Battlefield Bad Company 2
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf July 2010
    I have only been playing for two days. I have not been a console gamer and this is the first FPS I have bought in a while cause it looked good.

Is it common nowadays to get awards for EVERYTHING you do in a game?

Award for killing so many in a round.
    Award for double kill as sniper
    Award for tank killing
    Award for wiping own butt after taking poop.
    Award for flushing after said poop.
    Award for proper tying of laces on combat boots
    Ad Infinitum...

Not sure I care so much for the UNLOCKING of weapons and upgrades. If it is gonna be combat then start off with a full kit. Although I guess it gives added incentive to those of us who are not that good to keep playing in the hopes that it is a lack of higher end weapons that causes us to die so frequently.

Any other players out there who feel the same way?
  • GovernorGovernor July 2010
    Achievement systems are pretty common in all types of games these days. As for unlocking weapons and such, wasn't this the case in Battlefield 2 as well?
  • NunesNunes July 2010
    In crackdown 2 the dude who gives you your orders audibly informs you of your accomplishments.

"Great work Agent! You've killed 25 Freaks with thrown objects. THAT'S an Achievement!"

Pretty hilarious IMO. Pretty soon they start to taper off though, since you eventually find yourself left with the obligatory "You've played this game for 650 hours, here's your 10 Gamer Points" stuff.
    Ah, have not played any of the new (since HL 2) FPS's. Game is better with some weapon upgrades. Seems to be a pretty big hacking community. I have seen 3 or 4 bans for hacks in the past 24 hours. Punkbuster... who would have thought they would still be around.

Stupid addictive game. Like cs but bigger maps better graphics/sound/weapons/gameplay. Seems no one talks on the servers, I guess everyone is using vent. I have heard one human voice online since I started playing. also they need to nerf the lower powered weapons down at long range. Seems they have unlimited range and a minimum hit value. not sure. will look into it someday.
  • fratersangfratersang July 2010
    whats your ingame name so i can add you?
  • b1llyb1lly July 2010
    QUOTE (Hexenwulf @ Jul 12 2010, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I have only been playing for two days. I have not been a console gamer and this is the first FPS I have bought in a while cause it looked good.

Is it common nowadays to get awards for EVERYTHING you do in a game?

Award for killing so many in a round.
    Award for double kill as sniper
    Award for tank killing
    Award for wiping own butt after taking poop.
    Award for flushing after said poop.
    Award for proper tying of laces on combat boots
    Ad Infinitum...

Not sure I care so much for the UNLOCKING of weapons and upgrades. If it is gonna be combat then start off with a full kit. Although I guess it gives added incentive to those of us who are not that good to keep playing in the hopes that it is a lack of higher end weapons that causes us to die so frequently.

Any other players out there who feel the same way?

It's not as bad as MW2. MW2 is the WOW of FPS.
    QUOTE (fratersang @ Jul 13 2010, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    whats your ingame name so i can add you?

Lacking creativity and wanting to start playing before I read the instructions and spoiled the fun..... Hexenwulf. How original eh?
    I played last night. My skill is unmatched! Truly, no one on this earth has so little of it.
    I went on a grind to get some upgrades. I have discovered a new disease. VPTSD Virtual Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. If no one has taken a serious look into it I suggest we tell the medico types about it. Seriously when I would close my eyes for hours afterwards all I could see was a volley of Bradley fire coming at me, with some sniper shots thrown in. I am not kidding. Never going to play that much of that game in a 24 hour period again.
    I played again last night, and it was significantly more fun than the first night (not that the first night was boring or anything). I had an absolute blast. I'm still terrible, but I'm at least killing people now.

I've mostly played hardcore thus far, and I like it a lot. The gameplay seems far more intense.
  • PheylanPheylan July 2010
    Hardcore is definitely the way to go. I might try to get on tonight for a bit.
    Yes, at first you hate it. Then it becomes more fun. Then you get pissed and go on a 24 hour grind and regret it.

I actually had to start using my old school infantry tactics to play the game. CS it is not. Played for about a week before I looked at the instructions to see how to fly a chopper/UAV and how to use the parachute. Probably would have saved myself several embarrassing "EPIC FAIL's" by reading the instructions and spoiling my fun.

Speaking of time to play a bit more.
    Ha. I got in a helicopter yesterday, and it was a spectacular failure. I did manage to shoot down another helicopter that was flying straight at me as I took off, but then I promptly flipped the thing over and crashed into the ground. For now, I will stick to the gunner's chair.
    Never killed anything other than myself with it. Although I did keep it aloft for about 20 seconds once.
  • BillBill July 2010
    I now have this game.

• JAmmYJAmmY July 2010
    QUOTE (Bill @ Jul 30 2010, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I now have this game.

Damnit... Time to uninstall...
  • BillBill July 2010
    Yeah, you don't want me showing you up again.

Bill
  • BrianBrian July 2010
    Please explain hardcore. Is it like modern warfare's hardcore (or whatever it was called)?
  • BillBill July 2010
    The HUD is much more... simplistic. Doesn't tell you how much ammo you have. No aiming reticule, only iron sites. No radar. No orange arrows above enemy players.
  • BrianBrian July 2010
    Do weapons do more damage?
  • BillBill August 2010
    The answer is 'yes'.

It's also worth noting that I had very nearly the entire weekend to play games, bad company 2 included, and none of you fuckers have been online to the best of my knowledge... And for this, I hate you all.

Bill
  • dandan August 2010
    If it's any consolation, Bill, Court was complaining pretty much all day yesterday how he wasn't able to play BC2 with you.

-dan
  • BillBill August 2010
    lol
  • BrianBrian August 2010
    I may need to buy this now that I know about hardcore mode. I love devs who include this.
  • BillBill August 2010
    I have no problem recommending it as a purchase. I've enjoyed it a lot so far.
  • JAmmYJAmmY August 2010
    QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 31 2010, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Do weapons do more damage?

I wouldn't say that the weapons do more damage. I would say, you have less life.
  • yarrick22yarrick22 August 2010
    QUOTE (JAmmY @ Aug 1 2010, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I wouldn't say that the weapons do more damage. I would say, you have less life.

In Jammy's case, its less skill.....
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership