• LethaLLethaL October 2007
    Anyone heard of this game before, in my opinion its a good freaking game, so realistic and all, i will certainly give it a try when it come out, the demo has came out so if you want download it and give it a try

here are some videos

Crysis

Crysis HD

Crysis Trailer
  • scrubblescrubble October 2007
    it's suppose to be great, but i'm too busy with Halo 3 and FIFA 08 to buy it.
  • BlueBoxBobBlueBoxBob October 2007
    FIFA 08' FTW !!!
  • neocronneocron October 2007
    Everyone's heard of Crysis its had so much hype. Graphics look amazing as did FarCry (Same devs) when it first came out. Not sure about the gameplay though.

Also Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 is the best soccer game you can buy. It has a much more hardcore base of fans & FIFA in Europe at least is largely considered to be the n00b game image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> FIFA hasn't been the best console soccer game since 1998.
    QUOTE (neocron @ Oct 29 2007, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Everyone's heard of Crysis its had so much hype. Graphics look amazing as did FarCry (Same devs) when it first came out. Not sure about the gameplay though.

Also Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 is the best soccer game you can buy. It has a much more hardcore base of fans & FIFA in Europe at least is largely considered to be the n00b game image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> FIFA hasn't been the best console soccer game since 1998.

i don't even know when Pro Evolution comes out in America.

on a soccer note, do you have Football Manager 2008? is it any good?
    Certainly have, Football Manager is my crack has been since I was 10 or so but back then it was called Championship Manager. Football Manager is the one game every year I can count on to be good and it is. More of the same with some tweaks in gameplay & the interface.

Have you played previous versions of Football Manager?

EDIT: Pro Evolution Soccer is due out in the spring for USA.
  • GachiGachi October 2007
    I'm definately going to look into getting Crysis
  • flaveflave October 2007
    Like Neo said, I'm just unconvinced when it comes to crysis. It looks amazing, I'll grant it that, but it's done by the same team that did Far Cry and despite the supposedly "redefining" nature of that game, I found it bland and generic. I'm worried that Far Cry will do more of the same.

Plus, Crytek has succumbed to what I lovingly refer to as "Electric Monkey Syndrome" after the lopers in RTCW: essentially, it's using exponentially more difficult enemies to make things harder instead of coding better AI. And for all their talk of realism, nothing takes me out of immersion faster than having to shoot something with eight rockets to kill it.

I will probably grab a copy when it goes on sale just to look at the pretties, but I'm almost positive I will not play through it unless it turns out it's something completely off the scale. With TF2 occupying so much of my time lately, the gameplay end is REALLY going to have to measure up to pull me away.
  • carto0ncarto0n October 2007
    trailer looks pretty good for it, but im with fade....im afraid the gameplay is going to be pretty boring and generic. i dont think i will buy it until i hear the reviews.
    QUOTE (neocron @ Oct 29 2007, 08:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Certainly have, Football Manager is my crack has been since I was 10 or so but back then it was called Championship Manager. Football Manager is the one game every year I can count on to be good and it is. More of the same with some tweaks in gameplay & the interface.

Have you played previous versions of Football Manager?

EDIT: Pro Evolution Soccer is due out in the spring for USA.

i played the 06 one. i got it for the 360, but i think i'm going to get the new one for the PC. now i just have to make the decision of buying the UK one or getting the American version.
    It belongs on a PC thats for sure. Get the UK version I think the American version has licence problems. Might not have club badges etc. Its easy customised though, plenty of people in forums release skin packs etc.
  • intensiveintensive November 2007
    I just purchased this game, and it is BEUTIFUL. I have never seen a game with as astonishing graphics as this. It takes a beastly machine to run it, and I can now believe them when Crytek says that Crysis can't be handled by a 360 or PS3.

I haven't played online yet, but thus far, the campaign is just amazing.
  • mfarrmfarr November 2007
    I was also worried about the gameplay, since all of the hype was on graphics. However, gamespot has reviewed it a 9.5(same as the new mario) and it appears that the gameplay is very good as well.

Unfortunately you pretty much need a new machine to play it, so I will have to wait until I upgrade. On that note, I love how there basically isn't a gpu out currently that will play this game on ultra high settings at a high resolution.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership