Trust me it was funny
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf January 2009
    Okay, got a phone call at approximately 4:30 p.m. today. There was a MAJOR problem at one of the facilities we do work at. We have had a great deal of rain lately, the river next to the facility is up by approximately 12 feet. This facility has several large liquid storage tanks for holding asphalt and other tar products. One of the larger tanks (I guess about 750,000 gallons) is empty. The area is surrounded by dikes. I think someone left a drain valve open or just all the rain flooded the dike area that contains the empty tank.

It is interesting to see something that large FLOATING! It is attached to pipes and pumps that kept it in the general area that it is supposed to be, however the farthest point from the pipes had drifted approximately 12 to 15 feet from where it was supposed to be. We brought in a track-hoe to move the tank back into position. Two of us put on chest waders to go out and connect the track-hoe to the tank with a cable. Everything goes fine, we get the tank pulled back into place as best we can and I go to inspect the placement of the bottom of the tank (with my foot, the water is over waist deep).

I make it most of the way around the tank, almost to my starting point and of course it happens. I step into a rut or hole and lose my balance. The only part of me that remained dry was for some inexplicable reason my hair. So I guess it was not complete immersion but I got quite wet. Oh did I mention that the temperature was approx. 39 degrees Fahrenheit? And that the water was colder?

Everyone including myself had a good laugh. The highest score I received was an 9 from one person. The others felt it only rated an 8.5 because my hair did not get wet.

I am going to finish off my shot (large) of Makers Mark and relax a bit.

• azn+mikeazn mike January 2009
    Lol hex hahaha.

That tells you to be more careful old man image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • Awesomeness. I'd pay a lot to see you in a wet t shirt hex! Wink wink noosh noosh!
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership