How important are national polls to you?
  • mungomungo December 2008
    I know this is a horribly vague question, with about a zillion right answers....

Do you really care what the majority of Americans think? Of course we all want what we feel is best for this country, but we're innately designed for self-preservation moreso than anything else.

I have a really hard time agreeing with national polls about, because as much as I understand that they show us color on issues, it shows more than anything else that people are uneducated...which is frustrating.

So I guess my question is: how much does a national survey influence your own opinions?
  • GovernorGovernor December 2008
    QUOTE (mungo @ Dec 23 2008, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I know this is a horribly vague question, with about a zillion right answers....

Do you really care what the majority of Americans think? Of course we all want what we feel is best for this country, but we're innately designed for self-preservation moreso than anything else.

I have a really hard time agreeing with national polls about, because as much as I understand that they show us color on issues, it shows more than anything else that people are uneducated...which is frustrating.

So I guess my question is: how much does a national survey influence your own opinions?

I feel confident in saying that national polls do not influence my opinions at all. I don't really understand their purpose other than to confuse the vast majority of idiots out there and help muddy the waters between the republic we were suppose to have and the democracy we have today.
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton December 2008
    They don't influence my opinion, but it is nice to see what other people think.
  • NunesNunes December 2008
    The only influence those polls really seem to have is to make people concerned about the things they are being polled about. When you understand them as a tool used by the media to generate controversy, a horse-race narrative, or other ratings winning nonsense they lose a lot of their power to make you care.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership