New Website, "Big Hollywood"
  • EvestayEvestay January 2009
    So Andrew Breitbart has created a new blog for "dissenters" in Hollywood and I really wanted to share one of his posts.
    http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/breitbar...ties-after-911/
    Many of the celebrities that were central to demonizing and making life impossible for President Bush for eight loathsome years NOW want to help with the heavy lifting of bringing America back together under President Barack Obama.

Witness Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher’s cavalcade of shiny, happy situational patriots appearing in a derivative public servitude announcement: A “Presidential Pledge” to President Barack Obama.

Forgive and forget? Right.

President Bush was not holding back Moore from “free[ing] one million people from slavery in the next five years.” Nor was he holding back the Obama-biquitous Will.I.Am from “chang[ing] how [he] live[s].” Ditto: Aaron Ekhart (”To be a better person,”) Marisa Tomei (”To integrate into my heart what I already know in my head which is that we are all in this together,”) Kutcher (”To the abolition to 21st century slavery,”) Anthony Kiedis (”To be of service to Barack Obama,”) P. Diddy (” pledge to turn the lights off, cause I used to leave the lights on but we want to conserve energy so I’ma turn the lights off, you turn the lights off,) and all-in-unison (”Because together we can, together we are, and together we will be the change that we seek.”)

Missing are pledges not to kiss the ring of Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez and other pledged enemies of America. Nor are there pledges not to make movies that glorify these tyrants. Nor are there pledges to take seriously that we are at war, will continue to be at war under President Obama and that our precious and under-appreciated military is fighting an avowed and evil enemy — so that, among other things, Hollywood can continue to make decadent crap that actually motivates our enemy to fight us harder!

Twenty years ago AIDS was the number one cause for the Hollywood left. Remember the trendy red ribbons at all the self-aggrandizing awards shows? Hollywood has moved on (dot org) to better blame-your-fellow-American causes. But President Bush didn’t. And aside from Bob Geldof and Bono , they ignore this president’s demonstrable goodness .

Amazing that Geldof and Bono could valiantly fight their battles and serve humanity without being paralyzed by the Leader of the Free World 2000-2008’s all-encompassing awfulness.

Remember this video: It is a instructive relic of the era of celebrity decadence and boutique anti-Republican activism under President Bush. It is a sickening display that they want fast and easy absolution for having comported themselves like ill-behaved children for eight difficult and war-torn years.

Good luck, President Obama. The rest of you can go to hell.
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton January 2009
    Is there a major point that I'm missing or did this guy just realize that most celebrities are fickle?
  • NunesNunes January 2009
    P Diddy is a cartoon...
    ”Pledge to turn the lights off, cause I used to leave the lights on but we want to conserve energy so I’ma turn the lights off, you turn the lights off."

Also no. He's just still ragging on it. Apparently since the people didn't like this president, and the celebrities also didn't like the president, and now the celebrities like this president, and the people also like this president, there is a distinct possibility of a correlation. This guy's goal seems to be making it hip to do the opposite of what celebrities do by pointing out that they are fickle. Which has always been the case.

My equally retarded theory is that since celebrities are fickle, and celebrities are well loved, and Bush stuck to his guns and Bush is disliked that people only like fickle people. This means... something.

And fuck this guy. The odds of me being in danger of kissing the ring of Fidel Castro are pretty slim. And if it came to death or kiss the ring it's kiss the ring, buddy. I have a chance to turn the lights off 40 or 50 times a week. Way to miss the point completely. I bet this asshat HATED the 90's with all that R-E-C-Y-C-L-E bullshit and the C-O-N-S-E-R-V-E shenanigans.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership