• stealth_3lfstealth_3lf December 2008
    Alrighty, now that there is a release date and it's soon i think we should re roll out the guild roster do a check to see who's still interested and settle on the starting races

I think general consensus for the guild/clan name was Forbidden Donut.

• xemplarxemplar December 2008
    Saying that people can only be 1 race may cause some problems...I would say stay within a certain 3 or so...What those 3 races are, I have no idea. image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton December 2008
    QUOTE (xemplar @ Dec 28 2008, 02:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Saying that people can only be 1 race may cause some problems...I would say stay within a certain 3 or so...What those 3 races are, I have no idea. image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

That mattered more before. Originally, the guards of a city would attack based on race. So if you were a Dwarven clan with a Mahirim clan mate, the Mahirim wouldn't be able to get into the city because the guards would kill him.
  • stealth_3lfstealth_3lf December 2008
    QUOTE (xemplar @ Dec 28 2008, 02:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sorry about not being more specific i do know that narrowing it down to one isn't going to work but narrowing it to at least allied races would definitely be preferable

in the last thread we had such a wide variety of race selections that it would probably hinder a smooth launch

slap me if that didn't make sense image/mellow.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":mellow:" border="0" alt="mellow.gif" />
    "It is possible to form mixed-race clans of opposing factions, but this choice comes with some disadvantages: NPCs will always behave according to their racial faction, and will thus react with hostility to racial enemies even if accompanied by and/or allied with friendly races. A recent developer journal has indicated however that the NPCs of cities built by an all-race clan will not attack members of the owning clan, regardless of race."

Though many of us have chosen different races, it seems it would be better to narrow it down to 3, at least. I was thinking Dwarves, Humans, and Mirdain.
  • carto0ncarto0n December 2008
    QUOTE (xemplar @ Dec 29 2008, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    "It is possible to form mixed-race clans of opposing factions, but this choice comes with some disadvantages: NPCs will always behave according to their racial faction, and will thus react with hostility to racial enemies even if accompanied by and/or allied with friendly races. A recent developer journal has indicated however that the NPCs of cities built by an all-race clan will not attack members of the owning clan, regardless of race."

Though many of us have chosen different races, it seems it would be better to narrow it down to 3, at least. I was thinking Dwarves, Humans, and Mirdain.

for once, i think we agree.

im planning on going dwarf
    I will most likely go Mirdain. I don't know why, but I like elves. image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • azn+mikeazn mike December 2008
    QUOTE (xemplar @ Dec 29 2008, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I will most likely go Mirdain. I don't know why, but I like elves. image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Me too, me too.

Edit:

Mirdain (if I read it right) I want to be part of the Circle of the Druids.

Now I just need to find the class button, or am I thinking this the wrong way image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • BrianBrian December 2008
    Still no idea what I want to go with yet, but I'm sure I'll roll with whatever the guild chooses.
  • redboneredbone January 2009
    QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 30 2008, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Still no idea what I want to go with yet, but I'm sure I'll roll with whatever the guild chooses.

+1

I haven't shown much interest in this before, but after reading into it, I think I'm going to be putting whatever gaming time I have into this.

Just fyi, if you guys are going to need craftsmen/builders, I'll do it.
  • PheylanPheylan January 2009
    I might jump in for a couple of weeks, but I doubt the Navy will let me put much time into it after that. I'd love to play. I just don't think I'll the time or the ability to do so, and definitely not for the 3 months of OCS.
  • IrnIrn January 2009
    Still interested, and following updates. I agree with dwarf/human/elf alliance suggestion. Personally I think I'm rolling dwarf as well.
  • stealth_3lfstealth_3lf January 2009
    im planning on mirdain myself

hmm after posting that i wonder if that may of been obvious by my name... but yes
  • azn+mikeazn mike January 2009
    Is this game out in the US yet? image/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />
  • stealth_3lfstealth_3lf January 2009
    i know, i just want it to be out now... but i also know it may be detrimental to my work life O_O
  • azn+mikeazn mike January 2009
    QUOTE (stealth_3lf @ Jan 11 2009, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    i know, i just want it to be out now... but i also know it may be detrimental to my work life O_O

And to my graduate research o_O
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership