Yearly update!
  • mungomungo February 2009
    What is everyone doing? What is everyone up to? How is school? How is work?

I'm still working for Barclays Capital -- made the 'final' transition from Lehman Brothers, but who knows if final means final and not 'we'll keep making cuts every other month like every other bank.' I'm still dating the same girl, been going on for about a year and a half now.

Work is long -- 6:15-7:00 on a regular day. I still try going to the gym 4-5 nights a week but it's getting a little rough making it on a regular basis.

Anyways, enough about me. How about you?
  • MagicMagic February 2009
    Holy shit I'm 25.

I'm still at KPMG, been there about 2 years now. I'm in the Advisory practice there, meaning I audit companies and try to help them improve their operations at a process level (not financial, so don't blame financial messes on me). After my most recent review it sounds like I'll be promoted to Senior in the Spring/Summer. Right now is our slow time as companies prepare/finalize their audit plans for the year, but during the rest of the year it's extremely busy and full of travel.

Work is pretty much my life. Have messed around with a girl here and there -- but nothing ever serious develops. I live in a townhouse with a few "buddies" I've known since high school (although they're still pissed about the DD incidient). Up until now I've always lived alone, so it's nice to save on rent each month, but we're all starting to get on each others nerves.

• coffeecoffee February 2009
    I am working for Chevron subsurface group in the Oil Sands. We are awaiting a decision from the bosses whether or not our project gets greenlighted or put on hold because of economic uncertainties. But we are optimistic and are working with the facilities group on planning horizontal well locations and wellpads.

I am trying to stop smoking and start doing cardio again. I still do weights a few times a week. This is day 2.

I am buying a starter home in the next 1-2 months while prices are down.

I have been e-dating redbone for the last 4 months. He will not admit to this. Our secret had to come out sooner or later, baby
  • azn+mikeazn mike February 2009
    I'm in graduate school still. Still trucking at that. On my second semester and I'm also teaching a lab (Mycology, Parasitology, and Virology) and taking Waterborne diseases and Public Health. My research is based on two things. Following and optimizing a method to detect bacteria that causes shellfish poisoning in raw oyster homogenate and also using this method to compare between depuration and relaying of oysters. These two methods are used to reduce the amount of bacterial load in oysters but one way is more effective than the other (relaying is more effective theoretically). If my qPCR (the method I'm trying to optimize) detects less presence of harmful bacteria in either depuration or relaying then that can be used in commercial shellfish companies to sell less harmful oysters to the consumers (long sentence, Dan you can kiss my ass).

I like this girl, Erica, for quite some time now, however she and I have been good friends for a lonnnnnggg time so I dunno how that's going to go. She also recently broke up with her boyfriend of 2-3 years (I think), so I dunno how willing she'll be up to for dating someone. But since I suck at life, I might just be friendzoned, which is ok too I guess considering she's a cute girl and fun person to hang out with o_O.

That's my life so far. Research, Teach, Play some TF2, and Research.
  • KPKP February 2009
    I am
  • AlfyAlfy February 2009
    Me too
  • azn+mikeazn mike February 2009
    you two both suck.
  • jkarate212jkarate212 February 2009
    I'm Jake

I live over here. I work over there. I go to school that way -->
  • jimmah7jimmah7 February 2009
    cogito ergo sum?
  • xemplarxemplar February 2009
    I'm a senior in HS...I still work at Wal-Mart, this being my second year...uhh...and I have no idea what I want to do when I graduate...I still have no luck with the girls!...I had a chance, but she used me to get back to her old boyfriend.../sigh
  • KPKP February 2009
    QUOTE (xemplar @ Feb 12 2009, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I'm a senior in HS...I still work at Wal-Mart, this being my second year...uhh...and I have no idea what I want to do when I graduate...I still have no luck with the girls!...I had a chance, but she used me to get back to her old boyfriend.../sigh

Used you to get back TO her old boyfriend? Or AT her old boyfriend.

I would like to know how the first example works. Do you equate giving a girl a ride to someones house a "chance"?
  • fratersangfratersang February 2009
    About to turn 25, should be done with my degree at the end of summer (instead of December as predicted!)

Still working IT at my University, but I do web design for another department now as well.

Still looking to move east coast when I'm done but I'll be here for a bit longer in the mean time. Living in a new Apartment with the same roommate as last year. Its a 2 bedroom loft so we have a ton of space.

Still with the same girlfriend that I started dating over a year ago.
  • ScabdatesScabdates February 2009
    Still taking classes at the local high school as a Sophomore. Still playing guitar. Still losing my phone at Slipknot/Coheed concert(s). Still playing Counter-Strike.
  • redboneredbone February 2009
    Damnit coffee, I guess now that its out in the open I have to give you a valentines day present:

8========================D ~~~ ()() <-- my butt cheeks

I'm in my 3rd year of bachelors of design at UF which means i'm studying to be an architect. I've been going out with my gf for getting close to a year now. School/gf are the primary factors in my life, but I still make sure I have time for playing video games. More WoW than anything else lately, but I still hop on CS every once in while. I'm still excited for darkfall, whenever the hell that game is going to come out.
    QUOTE (KarmaPolice @ Feb 13 2009, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Used you to get back TO her old boyfriend? Or AT her old boyfriend.

I would like to know how the first example works. Do you equate giving a girl a ride to someones house a "chance"?

get back to. :/
  • ScabdatesScabdates February 2009
    QUOTE (xemplar @ Feb 14 2009, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    get back to. :/

we'll need some clarification on this mystical process
  • coffeecoffee February 2009
    QUOTE (Scabdates @ Feb 14 2009, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Still taking classes at the local high school as a Sophomore. Still playing guitar. Still losing my phone at Slipknot/Coheed concert(s). Still playing Counter-Strike.

still rock your khakis with a cuff and a crease
    QUOTE (Scabdates @ Feb 14 2009, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    we'll need some clarification on this mystical process

how so? I stated that a girl, who i liked, fooled me into thinking she liked me and thereby dumping me and going back to her old boyfriend who came back to her...........
  • QUOTE (coffee @ Feb 15 2009, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    still rock your khakis with a cuff and a crease

You are not your fucking khakis.
  • NunesNunes February 2009
    QUOTE (xemplar @ Feb 15 2009, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    how so? I stated that a girl, who i liked, fooled me into thinking she liked me and thereby dumping me and going back to her old boyfriend who came back to her...........

1. Find guy who likes me
    2. Dump guy who likes me
    3. ...
    4. Date the last guy I dumped again.

yep.

sounds like high school to me.
  • BlackLightBlackLight February 2009
    In college for two more! woooo go trojans
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Feb 16 2009, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    1. Find guy who likes me
    2. Dump guy who likes me
    3. ...
    4. Date the last guy I dumped again.

yep.

sounds like high school to me.

sadly, it is. :/...haha
  • NunesNunes February 2009
    No worries. Soon enough you'll find that college is the same with more drug abuse, and work is the same with less swearing. I'm sure retirement's right up there too with possibly even less sex and more incontinence.
  • BlueBoxBobBlueBoxBob February 2009
    I'm 19 and this is my last semester of College in Natural Sciences (Health Department). Next year, I am going to work and maybe go in Australia or somewhere along those lines. Then I'll have to find a damn field of study and go to University !

I am still working in a IGA as a packer, been 2 years and a half, painful.

I recently got a girlfriend so I have been with her a lot and the rest of the time it's homework or watching series.
  • carto0ncarto0n February 2009
    still working....spend the evenings rolling around in my millions like scrooge mcduck.
  • maliskmalisk February 2009
    Still in college for computer information systems. should finish in about a year possibly a little longer.

And not to be a downer but my girlfriend of three years (who i was planning on asking to marry me) decided to get a 42 year old sugar daddy who pays her 7K a month (plus paying her $1,500 a month in rent and buying her a car) to be his sex slave...so we're just friends now (BTW, if you're girlfriend of two years ever tells you shes going to start stripping and you're thinking of being supportive of her wants and think of allowing it, save yourself the pain and tell her to fuck off).

Life's wonderful image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />.
  • ErlingErling March 2009
    QUOTE (cartoon. @ Feb 28 2009, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    still working....spend the evenings rolling around in my millions like scrooge mcduck.

Hahaha.

WTB less snow.
  • azn+mikeazn mike March 2009
    Sooooo I just highlighted my hair with caramel brown lol
  • ScabdatesScabdates March 2009
    lol fag
  • carto0ncarto0n March 2009
    QUOTE (Jong @ Mar 2 2009, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Sooooo I just highlighted my hair with caramel brown lol

i hope it catches on fire.
    Oooh god I'm burning! I'm burning!

Not my fault that the asian population envies the American hair colors...=/
  • NunesNunes March 2009
    QUOTE (Jong @ Mar 3 2009, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Oooh god I'm burning! I'm burning!

Not my fault that the asian population envies the American hair colors...=/

I'll withhold judgment until I see it, but I predict that it looks more or less like it does on most Asians. A little out of place but slightly less douchy than when guidos do it.

edit: ok... a lot less douchy
    It's very subtle really you can't notice it unless I tell you hahaha.
  • NunesNunes March 2009
    I just hate seeing an Asian guy with hair that he thought he just lightened from "jet black" to "dark brown" which really just turned out "bright red".
  • coffeecoffee March 2009
    I hate dyed hair but i'm a sucker for girls with pink hair

also, black hair is the shit, why would you ever want to dye it :[
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership