November unemployment numbers
  • mungomungo December 2008
    533,000 jobs lost.

new unemployment at 6.7%
  • NunesNunes December 2008
    Is there a place where we can read about job loss by sector? It's one thing if all these people are debt collectors, stock brokers, middle management, etc. It's another if we're talking about workers who are producing stuff.

That's a crapload of people, regardless.
  • redboneredbone December 2008
    Smells like awesome to me.
  • GovernorGovernor December 2008
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Dec 5 2008, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Is there a place where we can read about job loss by sector? It's one thing if all these people are debt collectors, stock brokers, middle management, etc. It's another if we're talking about workers who are producing stuff.

That's a crapload of people, regardless.

I would assume a good majority of those people are production workers. I highly doubt they are debt collectors image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

It's really a shame that all of these people have been taxed via inflation for so long; perhaps they could have otherwise saved some money to help them get through this hard time.
  • NunesNunes December 2008
  • KPKP December 2008
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Dec 5 2008, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wtf is this..I don't see any pretty bar graphs or pie charts. How else can data be shown in a simple and yet easily manipulated manner!?

I'll have to read the information later as I am at work right now but yeah that is a shit load of jobs. I am having a hard time getting a grasp of the economic shit storm since I am not in the country(come back in 3 days!) but that sounds pretty bad. Two of my friends in philly have been laid off and they say they know a lot of others that are as well.

Luckily for me..the Nepal economy is pretty stable...as in its pretty much at rock bottom other than reaching Zimbabwe levels. But then again I have to live in Nepal during winter...

yeah..its cold.

BEER!
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership