Congrats.
  • mungomungo November 2008
    Not to any of you, but to President Elect Obama. For all of our sakes I hope that I was wrong with the majority of my complaints.

The only things I hope for are simple. I hope that some crazy hick republican puts the sniper rifle down before doing something for 'the greater good' because that's the LAST thing this country needs. I truly hope that Obama isn't an empty suit, either.

As demonstrated by this monumental (in all senses) win, Obama is what this country needs in the short term, and as much skepticism as I have, I hope he does really well. I hope the confidence he instills in the younger generation is still there four years from now, because like it or not, we're all in this ride for the long haul. Let's hope his fantastic rhetoric never fails, and the choices he makes benefit this country in the long run.

Obama is in for a tough ride, just as McCain would have been preparing for. He has a lot of work ahead of him. I wish him the best of luck, our futures are in his hands.

So come one, come all, let's rejoice around our new president -- and for all of those who truly wished for change, I can feel it coming. Now all that's left is all of us working together to make it the kind of change this country needs.
  • ScabdatesScabdates November 2008
    President Obama (and his secret adviser, Scabdates) would like to thank you for your support of this fine country.
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton November 2008
    Much respect to you, mungo.
  • NunesNunes November 2008
    Roger that. We all hope this guy is what we need. I couldn't have said it better myself, mang.
  • GovernorGovernor November 2008
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Nov 5 2008, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Roger that. We all hope this guy is what we need. I couldn't have said it better myself, mang.

For the record, I have no hope that this guy is what we need. But he's what we have, and unlike the current administration, at least he'll make Americans happy as he continues to break apart the foundation of a free nation.
    The concession speech
    Where the hell was this man all year?
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton November 2008
    Stuck following his party's every whim.
    Obama's acceptance speech

About to give it a listen and read along. Missed all this last night. I was driving home when the DJ flipped two shits and started slinging free drinks at the bar.
  • GachiGachi November 2008
    I recorded it on my DVR as I was really tired. Just got done watching it and I am impressed. Congrats Barack Obama!
  • neocronneocron November 2008
    Congrats yanks!
  • PheylanPheylan November 2008
    I'll just say, Mungo put it better then I could have. Good luck to the next four years.
  • Black+BalloonBlack Balloon November 2008
    I have to say I was really quite impressed with the concession speech from McCain. Why couldn't he have had a campaign that had that same demeanor?
    check it

The relevant part:
    -- McCain also was reluctant to use Obama's incendiary pastor Rev. Jeremiah Wright as a campaign issue. He had set firm boundaries: no Jeremiah Wright; no attacking Michelle Obama; no attacking Obama for not serving in the military. McCain balked at an ad using images of children that suggested that Obama might not protect them from terrorism; Schmidt vetoed ads suggesting that Obama was soft on crime (no Willie Hortons); and before word even got to McCain, Schmidt and Salter scuttled a "celebrity" ad of Obama dancing with talk-show host Ellen DeGeneres (the sight of a black man dancing with a lesbian was deemed too provocative).

Basically, he let his campaign get hijacked by people who thought Palin had her fingers on the pulse of America.

edit: and thinking back, McCain himself did actually adhere to his principals. He got in over his head with the crazy half of his party though. That much is for sure. But most of the REALLY shitty stuff was coming from Palin and the RNC. The worst McCain had in the end was some shit about Marxism and "spreading the wealth" around.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership