In Game
  • IrnIrn March 2009
    Yep, as Jammy stated, I do have the game, and I do NOT have to work today, THANK GOD! Anyway, if anyone else has an account and is playing, hit me up in game, names "Irn PwnStar". Games fuckin sweet so far imo.
  • BrianBrian March 2009
    Worst MMO name ever.

So wait, is FD overall waiting for NA servers?
  • AlfyAlfy March 2009
    I am...
  • GovernorGovernor March 2009
    I am as well.
  • xemplarxemplar March 2009
    I am. image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
  • JAmmYJAmmY March 2009
    QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 2 2009, 08:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Worst MMO name ever.

So wait, is FD overall waiting for NA servers?

I don't care if it is MMO or not...

Pwnstar is absolutely gay.

I told him that.

Anyways, if you want it meow don't be scurred, the ping isn't bad at all. For meow I'll just play Ian's game.
  • stealth_3lfstealth_3lf March 2009
    im waiting for NA
  • redboneredbone March 2009
    I wanna play too
  • IrnIrn March 2009
    Yeah thanks jeremy and other dude. I do what i can to be absolutely flaming at every possible moment... image/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" /> Anyways... Yeah, I actually re-rolled yesterday as Irnicus DoomCaller. Call it gay, whatever u wanna do, idc. If anyone does decide to play, let me know! i ended up rolling as mirdain (elf) due to the fact that I want to be a primary caster, and dwarves are somewhat gimp casters comparatively.

And as Jammy said, the ping is actually very good. I'm getting between 100-150 pretty much all the time. lag is not an issue, there are rare occasions where a mob will bug out and look like its lagging, but i think that's just buggin, not due to lag. Game is very fun, hope to have some more people to play with... I joined some random guild in the meantime waiting for ya'all to join in... and it's really kinda lame... sooooo... COME RESCUE ME! haha. peace.
  • carto0ncarto0n March 2009
    i am waiting for NA as well.
  • azn+mikeazn mike March 2009
    I hope I have money to spend when this comes out lol
  • JAmmYJAmmY March 2009
    QUOTE (Irn @ Mar 3 2009, 01:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Irnicus DoomCaller

Fucking gay. Remind me to tell you later.
  • BrianBrian March 2009
    Ok good. I'll be waiting for the NA release for now as well. For meow I will stick to WoW.
  • azn+mikeazn mike March 2009
    It's been 22 days. What are your thoughts still?
  • JAmmYJAmmY March 2009
    QUOTE (Jong @ Mar 26 2009, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    It's been 22 days. What are your thoughts still?

If he ever stops playing, I'm sure he'd be glad to answer that.

I'm going to destroy it, along with WoW meow. EVIL!
  • BrianBrian March 2009
    I switched over from WoW. I'm playing LotRO meow.

Everything I see and hear about Darkfall is not looking promising. I doubt I will buy it. Certainly not at release.
  • IrnIrn March 2009
    The game is very good. By far the most stable and well polished mmo at release I've seen. *With that said, it still needs a lot of polish and touching up* But as a new mmo, I am very impressed at how well it is going so fresh off the press. The community in game is very hardcore. It's not for the light of heart. It takes a while to come to grips that you will die, and you will lose everything you have. Frequently. Once you can come to terms with that fact the game becomes very fun. For anyone who expects this to be a grind free game - unfortunately you will be disappointed. It requires huge grinds. Grinding resources is just hundreds of clicks over and over. In order to compete in pvp combat you had better grind your weapon skills. Magic is a literally endless grind. For me personally it doesn't really bother me, I don't mind grinds that much. For others I know it will be an enormous turn off. The game as of now is NOT a solo game. You definitely need a group of 3+ at any point that you want to pvp or even pve successfully. This is fairly disappointing to me, as I like to feel I can be productive on my own when I'm on at off times. Hmm... anything else I can answer I'd love to do so... Let me know if you have specific questions. As for my character at the moment, I am focusing on magic. I am grinding towards the Necromancy tree, which is a very very VERY large project... It will likely take a number of months to even reach. I have taken up enchanting and jewelsmithing as professions. Enchanting is very very difficult as of now. Anyway, as I said, feel free to ask if you have more questions.
  • BrianBrian March 2009
    That post essentially turned me off even more.
  • BillBill March 2009
    QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 29 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    That post essentially turned me off even more.

QFE. Long term grinds are about as much fun as slamming one's dick in the door repeatedly.
  • AlfyAlfy March 2009
    I got sick of 2Moons for that reason. I won't do the grind core thing again.

Wow seems to be like it is pretty decent, if you get bored, or sick of leveling/questing, there is plenty to do.
  • BrianBrian March 2009
    The problem with WoW is the endgame in my opinion. The game is very gear centric, which is fun when you're upgrading your gear all the time.

When you get to the end game, the whole game becomes spending 4 hours on raiding in order to maybe get one piece of gear. I quit with Bip in 4/5 Tier 7.5 and all raids completed. After that, there wasn't a whole hell of a lot to do.
  • GovernorGovernor March 2009
    That is also my problem with WoW. In my experience, you had to spend at least twice as much time (probably more like 10x) getting gear in order to compete as you actually were PvPing, or you needed to PvP for an unheard of amount of hours every week in order to gain gear that way.

I've been told that it is easier to get gear nowadays, but I can't imagine it being much better than a 1:1 ratio, but I even find that ratio appalling.
  • AlfyAlfy March 2009
    QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 30 2009, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The problem with WoW is the endgame in my opinion. The game is very gear centric, which is fun when you're upgrading your gear all the time.

When you get to the end game, the whole game becomes spending 4 hours on raiding in order to maybe get one piece of gear. I quit with Bip in 4/5 Tier 7.5 and all raids completed. After that, there wasn't a whole hell of a lot to do.

Yea, after I runs the heroics with my DK, it is back to getting my Warrior to 80, then the Pally. After that, I am going to try my hand at Alliance.
  • intensiveintensive April 2009
    I'm playing.

Arcrilius Vorodorous
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership