Franken wins
  • NunesNunes January 2009
    Clicky.

I think Coleman is going to try a lawsuit. At least that's the beat on the street. Glad the PotUS election didn't last this fuckin' long.
  • GovernorGovernor January 2009
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Jan 5 2009, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Clicky.

I think Coleman is going to try a lawsuit. At least that's the beat on the street. Glad the PotUS election didn't last this fuckin' long.

I do hope that Coleman files a lawsuit. The margin is just so small, so I don't see a problem with one more close examination.
  • MagicMagic January 2009
    "If I put myself on the ballot and even 50 people voted for me, it'd be a travesty."
    -- Franken interview with the Oregonian, Feb. 22, 1999

"I'm a very indecisive person. I'd be a terrible politician."
    -- Sylvia Rubin, "A Franken Honest Discussion," San Francisco Chronicle, January 18, 1999

"I tried to explain to people that I'd be terrible because of the pressure. I'm very indecisive, as it is, in my own life and the idea of making decisions for other people that affect their lives, I would be crushed by the stress."
    -- John McKay, "I Am Not A Political Satirist Al Franken Has Fun With Politics, But Only As An Observer," London Free Press, May 22, 1999

"It's just that I don't know if I'd be very good at being a public official."
    -- "Al Franken: The Rakish Interview," The Rake, October 2003

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,470892,00.html

If my state elects this dimwit it'll be the second most embarassing moment in MN's political history (1st being electing Jesse "The Body" Ventura).
  • GovernorGovernor January 2009
    QUOTE (Magic @ Jan 5 2009, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    "If I put myself on the ballot and even 50 people voted for me, it'd be a travesty."

-- Sylvia Rubin, "A Franken Honest Discussion," San Francisco Chronicle, January 18, 1999

"I tried to explain to people that I'd be terrible because of the pressure. I'm very indecisive, as it is, in my own life and the idea of making decisions for other people that affect their lives, I would be crushed by the stress."
    -- John McKay, "I Am Not A Political Satirist Al Franken Has Fun With Politics, But Only As An Observer," London Free Press, May 22, 1999

If my state elects this dimwit it'll be the second most embarassing moment in MN's political history (1st being electing Jesse "The Body" Ventura).

I do believe he will be elected, sorry buddy.
  • BillBill January 2009

Shit, I'd much rather an indecisive elected official than one who constantly makes the wrong decisions. I wish Bush had been a little more indecisive.
  • NunesNunes January 2009

wiki:
    Ventura vetoed a bill to require recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance in public schools, saying:

"I believe patriotism comes from the heart. Patriotism is voluntary. It is a feeling of loyalty and allegiance that is the result of knowledge and belief. A patriot shows their patriotism through their actions, by their choice. No law will make a citizen a patriot".
    yeah. That guy's an idiot... (that story shows up as a "controversy" in his wiki.)

I think you mean to say that if your state elects Franken it'll be the second most embarrassing moment for Norm Coleman. The first being his loss to "The Governing Body" which has, of course, completely and permanently crippled Minnesota. Coleman peaked early, when he brought hockey back to MN as a Mayor.

As for the quotes from Frankly Franken, you can go ahead and hold things a political satirist said 5-10 years before his current run for office against him if you like. How about Coleman saying in '93 that he's a lifelong democrat, and isn't interested in going past mayor of St. Paul, then running for governor on a pro-life, anti-gay, drill-in-anwr platform, losing and then getting told by Bush and Rove to run for Senate instead? That guy's better?
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership