help pl0x
  • ohaiohai September 2009
    I don't know how people talk, interact, fuck, love, live together, etc. Being around people CREEPS THE FUCK OUT OF ME. People creep the fuck out of me. How do you do it? Teach me. Please. Before it's too late.

When I watch people, think about people, I always get an image of an animal superimposed on their body. I am not exaggerating but am being literal. It creeps the hell out of me because I grew up in the country and have always been disturbed by nonhuman beings. For instance, when I see a person walking without moving their shoulders, an ape is often superimposed. I see animals, literally, not people. Actually, it's more like I realize people are animals. In that example, usually it's a group of apes, chimps I guess, but I've never been one for taxonomy. I've started wearing sunglasses because I've noticed people noticing my distress.

Whenever I notice a pattern in human behavior, I attribute it to naivety, to the animalistic tenancies already described and seen, and I distress and remove myself entirely from performing their actions or the opposite of those actions. I notice people either do the same or consciously do the opposite, but even that revolt follows the rote pattern and thus is not any different. But everything is cliche, everything is stereotype, or it's not. Generalize, and you end up at zero or one or two, and there's no escape. So it's either participate or not--but even that's a binary. It's not naivety because there's no escape, so how can it possibly be any measure of ignorance?

/sociopath

But mostly this is all about passing Andrew for most posts in the last 24 hours and because we grew up surrounded by big dramatic story arcs in books and movies, we think are lives are supposed to be filled with huge ups and downs! So people pretend there is drama where there is none. That's why people invent fights. That's why we're drawn to sports. That's why we act like everything that happens to us is such a big deal. We're trying to make our life into a fairy tale. But what the fuck else is there. Period.

Only women bleed.
  • NunesNunes September 2009
    QUOTE (fd ASS SALT @ Sep 3 2009, 02:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Whenever I notice a pattern in human behavior, I attribute it to naivety, to the animalistic tenancies already described and seen, and I distress and remove myself entirely from performing their actions or the opposite of those actions. I notice people either do the same or consciously do the opposite, but even that revolt follows the rote pattern and thus is not any different. But everything is cliche, everything is stereotype, or it's not. Generalize, and you end up at zero or one or two, and there's no escape. So it's either participate or not--but even that's a binary. It's not naivety because there's no escape, so how can it possibly be any measure of ignorance?

/sociopath

But mostly this is all about passing Andrew for most posts in the last 24 hours and because we grew up surrounded by big dramatic story arcs in books and movies, we think are lives are supposed to be filled with huge ups and downs! So people pretend there is drama where there is none. That's why people invent fights. That's why we're drawn to sports. That's why we act like everything that happens to us is such a big deal. We're trying to make our life into a fairy tale. But what the fuck else is there. Period.

Only women bleed.

I'm going to go ahead and steal this. Forever.
  • coffeecoffee September 2009
    I love this guy because he probably watches as much Californication as I do. Game on, broheim
  • ohaiohai September 2009
    QUOTE (coffee @ Sep 3 2009, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I love this guy because he probably watches as much Californication as I do. Game on, broheim

Everybody thinks their life is a Rom-Com

You are scarily prescient because I was indeed watching it when I wrote and posted that. Actually, the last part is from Vonnegut, but it does seem very much like Hank, doesn't it? I wonder if Tom Kapinos likes him some Vonny
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership