LanBQ Venues
  • GovernorGovernor March 2009
    I'm currently exploring LanBQ venue options. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!
  • PhilPhil March 2009
    QUOTE (Governor @ Mar 24 2009, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I'm currently exploring LanBQ venue options. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!

Preemptive post:

I'm checking dates for the beach house, so keep your panties on people.
  • azn+mikeazn mike March 2009
    Like I said to you on FB

Any time in May would be perfect.
  • London.
  • ErlingErling March 2009
    Whenever, just let me know ahead of time. As for where - we could build a shanty on the side of the road somewhere.
  • Phil - your beach house was the bomb. Also, May-August would be really great image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

but yeah, wtb lanbq pls
  • PheylanPheylan March 2009
    I've got no chance unless it is Mid-July on. I can maybe swing by some place on the way home from RI around the second week in July, so a place located between RI and Charlotte would be great!
  • dandan March 2009
    Let's get the current townhouse owners to let us use their place.
    -dan

• MagicMagic March 2009
    ummm

Minnesota...?
  • AlfyAlfy March 2009
    QUOTE (Magic @ Mar 24 2009, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    ummm

Minnesota...?

I'm down for that.
  • MeatonMeaton March 2009
    Dude Hey wait maybe we can have one at the whitehouse? wounder if the prez would allow it ... ROFL j/k

Just give a heads up a head of time hehe..

Wait better yet i found a good place AIG Main HQ LOL
    Could always try my pants.
  • JAmmYJAmmY March 2009
    QUOTE (Alfy @ Mar 24 2009, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I'm down for that.

3 votes for mn.
  • JonobonoJonobono March 2009
    QUOTE (Pheylan @ Mar 24 2009, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I've got no chance unless it is Mid-July on. I can maybe swing by some place on the way home from RI around the second week in July, so a place located between RI and Charlotte would be great!

You're not invited for obvious reasons in my honest opinion.
  • 0%3Duid%28root%290=uid(root) March 2009
    funsies
    Double post.
  • jkarate212jkarate212 March 2009
    Sorry for my interference..but something I'm missing?
  • KPKP March 2009
    Anywhere not May30th-June6
  • ebolaebola March 2009
    Guys, stop worrying about when or who can attend. Let's worry about finding a venue first? Jesus
    Ebola's house it is.
  • whoa my house. na i wish i dont have a big enough house. hello everybody image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />. im down for whatever, whenever
    those fucking hockey puck burgers better not show up at the new venue
  • ebolaebola March 2009
    how is that any worse than magic or alfy showing up
    hahaha gov has filled the fag occupancy 10 fold. sorry no more room left for limp wrists. kthxbye
  • dandan March 2009
    QUOTE (0=uid(root) @ Mar 29 2009, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rofl. Those things were amazing!

-dan
    I'm pretty super fucking excited about a boozefest with you peeps.
  • NunesNunes March 2009
    <== interested, no venue ideas, summer's good.
  • QUOTE (0=uid(root) @ Mar 29 2009, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That picture is actually of the side of one of the patties themselves.
  • cutchinscutchins March 2009
    QUOTE (Governor @ Mar 30 2009, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    That picture is actually of the side of one of the patties themselves.

hahahahahaha
    Lol
  • ebolaebola March 2009
    those white and porous patties. reminds me of something
    Venue found! Beach house in Sea Isle, NJ. June 4th - June 7th seems like the most probable date too.

This isn't going to be as... structured as previous LanBQs. If you're seriously interested in coming, and I haven't already spoken to you, get in touch with me.
    Now taking suggestions on how to move four to six 8ft tables 130 miles [and back]...
    If my truck was an extended cab and fit four people I would bring that down instead of driving with Erling =/

But it's not an extended cab and it's only a two seater.
  • jimmah7jimmah7 March 2009
    so the whole point of your post is to let people know you have a small truck?
  • ebolaebola March 2009
    i think it was meant to be one of those "well, I would help but..." lucky ur asian mike.
    Are we talking the plastic folding ones we used before?
    We only had one plastic folding one before (and it turned out to be a piece of shit). The rest of them were wooden.

We will not be using the exact same tables since they were all pawned off when I and the townhouse crew moved out. I am going to go to some nearby hardware stores and see if I can find some folding tables on the cheap there. Ideally, I could find tables that will fold in half as well (but still support the weight of monitors) so they could be transported in the trunks of a few cars rather than requiring a truck.
  • fratersangfratersang March 2009
    luckily the LCD to CRT ratio is better than ever! Unfortunately my case has only gained more fans since last time.
  • PheylanPheylan March 2009
    I think you could possibly just buy some when you get to the beach house, use them for the weekend and then return them. You'd still have to get transportation to and from the house, but it is much easier then having to drive them across however many states. Might be cheaper too. Just try and find them online first.

Hell, it may take the returning option out of the equation, but I think places like Home Depot will even give free delivery if you need it.
    Or you can rent one of their sweet trucks!
  • KPKP March 2009
    Are you freaking kidding me. I said not June-4th...

It would be a sweet ass time..please don't do this.

(I have a Van...strap + van + tables= tables to beach?...coudln't fit all 8 obviously but just saying.)
    QUOTE (KarmaPolice @ Mar 31 2009, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Are you freaking kidding me. I said not June-4th...

It would be a sweet ass time..please don't do this.

(I have a Van...strap + van + tables= tables to beach?...coudln't fit all 8 obviously but just saying.)

Sorry man, we didn't get an endless supply of weekends to choose from, and this one seemed to work out for the most amount of people possible.
  • MagicMagic April 2009
    are there any places in the area that you could just rent the tables from? My family has rented tables before when they've had reunions and the like -- there's gotta be a place like that near the venue?
  • GovernorGovernor April 2009
    QUOTE (Magic @ Apr 1 2009, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    are there any places in the area that you could just rent the tables from? My family has rented tables before when they've had reunions and the like -- there's gotta be a place like that near the venue?

I'll look into it, but the venue is in the middle of tourist country -- it is a ghost town 2/3 of the year. That's not really an ideal place for a place that relies on renting stuff frequently, you know?
  • KPKP April 2009
    QUOTE (Governor @ Apr 1 2009, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I'll look into it, but the venue is in the middle of tourist country -- it is a ghost town 2/3 of the year. That's not really an ideal place for a place that relies on renting stuff frequently, you know?

People will play games?..

I still might be able to make it with a van.
  • NunesNunes April 2009
    We should actually take account of how many attendees plan on bringing their rigs. You know... after we take account of how many attendees there are.
    I currently have 13 people marked down as "confirmed", 12 of which have computers (I'm assuming phil isn't bringing his, since it can't play any games). I have two more that are "tentative" which would add two more computers (14 total). Two more are on the fence, but both would bring a computer (potentially 16 total). Finally, I have three more that I haven't actually gotten in touch with yet, but I assume all would bring their computers if they could. That would bring us to 19, which would require 6 tables.
  • NunesNunes April 2009
    And this is why you get to go by "governor".
    One of the "fences" is out, and one of the guys I haven't gotten in touch with is unlikely, so 17 at the moment
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership