of the time....
    its whether on resin's server or urs... can u plz check it out???
  • JubzJubz May 2009
    ive played with this dude for a good while now and never seen him hack or act disrespectful. whats is the reason for the ban?
    my steam ID: zarakagha
  • MagicMagic May 2009
    swine flu.
  • xemplarxemplar May 2009
    lets all calm down and wait for the banning admin to respond.
  • dandan May 2009
    Oh, how I've missed this forum, and all of it's bad-English-ness.

-dan

p.s. It would help to give your SteamID, and possible time of ban, so that the admins can figure out who banned you.

p.p.s. That might have been the best first post ever made on these forums. Please, for the love of God, learn to type an actual sentence. Your poor spelling is making my eyes cry.
  • JubzJubz May 2009
    give him a break, this dude is a cs friend of mine, ive played with him for a few months now at r3s1n before the donut server came back up. If he did something to deserve a ban so be it but dont lay it on him thick until we hear from the banning admin
  • GovernorGovernor May 2009
    Personally, I endorse a "complete sentence" requirement for ban appeal consideration!
  • JubzJubz May 2009
    so i talked to dreadful and it turns out someone hacked his account and it got vac banned. He never got banned on our server the way it sounds. He just logged in one day and he had been vac banned.

Jubz
    thank you jubz... 4 supporting me... i'm out... bye

• dandan May 2009
    Another tip: Spelling out words such as too, for, and you will earn you brownie points with the cool kids on this forum. By "the cool kids," I mostly mean myself. But still. Txt-talk is bad, mmmkay?

-dan
  • BrianBrian May 2009
    Another "Someone hacked my account and got me vac banned, woe is me" person. Normally I'd throw him to the wolves and ban his new account when he gets one, but Jubz is voting for him, so he gets my vote too.
  • How would you speak to someone if they account was hijacked? Since it seems you imply speaking to them on steam...
  • ebolaebola May 2009
    Complete sentences are your friends people.
    hey guyz...
    i know it will be impossible to get it back.
    thank you so much for the help jubz...

• hexenwulfhexenwulf May 2009
    Anytime I have played with Dr3ad he has been legit. Far as I am concerned he can come back.
    If you put an ellipses at the end of an incomplete thought, it automatically makes it a complete sentence. I read it in a grammar book. If you put more than five ellipses in a paragraph, you increase your grammar level by one.
  • gammsgamms May 2009
    Sorry dreadful, I got your message the other day but you were offline. I'm not sure you can actually get unvac banned, but if you get a new account you're more than welcome back. Been playing with you for a while now and I've never seen anything other than you just playing your game having a good time. Good luck with that
  • romerashromerash May 2009
    shadow priests will melt faces in pvp
  • cutchinscutchins May 2009
    good riddance. vac bans don't happen randomly.
    it's okay gamms. And I will come back soon. image/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />
  • JubzJubz May 2009
    some of you guys really need to change your perspective. if anyone of donut had this happen to them im sure you would be like "oh that sucks hope you get a new account asap" but it happens to someone you dont know and you immediately throw him under the bus.

im not saying everyone is innocent but sometimes they are. in this case i believe the dude cause i have played with him for months. He says his account got hacked then vac banned so i will believe him until proven otherwise. its not like its unheard of that there are people out there trying to hijack accounts so they can go hack on servers.
    Yeah gamms and jubz, I will come back soon.
  • WedgeWedge May 2009
    QUOTE (Jubz @ May 2 2009, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    some of you guys really need to change your perspective. if anyone of donut had this happen to them im sure you would be like "oh that sucks hope you get a new account asap" but it happens to someone you dont know and you immediately throw him under the bus.

im not saying everyone is innocent but sometimes they are. in this case i believe the dude cause i have played with him for months. He says his account got hacked then vac banned so i will believe him until proven otherwise. its not like its unheard of that there are people out there trying to hijack accounts so they can go hack on servers.

I'm almost positive that no one was serious in this thread. Chill mannnnn

except for dan. that kind of spelling really does make his eyes bleed.
    Here's the thing. I've played Counter-Strike since November 8, 2000. I've managed two clans, both of which were the basis for very large supporting communities, and the first of which played in cal-m (before there was a premier). I have known literally thousands of people that have played CS. I've known people that have never hacked. I've known people that have. I've been "betrayed" by people whom I would never have imagined would hack, but ultimately did. I can't tell you how many people I've seen vac banned.

In all of that time, I have never seen nor heard of someone being vac banned who wasn't hacking. So there is no question in my mind that his account was legitimately vac banned for hacking.

Furthermore, you don't simply "hack" an account. That's not how it works. That's not how software works in general. If there was an exploit in the steam authentication algorithm, it would be known. If the exploit was brand new or exclusive, it wouldn't be used on some no-name account. Finally, if someone did manage to "hack" the steam authentication system, they wouldn't be stupid enough to use outdated software to hack ingame. It simply wouldn't be worth the effort that would be required to hack the account in the first place just to have it vac banned only a few days later.

Really, the only remotely conceivable scenario here is that your buddy is an idiot; he either gave his password to people he shouldn't have or he used a hilariously obvious password to begin with.

However, this is all pretty much a moot point since the very first thing anyone would do after gaining access to someone's account would be to change the email and password so the account could not be recovered. Obviously that didn't happen here, since he was able to log onto his account later after it was vac banned.

So you see, I don't believe your buddy here. I think he's lying to you, and I think you're letting your "months" long e-acquaintance make a fool out of you. I'm sorry that you have a personal bias that favors his innocence, but that really isn't my problem. Either way, I don't think it is me that needs a change in "perspective."

But, I hold no authority in this matter, and it appears he is already welcome back. @dreadful: While you get a new account, look for better hacks. I guarantee there are plenty out there that can avoid vac bans.
    look my dear friend Governer, I kept my mouth shut just because of my friends. before I say some my apology to those who have supported me. please forgive me. I can't stay quiet anymore.

So Governer, I saw what you have said about me. I actually don't know what problem you have with me. all i just know is what a stupid thinking you have. You think you are too good by being in two clans and playing cs from 9 years. i don't give a damn about it, take my advice stop praising yourself. I don't care how good you are or how bad you can be. okay

The other thing that you have mentioned about hacking and stuff. i just want to say that I don't really know anything about hacking and stuff. And i would like to tell you that I've being playing cs since 2003. I've played in "Cyber Zone" too. If your think I do hack that is why i got vac banned. i would say I don't care what you think. All I just ask is one question and that should be answered in a good way.

And my friend, you should watch your language. So next time I wouldn't have to say anything bad to you. thanks.
  • WedgeWedge May 2009
    QUOTE (Dr3adful @ May 2 2009, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    look my dear friend Governer, I kept my mouth shut just because of my friends. before I say some my apology to those who have supported me. please forgive me. I can't stay quiet anymore.

So Governer, I saw what you have said about me. I actually don't know what problem you have with me. all i just know is what a stupid thinking you have. You think you are too good by being in two clans and playing cs from 9 years. i don't give a damn about it, take my advice stop praising yourself. I don't care how good you are or how bad you can be. okay

The other thing that you have mentioned about hacking and stuff. i just want to say that I don't really know anything about hacking and stuff. And i would like to tell you that I've being playing cs since 2003. I've played in "Cyber Zone" too. If your think I do hack that is why i got vac banned. i would say I don't care what you think. All I just ask is one question and that should be answered in a good way.

And my friend, you should watch your language. So next time I wouldn't have to say anything bad to you. thanks.

lethal?
    I don't have any problem with you, dreadful. I honestly could not care less what you do with your time. I do, however, care about a lot of people on these forums, and it surprises me that a couple of them have failed to give this situation the thought it deserves.

Further, I had absolutely no intention of praising myself. I was demonstrating the experience I have to justify my assertion that your description of the events that transpired is resoundingly flawed. I apologize if that was over your head.

I don't know when I ever gave you the impression that I give two shits whether you care or not. I've only ever addressed two sentences to you and neither had anything to do with your feelings.

I am profoundly insulted by all of the bad things you've said to me. Please, I don't think I could withstand another verbal lashing like that, friend.
    okay.
    I've got my answer probably. And thank you so much for giving me such good compliments. but i think i don't need those. So thank you.
    PEACE.
  • NunesNunes May 2009
    QUOTE (Jubz @ May 2 2009, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm pretty sure we did exactly that on such occasions for precisely the reasons outlined by governor.

What happens as far as your server access is concerned is up to exclusively our ban admin, if we even have one yet. But I'd say that I don't really give a fuck about your vac ban. If you cheat in-server someone will demo you and you will be banned and have no case. As it's been customary to not buy into any explanation whatsoever.

And you need to relax. And they're right, if English is you first language, you could've fooled me.
  • dandan May 2009
    I just want to say that I love reading Court's posts. Dreadful, +1 for putting some effort into those last two posts. -1 for, regrettably, still not making any sense whatsoever. Wedge, you took the words right out of my mouth.

-dan
  • BrianBrian May 2009
    QUOTE (dan @ May 2 2009, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I just want to say that I love reading Court's posts. Dreadful, +1 for putting some effort into those last two posts. -1 for, regrettably, still not making any sense whatsoever.

Hahaha, dan is my favorite donut of today.

Also gov, you care too much. Legitimate vac ban or not, if he comes back and hacks again its not like we won't know and ban him within minutes anyways. Assuming he even gets past vac next time.

/shrug
  • I agree with Court's posts and viewpoints. He has some very legit points that I wouldnt have thought of.

If he gets a new account and comes on the server, I suppose we could just watch carefully. If he was smart he definitely wouldnt be using any sort of cheats.
  • Why do we care - if he's willing to shell out money for a new account/cs then he'll get on the server whatever we do; I'm about halfway sure he won't hack again, and if he does, he'll get banned again. Either way, I (and the server) could care less. A whole lot of discussion for nothing
  • Damien666Damien666 May 2009
    I have to say one thing.If you get your account hacked your a complete moron,first you either clicked a link that someone sent you on Steam friends,or you gave them your password.Which in my book is complete stupidity.Gov is right on what he said before on how you vac banned.So if you gave someone your password or clicked on the link,that person could've hack on that account and got you banned or you were hacking yourself. I honestly as a r3s1n admin never seen you hack I play in game with you,Your fun to play with but don't give anyone your password or click any links off of steam friends
  • Funny thread is funny.
  • PhilPhil May 2009
    FLAME TIME!

QUOTE (Dr3adful @ May 2 2009, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    look my dear friend Governer, I kept my mouth shut just because of my friends.

Who are these friends? Why did your connection with them cause you to keep your mouth shut?

before I say some my apology to those who have supported me. please forgive me. I can't stay quiet anymore.
    What are we forgiving you for? Saying something mean/insightful in the next paragraphs? Also, skimming ahead, there is no further apology. The word "some" in the first sentence has an ambiguous reference.

So Governer, I saw what you have said about me.

This is good. Consider yourself better at the forums part of the internet than other parts.

I actually don't know what problem you have with me.

So far this is the clearest, most concise and relevant thought, un-obscured by unfamiliarity with writing. Stick to this sort of conversational tone and simple structure and I think you'll do better.

all i just know is what a stupid thinking you have.

+1 for Irony. -1 for not recognizing it.

You think you are too good by being in two clans and playing cs from 9 years.

Reading comprehension. You know those sections on the SAT where you read a paragraph and identify the main point from a list of options? We need something like that for text on the internet.

i don't give a damn about it, take my advice stop praising yourself.

Again we have an unclear referent "it". What is "it"? Gov managing to be in 2 clans in 9 years? Or his general experience around the game? If you picked A, then you fail reading comprehension (see previous notes), if B well...you are entitled to such an opinion, as experience alone isn't a basis for almost anything. I hope that was your point!

I don't care how good you are or how bad you can be. okay

I am pretty sure this is a Michael Jackson lyric. Or maybe a Weird Al parody of a Michael Jackson lyric.

The other thing that you have mentioned about hacking and stuff. i just want to say that I don't really know anything about hacking and stuff.
    More unclear referents, what is the "other thing"? As for "hacking and stuff", there are two levels about which "hacking" can occur. I suggest you straighten those out in your head. There is a good info from nice posters about about protecting your steam-account from "hacking". As for counter-strike "hacking" the key is to not install the cheats. One or the other happened and stuff.

* You have posted more than the allowed number of quoted blocks of text. seriously, there is a limit on the number of quotes? gtfo. Continuing on with quotation marks and hard returns.

"And i would like to tell you that I've being playing cs since 2003."
    Me too!

"I've played in "Cyber Zone" too."
    A LAN center? A clan? A special state of mind where its all very real? Your faithful readers are curious.

"If your think I do hack that is why i got vac banned."
    This is nearly un-parsable. I don't even have follow-up questions.

"i would say I don't care what you think."
    This is a good sentence, which only begs the question "under what circumstances would you say that?". However I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and presume it was for effect or emphasis.

"All I just ask is one question and that should be answered in a good way."
    MORE unclear referents! Where is the question? Your original post is the only place you asked a question, and it doesn't seem like you are referring that far back. Perhaps this is was an emphatic set-up for the following sentence you promptly forgot to write down?

"And my friend, you should watch your language. So next time I wouldn't have to say anything bad to you. thanks."
    Once again "under what conditions would you NOT have to say anything bad to him". As Gov himself has pointed out, you didn't really say anything bad, but I am more concerned about these future-conditional statements. Lets do a little grammar, since you seemed to be able to rapidly improve your spelling, maybe this will take (unlike the abortion?!?!)

I did (past)
    I am (present)
    I will (future)

I didn't (past)
    I won't (present)
    I won't (future)
    Negated form of the same tenses. Notice that present and future are the same.

Now, the conditional is a little confusing, because there is no past or present conditional form. This however makes sense, because the past is already known and not subject to conditional behavior. And the present is constantly being revealed. In other words, the past already happened so you can't make statements about what you might or might not do in the past. Its an interesting reflection on the structure of our thinking though, these gaps in the grammatical constructions. There is a phrase "I would have" which is a different construction and not within the scope of this lesson.

I _____ (past)
    I _____(present)
    I would (future)

Negations:
    I ______ (past)
    I ______ (present)
    I wouldn't (future)

Authentic example below:

I wouldn't give my steamid or password to those jerks again!
    or
    I wouldn't install that program that got me VAC banned again!

In both cases these are future conditional negations. I think you've been confusing the future conditional with the present.

Your original:
    i would say I don't care what you think.
    and fixed:
    i will say I don't care what you think.

Your original:
    So next time I wouldn't have to say anything bad to you.
    and fixed:
    So next time I won't have to say anything bad to you.
  • dandan May 2009
    Phil: I love you. In the most homosexual way a straight man can love another straight man.

Damien: Check my sig. "Your" and "You're" are different words. Learn the difference between them. Thanks.

-dan

p.s. No homo.
  • MagicMagic May 2009
    lock?
    QUOTE (Magic @ May 3 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    lock?

please?
  • NunesNunes May 2009
    QUOTE (xemplar @ May 3 2009, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    please don't lock this thread except in the event of apocalypse?

hm?
  • ScabdatesScabdates May 2009
    lol
    This thread has the proper amount of cowbell
  • azn+mikeazn mike May 2009
    Let that be a lesson learn I suppose =/
  • gammsgamms May 2009
    Holy shit, this post is pretty damn amazing. Dreadful, unfortunately gov just makes extremely good points. I don't believe it has anything to do with self praise.
  • bobbob May 2009
    This is truly a good Saturday morning read! A cup of coffee and this thead is a wonderful start to the day. I thank you.
  • ErlingErling May 2009
    Man, I forgot how awesome unban requests were.
    being in the "fdpd" was fun, we got to see alot of those image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • BrianBrian May 2009
    Hahaha, FDPD, I forgot about that.
  • May 2009 Edit
    It was a bright sunny afternoon with a fresh breeze blowing from the northeast. The small sloop was making a series of very short tacking maneuvers as it made its way gingerly up the narrow channel.

The forest marched down the steep rocky hillsides to abruptly meet the sea below on both shores. The tiny but sturdy craft was tossed precariously by the rip tides created in the close waterway. The sole occupant reset her grip on the tiller and brought the sloop around in yet another tack headed toward a little niche in the eastern shoreline. She was kneeling in the boat's compact
    [link removed by moderator] cockpit watching carefully ahead for any telltale clues on the water that dangerous rocks lay just out of sight below the surface. She held her course on a starboard tack until she was just past a rocky spur which broke the forest cover and actually spilled over into the sea.

When she was about eighty yards from the shoreline she abruptly swung the boat head to the wind bringing it to an almost dead stop in the water. After loosing the sheets on both her jib and mainsails, she quickly scrambled to the bow and let her anchor line out till she felt the anchor touch bottom. She then expertly continued to pay out enough of the line to properly set the anchor, allowing for both safe swinging room as the wind might shift and the expected change of depth as the tides came and went.

She had been so occupied with the Business of sailing her small sloop, that she had not noticed that she had an audience.
    [link removed by moderator] A tall slim young man in blue jeans, T-shirt and black leather bomber style jacket was sitting on the rocky spur smiling with open admiration at the sailing skill of the woman skipper on the neat little sloop. As she stood from securing the anchor and started to lower and tie down her sails, he arose and quickly walked back up into the trees behind him. So she never knew that her arrival had been noted.

When the sloop was secured to her satisfaction, Katherine went below and put a tiny kettle on the single burner in the diminutive galley. As she waited for the water to boil, she pulled a thick dog-eared ring binder out of a [link removed by moderator] shelf to the left of the companionway and opened it to the last entry. This book served a dual purpose as a ship's log and personal journal. She noted her time of arrival and location of the tiny sheltered anchorage, the weather which was close to perfection for a sailor and a personal note that this seemed a great spot in which to write and create.
    SPAMMER!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership