Brace yourself.
  • mungomungo October 2008
    The Dow/S&P Futures have hit their limit-down levels, down 548 and 60 respectively.

It's going to be a bumpy ride.
  • NunesNunes October 2008
    The market seems to have leveled off actually. I'm sure there's a bunch of math and stuff I'm not familiar with at all, but just based on the charts, the market dropped off a SHITLOAD earlier, but now you see some positive and negative days, and throughout the day it goes from up to down to up, and each day the size of the fluctuations gets a bit smaller. I thought we were seeing the end of the decline and we were just in for a decade or so of stagnation.

Would you mind elaborating on what a limit-down level is?
  • redboneredbone October 2008
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Oct 24 2008, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The market seems to have leveled off actually. I'm sure there's a bunch of math and stuff I'm not familiar with at all, but just based on the charts, the market dropped off a SHITLOAD earlier, but now you see some positive and negative days, and throughout the day it goes from up to down to up, and each day the size of the fluctuations gets a bit smaller. I thought we were seeing the end of the decline and we were just in for a decade or so of stagnation.

Would you mind elaborating on what a limit-down level is?

Just think of it with a little reverse directional analogy: the shit has hit the fan.
    What's caused the sudden lack of faith guys? Weren't you both saying that things weren't that bad when they passed the rescue bill and the bottom fell out from the DOW?
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton October 2008
    Don't worry Andrew. They are planning on giving them more money. It'll all work out.
  • azn+mikeazn mike October 2008
    YAY THROW MONEY AT PROBLEMS!
    It "worked" in Iraq. If you believe the hype.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership