Who's been following SC2?
  • azn+mikeazn mike October 2008
    I have, I'm gonna play through both SC and SC:BW to refresh on the story line...I used to be able to play it through without cheats, but since I suck at RTS now I may fail over and over again hahaha.

I need to buy the cds again though...does blizzard sell shit online?
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton October 2008
    Yes. If you have the CD keys, you can download it for free.

They are also still sold in game stores and Walmart.
    I don't have my license anymore, so I'll just download them image/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />.
  • vegitotgkvegitotgk October 2008
    Do you guys know where I can dl Starcraft for Mac? I haven't had any luck so far with torrents and such
  • Black+BalloonBlack Balloon October 2008
    How do you guys feel about Blizzard splitting the campaigns into three separate games?
  • jimmah7jimmah7 October 2008
    im not a fan. it's the same as splitting kill bill into two movies. they're just doing it for maximum profits. well if they charge full prices. does anyone know if each part going to cost the full price?
  • GovernorGovernor October 2008
    I think the multiple game thing is awesome. There are 36 single player levels for each game; the original and brood war had 30 levels each. Compared to most other real time strategies -- which usually have 10-15 levels -- the amount of content for each of the three games is massive. Couple the sheer amount of content with the top of the line quality that blizzard always delivers, I am confident the three games will be more than worth it.

Of course it is a way for them to make more money. When they're producing far more and far better quality content than anyone else out there, what's the problem with that?
  • PheylanPheylan October 2008
    I don't mind it either. Every product Blizzard puts out is top of the line. I wish some of the other companies cared as much.
    Same here, considering they are probably setting it out on three parts to make the story even far superior than if it was just one part. I like the idea considering I love the SC story line.
  • ebolaebola October 2008
    Why are people (not necessarily here, I'm address the whole shit load of people who have jumped on this failwagon on the internet) complaining before any of the products have come out? No one will know exactly this event means until they are. People who judge books by their covers are lame. Sheep.
    I heard that, in addition to being super fuckin long, each campaign is meant to be conclusive for that particular race. This strikes me as both a good and bad thing; I'm all for them being money grubbing whores at Bliz, because they make damn good products. And by fuck, I'll buy them anyway. My problem is that I enjoy the story and the game so much that I don't know if I'll ever really want it to end. I'm happy to throw down a hundred bucks or more to get some quality games, and it's annoying that I don't get to feel that confident about a purchase more often.
    QUOTE (Tom @ Oct 18 2008, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Why are people (not necessarily here, I'm address the whole shit load of people who have jumped on this failwagon on the internet) complaining before any of the products have come out? No one will know exactly this event means until they are. People who judge books by their covers are lame. Sheep.

I bet you 99% of the people complaining will still buy the games.
    QUOTE (GnS @ Oct 18 2008, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Do you guys know where I can dl Starcraft for Mac? I haven't had any luck so far with torrents and such

If you have the CD key, you can get it at the blizzard website.

Tom, as for the other people, they are just bitching because they don't want to spend the extra money. What these retards do not realize is that they are getting pure quality games that you will receive from the money spend unlike some other games that cost the same.

Anything that came from blizzard has been nothing but phenomenal, I don't understand why they don't want to cough up the extra 30-40 bucks to buy and support their products.

Black Balloon,
    If that is the case, then I'm glad that they are doing it that way. At least they aren't doing what they did with the Warcraft series and bringing it into the MMORPG and continuing the story line that way. IMHO I think that if they are ending it in three different series it was a great idea on their part to (again I've said this already) perfect what hasn't been perfected on the other series.

QUOTE (Black Balloon @ Oct 19 2008, 01:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I heard that, in addition to being super fuckin long, each campaign is meant to be conclusive for that particular race. This strikes me as both a good and bad thing; I'm all for them being money grubbing whores at Bliz, because they make damn good products. And by fuck, I'll buy them anyway. My problem is that I enjoy the story and the game so much that I don't know if I'll ever really want it to end. I'm happy to throw down a hundred bucks or more to get some quality games, and it's annoying that I don't get to feel that confident about a purchase more often.

Warcraft II did a pretty good job of concluding that storyline as well, but that didn't stop them from releasing Warcraft III, an expansion pack to it, and the whole World of Warcraft series. Many will say that the WC3 gameplay sucked (personally I didn't enjoy it, but that doesn't mean I think it was bad), but the storyline was awesome.

I highly doubt that Blizzard would end the starcraft series if SC2 is a success. They are probably just concluding the internal struggles of Kerrigan, Raynor, and Zeratul.
    on that note. Arcturus : Zerg :: Bush (2nd term) : Terrorists

I know that was a bad idea. Please do not go off topic like i just did.
  • NunesNunes October 2008
    QUOTE (Jimmah7 @ Oct 18 2008, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    im not a fan. it's the same as splitting kill bill into two movies. they're just doing it for maximum profits. well if they charge full prices. does anyone know if each part going to cost the full price?

I dropped a $5 deposit on the game the week it was finalized, which was before this tidbit was revealed, so I'm a touch annoyed at this as well... But Court's right on the money. The games will be fantastic (if they live up to Blizzards expectation levels) and this actually fits better with their development style which should maximize the quality of each of the campaigns. I'm a little curious as to how this will effect multiplayer though. Has anyone heard if it'll be available out of the gate, or if they're waiting till all 3 campaigns are out?
    I'm not too sure, I figured that the multiplayer will be readily available straight off the bat only because everyone's been anticipating it. So that maybe the reason why it is coming out as a series of three because they want players to have the multiplayer version out and didn't quite finish the other two series?

I dunno
    I have heard that full multiplayer will be available with any single game. To me, that's the only possibility that makes sense since they have said that the reason it is being separated into three games is because of the scale of the single player campaigns. Since all the campaigns are suppose to take place simultaneously, there shouldn't be any new units being introduced from game to game, so there really isn't any reason not to have full-fledged multiplayer available at launch.
  • TrueBelieverTrueBeliever October 2008
    never played the original but thinking about getting it and trying it out.
    QUOTE (Governor @ Oct 20 2008, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I have heard that full multiplayer will be available with any single game. To me, that's the only possibility that makes sense since they have said that the reason it is being separated into three games is because of the scale of the single player campaigns. Since all the campaigns are suppose to take place simultaneously, there shouldn't be any new units being introduced from game to game, so there really isn't any reason not to have full-fledged multiplayer available at launch.

I guess my thinking was along the lines of whether they'd want people to be familiar with all the races before multiplayer came out... but your scenario makes WAY more sense than that. Have you read that or is that just your hypothesis?
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Oct 20 2008, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I guess my thinking was along the lines of whether they'd want people to be familiar with all the races before multiplayer came out... but your scenario makes WAY more sense than that. Have you read that or is that just your hypothesis?

I read it somewhere, but that's not to say that it was official word from Blizzard. It was on one of the myriad of articles or forums that I've read about the game.
    QUOTE (Governor @ Oct 20 2008, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I read it somewhere, but that's not to say that it was official word from Blizzard. It was on one of the myriad of articles or forums that I've read about the game.

Meh good enough for me. Consider my slight annoyance with Blizzard for part by part releasing the campaigns to be assuaged.
    lawlz. but seriously...I can't wait.
    Well, with the campaign splitting plan they have, it means it'll be out and ready all the faster. That, if nothing else, I can be happy about.
    QUOTE (Black Balloon @ Oct 20 2008, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Well, with the campaign splitting plan they have, it means it'll be out and ready all the faster. That, if nothing else, I can be happy about.

This is, of course, the idea. Releasing games in parts should do two things. First, it should make those parts cheaper. Second, it should let them release sooner. I've given up on the third promise, which is higher quality. HL2:Episode Suck ruined my belief in the system.
    I enjoyed HL2:2. The problem was it just promised too much; sort of like Fable. Open-field fighting and mass strider chases and all that; which you didn't really get until that very last part. And then it seemed too short to warrant so much development time. But that's Valve, a completely different company. So I hold a semblance of faith.
    yeah. I'm seriously excited about this. I'm just saying that my previous experiences with episodic releases was less than stellar as the things that were promised to warrant all the headaches were either too short, or poorly done. Shmeh. I think Blizzard, however, has been doing episodic releases in WOW anyway (more or less) so they have it on lock. Hopefully.
  • ErlingErling October 2008
    SC2, WotLC, D3. Fucking Blizzard. Stop stealing my life!
    Yeah, I'd say that Blizzard is really outdoing themselves in 2008-09
    Agreed with Phey.
  • redboneredbone October 2008
    does anyone know when this SC2 puppy comes out? Around halfway through december would be great because then I could spend my christmas holiday tearing it up.
    QUOTE (redbone @ Oct 23 2008, 02:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    does anyone know when this SC2 puppy comes out? Around halfway through december would be great because then I could spend my christmas holiday tearing it up.

This is Blizzard we're talking about. Release dates are shrouded in mystery, locked away from the prying eyes of mere mortals like you and I. Probably not by Christmas though.
    Like Andrew said, Blizzard never announces release dates pretty much until the game is 100% complete.

However, Blizzard is notorious for releasing their games in the month preceding Christmas, so I was really surprised to see neither SC2 or D3 announced already. I sincerely doubt either will be released before Christmas this year since it is already almost November, but I'm really hoping they don't wait until next Christmas to release either game. To be honest, I don't expect them to do that since they've already announced that the games will be released which is something they usually do not do until the game is almost done, but until I hear otherwise, I will remain worried.
    I predict that I will enjoy playing SC2 and D3 as much in June as I would on Christmas break.
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Oct 23 2008, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I predict that I will enjoy playing SC2 and D3 as much in June as I would on Christmas break.

QFT
    I would guess D3 will be released around June. I can't see them releasing two games within 6 months, and the WoW expansion comes out here in a couple of weeks I believe.
  • BlueBoxBobBlueBoxBob October 2008
    Damn it such good games but yet so addictive. I have no control on myself as for video games and I know that I ruined a little part of my teenager life with D2. Shall I play D3 with moderation IF I can or will I fall in hell image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />.
    They've slated WotLK for November for the Christmas sales; even if they had a marketable product ready on the side, they wouldn't release it yet. There's still plenty of hype, they don't need to rush and end up splitting their own sales between multiple products. I'd guess SC2 as early as April or May.
    QUOTE (Black Balloon @ Oct 24 2008, 02:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    They've slated WotLK for November for the Christmas sales; even if they had a marketable product ready on the side, they wouldn't release it yet. There's still plenty of hype, they don't need to rush and end up splitting their own sales between multiple products. I'd guess SC2 as early as April or May.

I've heard that they were going to release D3 before SC2 despite the latter being announced first. My sources are often speculative fan boys, but that is what I heard nonetheless.
    I've heard the same thing that Gov just said, SC2 being put on hold to finish development of D3. I think that might be an exaggeration, but I could see D3 being released first.
  • redboneredbone October 2008
    Yeah. It's been so long since the first one came out, what's another 6 months.
    edit: meaning 6 more months after summer, putting it around this time next year
    Just finished the Original Content of SC. That was a lot of fun not going to lie. haha
    I quite like the campaign, my only problem was that it didn't have a variable difficulty. But that's hardly a legitimate gripe when it came out over a decade ago.
    u played SC without me?
    QUOTE (Tom @ Oct 24 2008, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    u played SC without me?

Just the campaign Tom image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership