1 year. Gitmo's still standing.
  • NunesNunes January 2010
    Linksauz.

As a sidenote, and an attempt at deflection from criticism of my personal hero and the savior of us all Barack The Islamic Shock Hussein Super-allah Obama, I ask:

Can anybody find an article from FoxNEWS, just one, that even suggests that something Bush did was different than what he said? Maybe, "We weren't greeted as liberators." or "I thought you said there would be no nation building..."

You might have better luck with things like "where are the WMD's?" or "Didn't we call this torture as little as 10 years ago?"

And then we can all have a nice two-minutes hate about the Left-Wing media machine run by George Soros and Weather Underground.

Why?

Because this is the internet, dammit.
  • AlfyAlfy January 2010
    Wait, should I be outraged about this? Or should do I need to wake up about this?
    QUOTE (Alfy @ Jan 22 2010, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Wait, should I be outraged about this? Or should do I need to wake up about this?

I can assure you that should do needing to outrage won't help wake up about.
  • PheylanPheylan January 2010
    So the real news is that Obama is just like every other president in history and not some savior come to deliver his people to the promised land?
    QUOTE (Pheylan @ Jan 23 2010, 04:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    So the real news is that Obama is just like every other president in history and not some savior come to deliver his people to the promised land?

It's really not as terrible as I'm making it out to be. We have a couple of plans in place for many of the prisoners, KSM will likely be getting a trial in NYC... for whatever that's worth...

I wish he had focused more on this and other "image" related items than on Healthcare, but I don't get to set the President's priorities. All the same, the dude is and has been working on this, he's just missed his self imposed deadline. Annoying, but not really an example of how he's like every other president. Opening a prison on a naval base outside of US borders to allow us to torture people isn't exactly like moving to close that prison and ending the practice of torture thereon in the meantime. But I suppose that's just my opinion.

/As another example of how Obama isn't like Bush: he set himself a deadline.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership