Coulter + Colmes
  • NunesNunes November 2008
    Go figure.

Her argument:
    Obama sat at a dinner table with Khalidi.
    Colmes:
    And McCain gave almost half a million dollars to him, what's your point?
    Coulter:
    No he didn't.
    Colmes:
    Yes he did.
    Coulter:
    You can't pull this guilt by association crap.

me:
    ORLY?
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton November 2008
    Colmes is starting to become awesome. To think he was hired by Fox...
    He was hired to be the ratty-looking, unimposing, liberal punching bag for the bastion of American machismo, Sean Hannity. Every once and then he makes an argument so well reasoned and irrefutable that no amount of right-wing wharrgarbl can really penetrate it. That's when he manages to put some balls on display and actually tell them they are retarded.

Most of the time he's still a ratty-looking, unimposing, liberal punching bag for the bastion of American machismo, Sean Hannity...

This was not accidental.
    Hannity:
    Colmes:
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton November 2008
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Nov 3 2008, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Every once and then he makes an argument so well reasoned and irrefutable that no amount of right-wing wharrgarbl can really penetrate it.

Most of the time he's still a ratty-looking, unimposing, liberal punching bag for the bastion of American machismo, Sean Hannity...

The first is why he is becoming awesome. He has been doing more of it lately. I'm surprised he hasn't been fired by the folks at FNC yet. Can anyone find the video of where Hannity and Friends are talking about Edwards (I believe it was Edwards... could have been Kerry... Maybe if they didn't have the same first name and run on the same ticket I'd get them confused less often...) and asking "How can anyone trust a man to run a country when he can't even keep a commitment to his wife?" That was an awesome day for Colmes and logic.

The second is what I have always and continue to think of the man.
    I suppose I can be convinced that Colmes is a little better than mold at presenting a convincing argument to those other assholes. I just can't get over the idea that he's part of FNC's "Un-american LIEberal Nancy Bully Media" narrative.

If he doesn't stand up for himself, he's a pussy. Look at the pussy. It's so ineffectual! Lulz.

If he stands up for himself, he's a bully. Part of the Liberal "mainstream MSM media" (sic R. Limbaugh) problem.

For the audience being catered to he is there not to present a balanced perspective but to represent the imbalance Fox wishes to project on the rest of the media. Meanwhile, to non audience members the show gets to seem fair by allowing a dissenting opinion on their show to be lambasted by the more dominant and clearly more American Hannity.

He's just as much a symbol of why I hate Fox as BillO
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership