Whats been happening
  • RogueRogue August 2010
    Hey guys, whats everyone been up to the past couple years. Work was hell 70 + hours a week for almost 3 years. Just quit my job july 30. Got married (yeah I know again) had a baby last september. Bought a new house and a new business. might start having some time to get back to all of this again. Have missed it a bit. (sorry i don't have time today to read all past post incase you already mentioned things in them).

See you guys around. Gotta get back to painting the house so we can move in.
  • jkarate212jkarate212 August 2010
    ROGUE! <3
  • GovernorGovernor August 2010
    Hey Rogue, great to see you! 70+ hours a week is no good, but I'm glad to hear about the marriage, baby, house, and new business! It sounds like you've been pretty busy. What is the business?

After working for a design shop called Modo Design Group for a little over two years, I moved on to a company based out of Ireland called echolibre. It's a distributed team, so I am still located in Lancaster. I'm current living with my girlfriend, Elyse, who recently started playing her first real computer game (borderlands).

In general, it seems the community is pretty fragmented across a lot of different games. I know a [very] small number that still play a little CS, but the majority of people that I know that still play games are split across Battlefield Bad Company 2, Starcraft 2, and a few of which who are playing through Borderlands again. I'd love to see you pick up one of these games to play with us!
  • RogueRogue August 2010
    Not glamourous but god money is great. I own a commercial cleaning company. Bought it off my father-in-law (he retired) making over $5000 a month (before taxes) and only working between 4 - 8 hours a night with drive time. home all day with the kids. Go to work about 8 and am home by 2 at the latest.

I really don't miss cs that much miss bf2 though that was fun. can't play right now cause the kids blew up my graphics card and my pc is to old to play the new games. (2001). I can't upgrade it anymore have tried over the years. I will get a new one working in the next couple months so keep an eye out.

Good to hear you working gov. Elyse? what happened to Mel (i think that was it). Whens the wedding Gov.

We slowed down for 3 months last year during the gm and lear bankruptcy buit then we picked up and hit 7 hours after another 2 months. I love tool and die it is a great challenge but I had to take this chance cause it gave me the thing that was most important to me. Time with my family.

You working out of your house or at an office?

Austin (youremember him my son. donut |Rogues son) he is now 10 and plays cs on the xbox better then I ever did. He talks about playing with you guys at times more bragging though to his his friends and step brothers. My family is now large. Me, Wife (Kerry) Austin Sarah (daughter) stepson Shawn and brandon and the baby Nathan.

• PheylanPheylan August 2010
    Hey Rogue,

Good to see you back.

I am currently an Officer in the Navy and am going through flight school. I'm flying the T-34 right now and living in Corpus Christi, Texas. Single at the moment, I don't have time for much of anything but I do manage get in a little bit of time on a game most nights.
  • MagicMagic August 2010
    Nice to see an old, but familiar face grace the forums! Happy to hear that things are going well with you at work and at home.

I've pretty much stopped gaming altogether. Every now and then I'll pick up an xbox controller and play something for a bit, but I haven't played anything on my PC for ages now. I just don't have the amount of free time that I used to have. I quit my job at KPMG (large accounting firm) last winter because I was being over-worked and under-paid, and now work at Thomson Reuters. I took a 40% increase in pay, have very little travel, and my hours were nearly sliced in half -- so it was a win-win-win image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> My family, friends, and new girlfriend take up the remainder of my time -- Life is good for Magic!
  • BlackLightBlackLight August 2010
    rogue! been so long

senior year at university of so cal, planning on going to law school next year for entertainment law and staying in Los Angeles. hoping to get back to CS after the LSAT and apps and further bullshit. glad to hear everything's looking up
  • ScabdatesScabdates August 2010
    Hey Rogue, it has been quite awhile! Glad to see life is going well for you. If you end up buying a new PC you should consider buying Team Fortress 2, it's pretty fun.

I'm heading into my senior year in high school and that's about it haha
  • NunesNunes August 2010
    I think I remember you... maybe?

It's always quite excellent to have somebody return with almost all good news for once! Good stuff. I dropped out of college and am working at Gore doing SCIENCE!, and enjoying it quite a bit.

But that commercial cleaning gig sounds appeeeeeeeeeaaaling...
  • RogueRogue August 2010
    Working right now. Glad to hear everyone's good. Bud and gachi still around? Scabs I remember u. We still have to mute u in game? Llamas.
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf August 2010
    ROGUE! <3 Commercial Cleaning Company? Nice. So what kind of commercials do you clean? I guess you get really busy around election times. Some of those commercials can be pretty dirty. image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Good to see your still alive. Just finished a 13 hour shift. Been on 7 12's out of town for the past 3 weeks just got in. post more.
  • BrianBrian August 2010
    <- Preacher

I remember you rogue, thought I don't remember much. You muted scabs in game though, so we must have got along. I don't really game any more, and when I do its basically wow for a few hours a month at best. I also attended a lan in NJ at which I met some of these crazy fuckers, and permanently damaged my foot running into the ocean. Good times.

Currently I work as a private investigator in the great white north. Usually working 12 hr days, so I don't have time for much of anything. Money is great though, and I have expensive tastes in toys. Most recently I purchased a crotch rocket, and will no doubt soon accidentally kill myself with it.

Life is crazy and everything seems to be happening all at once in regards to career and life changes. Games have pretty well totally fallen by the wayside.

Glad to hear life goes well for you too. I try to creep this forum occasionally in the hopes of another real life drunk-fest, but likeliness seems low. Too bad image/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />
  • RogueRogue August 2010
    7 12's been there they suck. Preach glad to hear from u. Proves u stayed alive. Hex u still getting long periods of layoff time.(typing this on my Droid sorry for any typos).
  • GovernorGovernor August 2010
    QUOTE (donut Rogue @ Aug 14 2010, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Working right now. Glad to hear everyone's good. Bud and gachi still around? Scabs I remember u. We still have to mute u in game? Llamas.

Budweiser doesn't really frequent the forums anymore. I'm not sure what he's up to gaming-wise. Gachi joined the marines; he's currently deployed in Afghanistan.
  • RogueRogue August 2010
    Marines? Thought he was a cop in nj. Trying to finish the new house up. I hate painting.
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf August 2010
    Work is picking back up. Just got back from the Harley Dealership. New rear tire, rear brakes, lower rear shocks and I bought a backrest and installed it myself. Temporary slack time for a week or so. Got a 21 day shut-down at a plant coming up. 7 12's again. Probably night-shift supervisor with a bunch of whiny new people. Hate the nightshift.
  • BrianBrian August 2010
    A back rest? Call it what it is, hex...

hehehe
  • AlfyAlfy August 2010
    Got married, bought a house, now a software developer. Wow, the last few years kinda were lame.
  • CheezzypoofCheezzypoof August 2010
    Great to see you again Rogue. Sounds like your doing well for yourself in this economy. And kicking the job to take over a family business image/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> . Hard to have a life working almost full time x2. I myself don't find much time to play games... and I don't enjoy it as much as I had in the past. I've had SC2 for 2 weeks now and haven't played it yet. Anyways I work full time as an air traffic controller and am in the middle of a house purchase.
  • crazyd1415crazyd1415 August 2010
    Hello ladies. I don't play games much these days. I bought a house. I got a 9-5. I party on the weekends. Pretty much sums up my life.
  • RogueRogue August 2010
    Congrats on the house and marriage alf. U too crazy. Trying to finish moving to the new house but a severe storm came through thurs night and we still don't have power. Could be a couple more days.
  • GachiGachi August 2010
    Hey Rogue,

Glad to hear things are looking up for you. Congrats on the house, wife, and baby. I was never a cop in NJ, though I lived in NJ at the time we were playing CS and aspiring to be a cop. Wasn't going anywhere so my wife and I decided I should join the Marine Corps and make more doors open down the road. I'm stationed in Hawaii, which is a huge benefit, but am currently deployed to Afghanistan, as Gov mentioned. I might be home beginning of November, but only time will tell. Not much else going on here, except it's hot as usual.

So Pheylan, are you set to fly fixed wing then or is that still up in the air?

How is everyone else doing these days? Crazy! Long time no see, for sure.
  • PheylanPheylan August 2010
    Yeah, still flying fixed wing. The final decision on what I will fly is still about 4-5 months away.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership