Missile
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf November 2010
    Apparently the missile was not fired by U.S. Military.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11721981

A CBS News helicopter captured what looked like the vapour trail of a missile rising from the water about 35 miles (56 km) offshore.

"Right now all indications are that it was not [defence department] involvement in this launch" Pentagon spokesman Col David Lapan said.

The Pentagon does not consider the missile a threat.

"So far we've come up empty with any explanation," Col Lapan said. "We're doing everything we can to try to figure out if anybody has any knowledge of what this event may have been."

Under normal circumstances, the launch of a US missile would require several different authorisations and notifications, but none are evident.

It is unclear if the suspected missile was launched from land or sea.

Just in from HNN (The Hexenwulf News Network)

The missile body was recovered several miles inland from it's launch site. There have been few clues as to it's origins. The only things known so far are that the missile had class and model designations on it. Apparently it is an Gmnotutoo model missile with a class designation of CDXX (in Roman Numerals). The only other noted clue was that it utilized a highly unusual HEMP based propellant. The residue from the propellant has been turned over to N.A.S.A. for further study.

Hate to admit it but I had to look up the Roman Numerals. I could only get to 99 before.
  • BlackLightBlackLight November 2010
    nice i'm glad i live in L.A....
  • ErlingErling November 2010
    weed did it
  • JonobonoJonobono November 2010
    He was mad about prop 19..
  • BrianBrian November 2010
    Since as far as I know rockets (trail caused by fuel source) don't stop giving off their trail at certain altitudes like jets (trail caused by humidity) do, I'd say jet contrail?
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf November 2010
    QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 11 2010, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Since as far as I know rockets (trail caused by fuel source) don't stop giving off their trail at certain altitudes like jets (trail caused by humidity) do, I'd say jet contrail?

That seems to be the general consensus.

Though I still like my idea of a CDXX class of rocket. CDXX = 420 in roman numerals. I thought it was amusing.
  • NunesNunes November 2010
  • BrianBrian November 2010
    QUOTE (Andrew @ Nov 11 2010, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I died.
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton November 2010
    QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 11 2010, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I died.

Welcome to the afterlife. Coffee is down the hall... enjoy your eternity.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership