My state hopes
  • GmnotutooGmnotutoo November 2010
    20 percent of polls have been counted and the true numbers will be out tomorrow. I hope our plea is answered and this 80 year discrimination is righted. I'm sick of having to stress out about drug tests just to get a job. I was afraid of being busted earlier in my life, because in many states they'll withhold grants for receiving a possession ticket. Cops treat you with utter disrespect. Even though California is self-dependent I hate the idea of having to go through a black market to get something that science cannot decide if its a harmful intoxicant or medicinal wonder. Also, these last 100 years have been pretty much the only time in our species history where we have outlawed marijuana.

Its absolutely stupid that us Stoners are more than happy to throw 2+ billion dollars into our struggling Californian Economy and there are people here who are so close minded to other peoples wants and interests so they chose to pass on it. I'm still going to get high, legal or not, and anyone who voted no can go fuck themselves because all I wanted out of this was acceptance.
    I'm so angry.
  • GovernorGovernor November 2010
    It sucks, yeah. The thing is, there were huge numbers of pro-legalization activists organizing against the proposition. Personally, I think they are nuts, but I'm not really invested much in the fight, so I don't know all of the details. Either way, you cannot possibly pass a proposition like this without the full support of the issue's traditional base.
  • PheylanPheylan November 2010
    QUOTE (Governor @ Nov 3 2010, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    It sucks, yeah. The thing is, there were huge numbers of pro-legalization activists organizing against the proposition. Personally, I think they are nuts, but I'm not really invested much in the fight, so I don't know all of the details. Either way, you cannot possibly pass a proposition like this without the full support of the issue's traditional base.

In my experience much of that traditional base is also traditionally very unmotivated when it comes to doing anything active.
    QUOTE (Pheylan @ Nov 3 2010, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    In my experience much of that traditional base is also traditionally very unmotivated when it comes to doing anything active.

The marijuana doesn't make the person less active, the personality of the person does it and it is just stereotyped because its marijuana. Like any narcotic it can effect you so you cannot function normally, but if you drink enough you'll be in a much worse state and not able to do things for much longer periods of time. Its the personality of certain people that give this stereotype. Most of my friends who smoke are motivated and responsible, there are some who are not but I truly believe they'd remain the same without any narcotic in their life at all.

The worst part of this law passing is that the general number we lost by was 500,000 votes, yet we have over 1 million students and a bounty of other provisional voters that wont be counted but would put our vote ahead and make it legal. Our government is purposefully blocking legalization at this point and my privacy is invaded.
  • EvestayEvestay November 2010
    The provisional votes will be counted later and if it changes the results then you will win. Seems like the problem was that you didn't get people revved up about voting for it.

Post-vote poll shows that 52% of Californians think marijuana laws do more harm than good. http://patdollard.com/2010/11/poll-despite...uana-legalized/
  • NunesNunes November 2010
    High five, brah. Nearly 50%. It's a long game. Your state needs to focus on the more eastern regions, and you're fucking solid.

Meanwhile, drug testing would surely continue for employment purposes. However, it (hopefully) wouldn't carry over to other jobs after that.

And:
    cannot decide if its a harmful intoxicant or medicinal wonder.

It's both. Carbon Monoxide = bad. Harmful. It's an intoxicant as well, separate entirely from its harmfulness (which is still up in the air, but in theory it sure as shit ain't "good for you") But for some diseases it is literally the only known treatment. And fucking those people over for some false semblance of security is fucked.

Go ahead, treat me like a criminal. Don't really care. But to treat people who actually need this shit like criminals on the off chance that you get the thrill of throwing me in jail? BS.

The fundamental problem with the vote wasn't really participation on the part of proponents, but overexposure of the opponents. IMO.

Keep it up, dude. You'll get there first, and I'll seriously think about moving out there.

/and I understand there were some fucky provisions in this thing. About cities being able to fuck you around?
  • cutchinscutchins November 2010
    the pro-marijuana people that opposed this are largely responsible for it's defeat. i hope bad things happen to them.

but, anyway, the prospects for legalization taking hold in the next 4 years are very promising. coincidentally, that timeline coincides with my separation date from the Navy. image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Jason, how close are you to San Diego?
    Close! 1 and a half hours away with bad traffic. image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
  • cutchinscutchins November 2010
    We should hang some time. image/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership