Driving to Rhode Island
  • PheylanPheylan March 2009
    Well, I leave either this Friday or Saturday for Rhode Island from Charlotte. It's about a 14 hour trip. I'm tossing around the idea of doing the entire 14 hours on Saturday, or splitting it between Friday and Saturday. If I were to leave to Friday, would anyone have a place I could crash around the half way point on Friday night? The other alternative is getting a motel, which isn't bad.

I taking the route that mapquest gives that goes from Charlotte, NC to Newport RI if anyone wants to see if that takes me close to them. I don't want to go too far off course and add more time to the trip, but I will deviate a little if anyone has any suggestions.
  • NunesNunes March 2009
    hm... That really takes you into the fuckin' boonies of PA meng. Nice straight shot though. If you can find a way over to 95 you might find more people around, and it still goes right up to RI (more or less).

Can't really offer my mum's place in Wilmington though. Sorry, dude.
  • GovernorGovernor March 2009
    You're welcome to crash in Lancaster.
    Without having an address to use and being that I don't really know the area very well, any clue how far off the plotted route Lancaster would be? I'm thinking the most amount of time I would want to add to each day would be an hours drive.
  • GovernorGovernor March 2009
    If you're using google maps to plot your route, just add "Lancaster, PA" as a destination in between. I know there are people that live in Harrisburg (which would probably be closer to your route), but I can't speak for them.
  • NunesNunes March 2009
    FYI

Without Stopping at Lancaster:
    13 hrs 38 min.

With Stopping at Lancaster
    14 hrs 4 min.

Sub FYI
    Mapquest is cocks. Use Maps.Google.
    Alright. Using Google Maps and avoiding tolls, the trip takes 14 hours 16 minutes. Adding Lancaster brings it up to 14 hours and 57 minutes. Not a bad difference at all.
  • 0%3Duid%28root%290=uid(root) March 2009
    when you're up in the area, gimme a call. i'll drive down to RI from MA to visit!
  • ebolaebola March 2009
    im about an hour and 15 from you.
  • PheylanPheylan April 2009
    Well folks. I'm sitting here in my hotel room, ready to report in 12 hours. I guess I'll see you in 3 months.

Dan and Court, thanks for the hospitality. KP, Andrew, Phil. Good to see all of you again.
  • dandan April 2009
    QUOTE (Pheylan @ Apr 4 2009, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Well folks. I'm sitting here in my hotel room, ready to report in 12 hours. I guess I'll see you in 3 months.

Dan and Court, thanks for the hospitality. KP, Andrew, Phil. Good to see all of you again.

No problem dude, I'm glad you made it there safely. Have fun with your training.
  • MeatonMeaton April 2009
    Good luck image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
  • KPKP April 2009
    Hey man it was good seeing you! Sorry I didn't have a chance to see you off/eat breakfest, but I had to leave at 6:45....twas an interesting drive home.

Good Luck
  • NunesNunes April 2009
    It was a hella good time. Glad I could see you before you took off. Kick ass and take names, you'll be flying jets in no time.
  • AlfyAlfy April 2009
    Keep your pants on.
  • GRiFGRiF April 2009
    rubber pants?
  • AlfyAlfy April 2009
    Had to be there really.

Needless to say, I got Phey naked.
  • NunesNunes April 2009
    QUOTE (Alfy @ Apr 6 2009, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Had to be there really.

Needless to say, I Phey got Phey naked, because he couldn't understand the "don't drink with your dominant hand" rule, even when he ducktaped a bucket to his dominant hand as a reminder.

Fixed for accuracy.

/and the lulz.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership