Help - Video Cards
  • ErlingErling September 2011
    So, downloaded the BF3 Beta (The Origin... system... is absolutely retarded). Get into a game, it looks sweet. But - FPS is bad. No sweat, just drop the video settings right? Nope, game auto-set everything the minimum. So... I need a new video card but I'm no where near up to date on ANY hardware things.

Would like to keep it under $200. Any recommendations?
  • fratersangfratersang October 2011
    what are you running now?

I just got the 6870 2gb version for $224 and it seems to do pretty well. most settings on high.
  • GovernorGovernor October 2011
    If you're looking for really cheap, I'd recommend the GTS 250. It is what I have now, and it does play BF3 on minimum settings.
  • ErlingErling October 2011
    Currently using a Nvidia GeForce 9500 GS. My only concern is that this is a prebuilt HP mid tower, not sure if I need to worry about space/my power supply?
  • ErlingErling October 2011
    Do you think it's worth the extra 60-70 dollars over the 1gig version frat?
  • fratersangfratersang October 2011
    Definitely, the regular 6870 is good, but rates low compared to other higher cards for bf3, so the 2gb helps put it at par with some of those other cards, plus the 6870 2gb has a shorter profile than the 6780 regular, or black edition, don't ask me why. Its about 10 inches long and is actually shorter than the 4850 i used to have crammed in this case. It DOES use 2 pci-e power plugs/rails though so keep that in mind, and has a 600watt power supply minimum.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership