Possible new ban on assault weapons
  • GovernorGovernor March 2009
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7966427.stm

Clinton wants those awful guns that are "causing" all the violence in Mexico banned in the US. Does this make sense to anyone?
  • NunesNunes March 2009
    No. No it doesn't.
  • BrianBrian March 2009
    Yeah... the guns are causing the violence.... of course!
  • dandan March 2009
    QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 26 2009, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Yeah... the guns are causing the violence.... of course!

Guns don't kill people. People who play video games kill people.

-dan
  • romerashromerash March 2009
    QUOTE (dan @ Mar 26 2009, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Guns don't kill people. People who play video games kill people.

-dan

obviously, terrorists practice by playing techies
  • AlfyAlfy March 2009
    Please define for me, Mrs. Clinton, what a "military-style assault weapon" is. I have a .22 with a black synthetic stock. Is that a "military-style assault weapon"? Or is my Ithica Deerslayer a "military-style assault weapon"? These are the questions that concern me.
  • NunesNunes March 2009
    I like the questions:

"How in the living fuck is making arbitrary weapons illegal in America going to stop criminals in Mexico from continuing to buy weapons illegally?"

and

"Why the fuck does this strike you as a wise political decision? You ignorant loon."

and

"How is babby formed?"
    /They need to do way instain mother> who kill thier babbys. becuse these babby cant frigth back it was on the news this mroing a mother in ar who had kill her three kids . they are taking the three babby back to new york too lady to rest my pary are with the father who lost his chrilden ; i am truley sorry for your lots
  • BrianBrian March 2009
    So if I re-stock an AR15 with rich mahogany, is it still "military style?
  • redboneredbone March 2009
    QUOTE (Alfy @ Mar 27 2009, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Please define for me, Mrs. Clinton, what a "military-style assault weapon" is. I have a .22 with a black synthetic stock. Is that a "military-style assault weapon"? Or is my Ithica Deerslayer a "military-style assault weapon"? These are the questions that concern me.

I have a fork in my kitchen, I'm gonna go Army Ranger on the next person that walks past the bushes in front of my apartment. I just picked a ranger because my plan involves hiding in bushes.
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf March 2009
    QUOTE (redbone @ Mar 29 2009, 02:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I have a fork in my kitchen, I'm gonna go Army Ranger on the next person that walks past the bushes in front of my apartment. I just picked a ranger because my plan involves hiding in bushes.

If you will go sit in the bathtub for a bit before you get in the bushes you can go S.E.A.L. on em.
    She was referring to a ban on the sale of such powerful guns which was in effect in the United Sates between 1994 and 2004.

HRMMMMM?
    http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/glance/guncrime.htm

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/glance/guncrime.gif

Not sure if I did this right. Does anyone notice anything odd here?

Does the major spike coincide with Bush Sr. taking office? What types of guns were used to commit those crimes? Assault type weapons or handguns or hunting weapons? I shall delve into this a bit more.
  • NunesNunes March 2009
    This just in:
    Societal ills such as gun crime follow a complex and oft random model which can hardly be accurately compared to a single stimulus such as a ban on weapons without taking into account poverty and unemployment levels, availability of resources and overall welfare of the citizenry.

More at 11.
  • BrianBrian March 2009
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Mar 31 2009, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    This just in:
    Societal ills such as gun crime follow a complex and oft random model which can hardly be accurately compared to a single stimulus such as a ban on weapons without taking into account poverty and unemployment levels, availability of resources and overall welfare of the citizenry.

More at 11.

Totally not true. I think an increase in the number and severity of laws targeting those who do not follow laws, to create the illusion of control, is the key.

/sarcasm
  • AlfyAlfy March 2009
    Criminals won't break the gun laws.
    Methinks I like this guy.

blasted cnn
  • MeatonMeaton April 2009
    QUOTE (Hexenwulf @ Mar 30 2009, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    If you will go sit in the bathtub for a bit before you get in the bushes you can go S.E.A.L. on em.

Now that just made me lose my soda all ove the place lol ROFL Good one HEX 10/10n image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership