FREE TACO!!
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton October 2008
    The World Series is under way (Phils up 1-0, GO PHILS!). Anyway, because a base was stolen in the game, everyone in America gets a free taco from Taco Bell on October 28th.

MLB article on the event.
  • GovernorGovernor October 2008
    Apparently, baseball is happening.

I didn't even know it was baseball season until I found out that the world series was going on, and I didn't know the world series was going on (much less that the Phillies were in it) until I happened upon a comment on digg that mentioned it in passing.
  • NunesNunes October 2008
    Fuck Taco Bell. And I can barely muster enough enthusiasm for Baseball to wonder if the Phillies will choke.
    And yes, fuck Taco Bell.
    In a far more important note: FREE DR. PEPPER!

They released a challenge back in march saying that everyone would be elligible for a free can of Dr. Pepper if Guns N' Roses released Chinese Democracy this year. Well, it's due out November 23, so just log into their [Dr. Pepper] site on the release date and claim your soda.
    For the record, Plano Water has a terrible record with me and my pals about giving us our free DP. Having won several myself, and having seen other people win about 10 or so total from the type this code in online thingers, and having never seen a single one of those, I remain skeptical.

More on point. Even if they do send them out I suspect there will be many fewer thirsty mailmen.
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton October 2008
    Free Dr. Pepper! I'm in.
  • BlackLightBlackLight October 2008
    QUOTE (Governor @ Oct 23 2008, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    In a far more important note: FREE DR. PEPPER!

They released a challenge back in march saying that everyone would be elligible for a free can of Dr. Pepper if Guns N' Roses released Chinese Democracy this year. Well, it's due out November 23, so just log into their [Dr. Pepper] site on the release date and claim your soda.

alas, I can only count the number of times Chinese Democracy has had a release date if I use my toes as well. We'll see if Axl comes through this time (it looks hopeful)
  • BlueBoxBobBlueBoxBob October 2008
    image/ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> How dare you say Taco Bell sucks. Here, where I live upon North, we don't have that kind of food excellence. I can tell you that we all crave from some Taco Bell so enjoy yours !
    QUOTE (BlackLight @ Oct 23 2008, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    alas, I can only count the number of times Chinese Democracy has had a release date if I use my toes as well. We'll see if Axl comes through this time (it looks hopeful)

There have been official tracks released. No official single yet though. It will invariably suck, and it shouldn't have been put out under the GnR brand.

Taco Bell sucks like McDonald's sucks. I can get WAY better mexican food for not a whole lot more. Just like I can go to Five Guys and get a nationally recognized burger with the east coasts best fries for 6 bucks, instead of paying 5 bucks for a piece of reconstituted beef-like substitute in between a couple slabs of cardboard.
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Oct 24 2008, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    There have been official tracks released. No official single yet though. It will invariably suck, and it shouldn't have been put out under the GnR brand.

Taco Bell sucks like McDonald's sucks. I can get WAY better mexican food for not a whole lot more. Just like I can go to Five Guys and get a nationally recognized burger with the east coasts best fries for 6 bucks, instead of paying 5 bucks for a piece of reconstituted beef-like substitute in between a couple slabs of cardboard.

Amen. And this is why I haven't eaten any fast food (pizza doesn't count, I say!) since June of last year. A record I can be proud of, in my opinion.
  • redboneredbone October 2008
    QUOTE (BlueBoxBob @ Oct 24 2008, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    image/ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> How dare you say Taco Bell sucks. Here, where I live upon North, we don't have that kind of food excellence. I can tell you that we all crave from some Taco Bell so enjoy yours !

I'm with this guy, screw you guys, I want my free taco!

Buying meals at McDonalds is indeed a rip off. Where the yummy goodness for your dollar comes in is the dollar menu and double cheeseburgers. 2$ = 2 dbl cheeseburgers = quick lunch.

Taco bell? 3 tacos for approx. 2.75
  • PheylanPheylan October 2008
    These not much better then Taco Bell or McDonald's at 4 in the morning when everything else is closed.
    Steak 'n Shake!
  • jkarate212jkarate212 October 2008
    Subway is about it for me. Yum.
  • GmnotutooGmnotutoo October 2008
    Is your mom's taco free also?
  • ebolaebola October 2008
    with the exception of Chick-fil-A, fast food restaurants are overrated to me.
  • xemplarxemplar October 2008
    What makes Chic-fil-A better then the rest?
  • PheylanPheylan October 2008
    The bestest chicken sandwich around.
  • PhilPhil October 2008
    In New Mexico, you can purchase a Green Chile Double Cheeseburger for $1 from McDonalds. They replace the pickles with green chile, and its a surprising improvement. However, I second Andrew for his endorsement of 5 Guys. However, I do wish there was an In'N'Out Burger closer to home...
    QUOTE (BlackLight @ Oct 24 2008, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Steak 'n Shake!

Down in MD there was a local mom n pop place called the "Steak 'n Shake". A few years back a chain by that name came in and forced them to change their name. They are now in the phone book as "Steak And"
  • coffeecoffee October 2008
    mcdonalds has awesome breakfasts, and meh everything else. i only eat there once every 6 months, but if i get the chance i always get a 4 cheeseburger and large fries meal. But generally all fast food to me places are meh, except for A&W. They fucking suck. My favorite is Opa, the chicken souvlaki platter rules
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Oct 27 2008, 05:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Down in MD there was a local mom n pop place called the "Steak 'n Shake". A few years back a chain by that name came in and forced them to change their name. They are now in the phone book as "Steak And"

best chain ever with the exception of in 'n out.
    QUOTE (BlackLight @ Oct 27 2008, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    best chain ever with the exception of in 'n out.

I prefers me a good ol' Steak And.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership