• Make me good at DotA

that is all.
  • GmnotutooGmnotutoo October 2007
    I will do it. Dan is teh sux. We only play with him cause he hosts.
  • romerashromerash October 2007
    PLAY THE GAME MORE!!!!

/capsLock
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton October 2007
    QUOTE (Gmnotutoo @ Oct 26 2007, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I will do it. Dan is teh sux. We only play with him cause he hosts.

Tru
  • azn+mikeazn mike October 2007
    QUOTE (Aussie Witch @ Oct 26 2007, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Make me good at DotA

that is all.

YAY MY AUSSIE IS GONNA PLAY!!! <3 <3 <3
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton October 2007
    Lesson 1: Don't Die

Thats it. If you don't die, you have already accomplished a great feat in DotA.
  • azn+mikeazn mike October 2007
    Target to finish.
  • StriveckStriveck December 2007
    VAG IN TEH HUZE DAWG!!
  • dandan December 2007
    That's a lie.

-dan
    why do u always put ur name at the end of your comments dan!?!?

-STRIVECK R COOL LOL
    OIH BTWAY I HOP U DUNT MINDED MI BAAD GRAMAR LOL SRY

-STRIVECK LOL
  • LethaLLethaL December 2007
    i guess dan does it because he can and don't worrya bout your grammar we've seen worst
  • romerashromerash December 2007
    worse*
  • MagicMagic December 2007
    QUOTE (LethaL @ Dec 28 2007, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I guess dan does it because he can. Don't worry about your grammar. Oh and we've all seen you bratwurst.
  • BillBill December 2007
    QUOTE (Striveck @ Dec 28 2007, 02:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

-STRIVECK LOL

Until I read this thread, I really didn't know why people were trying to ban this guy... Now I do, I'd almost rather see him banned than xemp. The amazing thing is he felt the need to EDIT these posts... What the fuck needs fixing? They're retarded. It is the need to edit retardation that makes me think maybe a ban is in order.

Edit: I can definatly make you good at other things than dota though Nicole, if you want the practice or whatever. image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
  • Black+BalloonBlack Balloon December 2007
    QUOTE (Striveck @ Dec 27 2007, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    why do u always put ur name at the end of your comments dan!?!?

-STRIVECK R COOL LOL

QUOTE (Striveck @ Dec 27 2007, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

-STRIVECK LOL

• GovernorGovernor December 2007
    D...o...t...a...?
  • dandan December 2007
    You should play dota with us again court. It's just not the same without you yelling randomly into the mic.

-dan
  • azn+mikeazn mike December 2007
    TARGET TO FINISH DAMN IT!
    I'm thinking about reinstalling Frozen Throne and joining in. What're your account names? (Vent info would be nice, too.)
  • GovernorGovernor December 2007
    fd.nationvoice.com
    port 3938

My name on bnet is Govnah.
    Much obliged, Gov.

Edit: New account created. Black_Balloon.
  • romerashromerash December 2007
    add me, i'll invite you to clan when i get on (probably not tonight)
  • dandan December 2007
    Mine's fd.dan, I hope you're not as bad as Jedd at DotA!

-dan
    I've only played the game twice ever. Luckily both were complete games and I won each of them, but I'm not up-to-date with map versions, strategies, or the like. My only advantages are being generally good at RTS games, and thinking and learning quickly. I dunno how good you guys are, but you're almost certainly better than me, so figuring the game out shouldn't be difficult.
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton January 2008
    Well... he's probably better than me already. I can't target to finish...
  • dandan January 2008
    Well, at least you have RTS experience, getting you up-to-date shouldn't be that difficult.

-dan
  • GovernorGovernor January 2008
    It helps that we suck a lot.
  • TrueBelieverTrueBeliever January 2008
    QUOTE (dan @ Jan 1 2008, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Well, at least you have RTS experience, getting you up-to-date shouldn't be that difficult.

-dan

At least, you'll know how to move the character.

edit: this is Jedd btw.
  • Black+BalloonBlack Balloon January 2008
    QUOTE (dan @ Jan 1 2008, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

-dan

Yes, just a little.

I've spent most of my waking life playing RTS games. I think I can handle learning dota.
  • GmnotutooGmnotutoo January 2008
    dagon is the best item ever, always get it.
    How about you explain the game on a basic level first?
  • romerashromerash January 2008
    ok
    1) basically you watch jason
    2) DONT follow anything he does because he never does anything right
    3) .....
    4) profit
    Done.
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton January 2008
    You may need to create an account, but here are some useful links:

http://forums.dota-allstars.com/index.php?showtopic=33799 (will need an account to view, it's free)
    http://www.dota-allstars.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
    Alright, thanks. I looked over some of it and created an account, but what I really wanna do is get a game going to create a basis for instruction.
    If you want to practice, download their AI map. It allows you to play against computers in single player. It is a good way to give yourself some practice with itemization and such, but I don't recommend doing it as a means to learn player strategy or anything.
    just saw this post :/

AI map is good if YOU play with them, other than that it's a hell to play 1v1 when you just start since easy comps last hit and deny, making it hell
    Well, I'd like to think I'm getting a little better, just playing with people.
  • dandan January 2008
    Balloon had a wicked sick streak last night. It was awesome.

-dan
    Even matt can get a wicked streak...with sniper...
  • dandan January 2008
    He was axe. He had the whole taunt -> proc helix 20 times in 3 seconds -> culling blade combo down to an art.

-dan
    Late-game STR hero in the hands of a late-game player. It worked pretty well. Sniper in the following round was fun too. Those were some good games; too bad when I had sniper the opposing team was full of god damn kids.
  • dandan January 2008
    Axe is early/mid, but close enough image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

-dan
    I completely disagree given the nature of his ult and stat growths.
    There are plenty of heroes that do upwards of 625 damage a hit at level 25 (a few that can hit a lot harder, actually), and that doesn't rely on mana to do it and it is continuous, so your culling blade isn't anything special. Casting a spell also takes longer than your average attack speed, especially at endgame.

Battle hunger is worthless endgame as well since most people can or nearly can one hit any creeps they see, so it puts them in very little danger to do so. Plus, most endgame heroes are strength so they probably will have enough regen to counter-balance any dot that is put on them.

Counter Helix is OK as well, but 175 damage every 6th hit or so isn't really that much compared to the damage that endgame heroes will be able to output.

Beserker call is great as well, but in order to survive five heroes pounding on you at level 25, you would need a lot more than just your beserker call in the way of tanking gear. Unfortunately, that would mean gimping your damage which would further put you behind in endgame.

Axe's strength as a hero is his ability to absolutely dominate heroes from level 6 to level 16 so that they are gimped with levels and money so he isn't facing as strong of heroes in endgame. If he fails to do that, he's going to have a hard time endgame.
    Note the difference between end game and carry

str heroes are mainly "end game" but not carry, 5 str heroes might lose to 3 geared agi heroes
    The thing is his damage and hp potential spiking later on. Those INT heroes just can't stand up to it in late-game, where early game I was getting harassed endlessly by Puck. As the game dragged on, the helix procs and my affinity towards quick, reckless attacks merged incredibly well with the instant-kill potential of Culling Blade at level 16. Couple strong, fast hits, maybe aided by a helix, and then BAM, you're fuckin dead. You just can't DO that until later.

Or I can't. Thus the comment about myself as a late-game player. Either way I think my style applies a lot more than the nature of the hero I use; I have a tendency to do really well if the game continues for a long time.
    You're absolutely correct, but I think you're mistaking strength hero with "end game" hero. Strength heroes are inherently tougher as the game carries on because their strength lies within their ability to increase their damage and health simultaneously (no pun intended). The end result is nearly any strength hero (especially one that is built for tanking) being able to counter the spell-based builds of int heroes that dominate early game.

And end game hero often is a strength hero, but necessarily always. Most of these heroes will not rely heavily on casting spells and will instead be characterized by high white-damage (normal attack) potential and spells/abilities that help them stay alive early game and increase damage output by boosting the power of their normal attacks instead of simply hitting the enemies for a specific amount.
    I said he was a STR hero who happened to be good late-game, for the reasons you stated. I never said he was a late-game hero because STR was his primary stat.

I mean no offense at all, but I seem to get mistaken a lot on these forums because some individuals infer a phrase as mean something else entirely.

Or in Bill's case, missing the whole damn point and acting haughty about it.

Back on track, this is really just how I'm classifying a single character based on my play style. I'm more than willing to defer to any of you on the matter of DotA, as I acknowledge your experience with the game is far greater than my own.
  • BillBill January 2008
    QUOTE (Black Balloon @ Jan 10 2008, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Or in Bill's case, missing the whole damn point and acting haughty about it.

So we're taking this to different threads now? Brilliant.

Edit: Oh you're 17.. Everything makes a lot more sense now.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership