Dual Monitor Question
  • TrueBelieverTrueBeliever January 2009
    Is there a way to run games (mainly concerned with CS) in a full screen on just one monitor? I know in some games you can run it in window mode than have an option to do that, but I don't think CS has that option.
  • ScabdatesScabdates January 2009
    Do you mean so that you can be able to actively do things on the other monitor without minimization?
    QUOTE (Scabdates @ Jan 6 2009, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Do you mean so that you can be able to actively do things on the other monitor without minimization?

ya you got it =P
  • dandan January 2009
    You'd need to run in windowed mode. At least, that's how it works for every game I've tried.

-dan
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf January 2009
    I think it depends on the vid card. I recall being able to play cs on one and the other be available for other things. Cannot recall how to shift from one screen to the other when running a full screen game. Each monitor did operate independently though. Of course I did not run dual for long. Also I am old and my memory could be failing me.
    ya thats what I noticed hexen, thanks

I was thinking about getting a second monitor but that discouraged me, so I will wait till the summer to get my second monitor =P
  • NunesNunes January 2009
  • jkarate212jkarate212 January 2009
    What if I use my ring finger?
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf January 2009
    RING RING RING RING BANANA PHONE!
  • ScabdatesScabdates January 2009
    I'm under the impression that it's a lot of NVIDIA cards that have this problem, maybe ATI works better?
    The thing, is what is the purpose to have two monitors and alt tab out if you can do that anyway with one monitor? to me there isn't much of a purpose in that situation. What I would of liked to do is when I died go to the other monitor and browse the web or whatever and when I notice the round is over go straight back to the game, but alt tabbing just ruins that now doesn't it because alt tabbing will not allow you to see what is happening in the game.
  • coffeecoffee January 2009
    why don't you just set it to run in a window, set the window size as large as your resolution. basically full screen without minimize when you alt tab.
  • waterxm04waterxm04 January 2009
    QUOTE (Zer0^ @ Jan 8 2009, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    What if I use my ring finger?

QFT, Pic doesn't deliver
  • cutchinscutchins January 2009
    QUOTE (True Believer @ Jan 6 2009, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Is there a way to run games (mainly concerned with CS) in a full screen on just one monitor? I know in some games you can run it in window mode than have an option to do that, but I don't think CS has that option.

Within CS --> Options -> Video -> Check off the box that says "Run in a window" -> Click Okay.

Done.

You're all retards.
  • dandan January 2009
    QUOTE (CJ. @ Jan 14 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Within CS --> Options -> Video -> Check off the box that says "Run in a window" -> Click Okay.

Done.

You're all retards.

image/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

-dan

p.s.

QUOTE (dan @ Jan 6 2009, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    You'd need to run in windowed mode. At least, that's how it works for every game I've tried.

-dan

QUOTE (coffee @ Jan 9 2009, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    why don't you just set it to run in a window, set the window size as large as your resolution. basically full screen without minimize when you alt tab.

I demand that you change your post to reflect the fact that coffee and I are not retards. Thanks.

p.p.s. Why'd you lose the 'fro?
  • cutchinscutchins January 2009
    i figured i'd see how it feels to look like a human being for a while
  • ErlingErling January 2009
    get that effin hair back on there
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership