My iTunes playlist
  • dandan November 2008
    I'm sitting here with my music directory on shuffle, and I was pretty amused with the selection of songs.

There's a Fire - OK Go

followed immediately by

We Didn't Start the Fire - Billy Joel

I know no one cares, but I thought there was sufficient awesome present that I should inform someone.

-dan
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf December 2008
    Now you need to get some

I don't want to set the world on fire - The Inkspots

• ScabdatesScabdates December 2008
    Maybe some:

John Frusciante - Your Pussy's Glued to a Bulding On Fire
  • itunes fucking blows.
  • redboneredbone December 2008
    QUOTE (Funky Pasta T0mmY @ Dec 6 2008, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    itunes fucking blows.

<3 and +1
  • GovernorGovernor December 2008
    QUOTE (redbone @ Dec 6 2008, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    <3 and +1

Aside from the gross amount of resources it takes, I think itunes is a pretty good music managing client.

Of course, because it is open source, I prefer songbird far more.
  • ebolaebola December 2008
    u seem to have forgotten the bloatwares that itunes come with if ur on windows. annoying as fuck
  • dandan December 2008
    QUOTE (Tom @ Dec 6 2008, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    u seem to have forgotten the bloatwares that itunes come with if ur on windows. annoying as fuck

You can always disable that shit...

-dan
    ummm quicktime? required? automatic update? reinstalls every time. and has other shit prechecked for install every time on purpose. safari, oh okay. itunes_helper? yeah, i want to reset that from my msconfig every time. apple mobile device? just because i can turn genius off doesnt mean i want it installed. dont defend this POS. itunes sacrifices performance and features for the sake of advertising. its a fucking horrible piece of software. why would i use it when something uses less resources, has near identical features and doesnt install other resource hogging shit like Bonjour to report private info back to apple servers. try songbird.
  • redboneredbone December 2008
    Am I the only sucker for using WMP just because its already there?
  • BlackLightBlackLight December 2008
    i use itunes because it's there on my mac :/
  • jimmah7jimmah7 December 2008
    i tried out songbird in response to this thread. and when i tested them out songbird used a lot more memory than itunes. on average a little more than 3x as much memory.
    what are you smoking. and my post is with regards to windows only blacklight =/
  • coffeecoffee December 2008
    i like winAmp. iTunes' equalizer presets blow ass, and as a file manager is below average. winAmp has many many more presets and has one click file detection for new songs, very handy when you have a bunch of files to import and they're not all in the same path. WinAmp with a classic-type skin (literally millions of skins to choose from) applied only uses about 3mb of memory.

oh and redbone WMP should never, EVER be used for playing music. it's decent at playing videos, and you can use it for music, but it's completely outclassed by other programs that do it so fucking much better. it's the Jean Claude Van Damme of media players.
  • NunesNunes December 2008
    Winamp is excellent because it allows you to manage your music in a pretty decent variety of ways. One of my good friends is sitting on a 165 Gig collection of music; all of which lives in his tens-of-thousands-of-songs-long playlist. You can just search for the song title or band name or album you want and make a "sub" playlist on the fly and somehow this isn't retardedly slow. It's got a hell of a nice music library, and while I'd NEVER let a program manage my music collection apparently it is decent at it. It's my program of choice.

There's less resource heavy applications out there of course, but they slowly get stripped of stuff I actually use as they get less and less hoggish.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership