Recent attacks press conference
  • ebolaebola November 2008
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz_0mMvqcVw

I don't care if you agree with or oppose these attacks, the refusal to comment seems a little ridiculous. Legitimate or not, explanations should be given to the public. It is especially key that you notice one reporter mentioning that the White House must confirm or deny allegations by other countries at some time. You defend the Dana Perino however you want, but that doesn't change the fact that this was indeed the spokesperson they sent to cover this press conference. It is where the White House stands. She gave no reasons for refusing to comment (a decision has not been made, national security is at risk, there has been a delay of communication, etc). I know there has been similar press conferences like this before, but not so direct and on an issue as important. I am personally offended that she is not even doing us the favor of dodging questions. I want to believe that this is just a delay tactic, and answers will be offered by the White House soon. It is my belief that the government has to explain its actions to its subjects in a timely fashion.
  • redboneredbone November 2008
    What the hell was the purpose of the press conference if the only thing she can say is I can't comment?
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership