EVE Online
  • ErlingErling September 2009
    Anyone play/has played this game? Just curious as to its appeal.
  • NunesNunes September 2009
    QUOTE (Erling @ Sep 2 2009, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Anyone play/has played this game? Just curious as to its appeal.

Here's how the game works.

You start a character. And fly around in a tiny ship collecting garbage and selling it for miniscule amounts of money while "banks" function as a pyramid scheme, continually driving the economy of the game into an ever inflationary cycle. Somehow in this environment, you manage to collect enough money to purchase a ship. You fly your dingy halfway across the galaxy to buy plans for a shiny new ship. Once the plans are acquired, you realize you need to have the ship built, and need more money. So you go back to collecting trash, or perhaps one of your more recently acquired skills. You finally finish getting raw materials, and the ship is built. The feeling is stellar as you pull out into open space, proverbial wind in your hair and a song in your heart. You prepare yourself for a long journey collecting garbage with your sweet new cargo hold.

Then somebody blows up your ship.

And you start over.

alternate:
    You pretend to be a girl. Then you attention whore. Then you get a big free ship and nobody blows it up because then you DEFINITELY won't show them your boobs.
  • GovernorGovernor September 2009
    Personally, I only play Evony.
  • KPKP September 2009
    QUOTE (Governor @ Sep 2 2009, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Personally, I only play Evony.

What is envoy.

Personally I love the idea of EVE and I wish someone would make a game like EVE but a little bit more user friendly. I've tried EVE a few times but it is very time consuming, but I suppose that is what makes it such an indepth game. I love how EVE allows the players to totally control what happens in games, not just having the players run around to talk to NPCs. I would like to start playing EVE with a bunch of people I know as that would be fun, but I know I would feel like shit putting that much time into a game again.

The combat system is really boring.

Tho...If someone made an EVE game that had a real time space combat system...I think I would not be able to hold down a job.
  • PheylanPheylan September 2009
    I've played Eve. I have an account now I believe. If anyone wants to jump on one day, I'd reinstall and give it a go.I don't know the state of my account but I may be able to help someone get started out.
  • BrianBrian September 2009
    Eve takes the G out of MMORPG
  • stealth_3lfstealth_3lf September 2009
    I play eve as well right now i'm taking a break from it but i'm likely to start up again sometime soon. I'm pretty excited for the future of eve though as CCP (the company behind eve) is releasing a game that's supposed to share the same universe as eve, the main difference with this game is that you would be a mercenary on the planets fighting to colonize for your employers which are eve pilots that hire you to help them control planets for resources. I can't wait to get some more info on the game but it sounds like a very ambitious endeavour but if it works it'll be amazing

Minute amount of info:
    http://www.eveonline.com/pressreleases/def...essReleaseID=60

Video of Gameplay and More info of the game after the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqnP6Ikjh9A

This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership