Insane Misconceptions
  • This thread is about those stupid misconceptions we had as children, like for example, chocolate milk comes from brown cows, or new shoes make you jump higher/run faster...

I'm sure we all had at least one, if not more of them when we were young, and after seeing this on another forum I frequent I was hoping to see if the results on this forum would be as hilarious as in the one this idea originated from!

My only one that comes to mind at this time it regarding toothpaste.

When I was young I was under the impression that toothpaste painted (as in literally painted) your teeth white. As I'm sure you can conclude when I was young enough to think that I didn't have multicoloured toothpaste. That would of fucked with that theory I'm sure!

XD

I noes you had em, post yours!

P.S Ryan your forums cripple me mentally sometimes. Hoping for more on topic hilarity on these boards.
  • GovernorGovernor November 2008
    QUOTE (Funky Pasta T0mmY @ Nov 3 2008, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    This thread is about those stupid misconceptions we had as children, like for example, chocolate milk comes from brown cows, or new shoes make you jump higher/run faster...

I'm sure we all had at least one, if not more of them when we were young, and after seeing this on another forum I frequent I was hoping to see if the results on this forum would be as hilarious as in the one this idea originated from!

My only one that comes to mind at this time it regarding toothpaste.

When I was young I was under the impression that toothpaste painted (as in literally painted) your teeth white. As I'm sure you can conclude when I was young enough to think that I didn't have multicoloured toothpaste. That would of fucked with that theory I'm sure!

XD

I noes you had em, post yours!

P.S Ryan your forums cripple me mentally sometimes. Hoping for more on topic hilarity on these boards.

To be 100% honest, I don't remember ever having any crazy misconceptions about stuff. If there were something I didn't understand, I asked someone to explain it to me.

If I did have similar misconceptions, I don't remember them now.
  • fratersangfratersang November 2008
    This topic is on the fast track to faildom
  • TrueBelieverTrueBeliever November 2008
    QUOTE (fratersang @ Nov 4 2008, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    This topic is on the fast track to faildom

haha
  • dandan November 2008
    I had one misconception. I used to think Court was straight. Oh man was I wrong.

-dan
  • ebolaebola November 2008
    little kids commonly have misconceptions. i've been around little kids enough to know most of them have some pretty funny answers. i'm sure i had my share of them too. it's just that we almost always forget most things from early childhood. go ask your parents. but i do remember that when i saw a magician pull toys out of empty bag, i thought that that's how toys were made. i tried to pull myself new toys out of empty bags.
  • You sound like one of the most boring children ever Court.

XD
    QUOTE (Funky Pasta T0mmY @ Nov 7 2008, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    You sound like one of the most boring children ever Court.

XD

Ha! Perhaps, but since I find nothing fun or entertaining about ignorance at any age, I guess "boring" is pretty relative.

It doesn't require naivety for kids to be able to laugh and play to their hearts' content.
  • NunesNunes November 2008
    When I was a wee lad I thought simply sleeping in the same bed was all it took to make a baby. I'm glad it's more fun than that.
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Nov 7 2008, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    When I was a wee lad I thought simply sleeping in the same bed was all it took to make a baby. I'm glad it's more fun than that.

That would be so much better than the situation now. It means you wouldn't have to bag it and leaving after the deed is done to sleep in your own bed wouldn't be frowned upon. Win-win if you ask me.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership