This place sucks ass
  • PheylanPheylan April 2009
    Hi!

Just stopping by from Navy OCS. This blame is hell. Crappy food, 4 hours of sleep each night, PT at 5 am every morning in 40 degree weather. But I guess I'm still having some fun. We'll start learning usefull stuff in 4 or 5 weeks they tell us. Anyway, gotta run. I think the Drill Instructor wants to beat us again. Someone must have sneezed. image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton April 2009
    Which part is sarcastic?

"Learn usefull (sic) stuff in 4 or 5 weeks"? What are you learning now!?
  • jimmah7jimmah7 April 2009
    he's probably learning about muscles he never knew he had before and how much they can hurt.
  • GRiFGRiF April 2009
    oh. if thats the case, hes never felt real pain before. its just been paper cuts and flesh wounds up till now. they know how to take it out of ya. but what they put in is often better when its time to leave
  • GovernorGovernor April 2009
    Rob, I think grif is calling you gay...
  • LethaLLethaL April 2009
    QUOTE (Governor @ Apr 15 2009, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i am thinking the same thing
  • dandan April 2009
    QUOTE (Governor @ Apr 15 2009, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't ask, don't tell.

-dan
  • TrueBelieverTrueBeliever April 2009
    QUOTE (dan @ Apr 15 2009, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Don't ask, don't tell.

-dan

haha!
  • GRiFGRiF April 2009
    honor and discipline you sick mofos!
    ewwww.....
  • azn+mikeazn mike April 2009
    Lol rob that sucks image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • BillBill April 2009
    QUOTE (GRiF @ Apr 16 2009, 01:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    ewwww.....

You mean like... Rum, sodomy, and the lash?
  • sac916sac916 April 2009
    I blame the military for the gays.
  • PheylanPheylan April 2009
    The useful stuff we learn now is how to carry a canteen, fold a shirt, or avoid sexual harrassment. That's about it. It's just busy work designed to stress you out and keep you busy. It's getting a little better now, but not much. Supposed to streadily improve each week. The PT isn't so bad, but I've got bruised ribs which are making things really difficult.
  • 0%3Duid%28root%290=uid(root) April 2009
    you're in rhode island. it's not going to get better.

PS stay away from the women there, [not the college students that might happen to be someone's sister. but damn i'd tap that ass allllll night] wait, what?

QUOTE (GRiF @ Apr 16 2009, 01:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    ewwww.....

she made me an offer. i gave her my honor. and then all night long, it was honor and offer.
  • PheylanPheylan May 2009
    In for my latest update. This place still sucks, but it's getting better. One third of the way through it all. I have to get past this next third and then it's all down hill from there. Hope everyone is doing well.
  • Finish strong Phey.
  • NunesNunes May 2009
    Don't forget:
  • QUOTE (0=uid(root) @ Apr 25 2009, 06:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    you're in rhode island. it's not going to get better.

PS stay away from the women there, [not the college students that might happen to be someone's sister. but damn i'd tap that ass allllll night] wait, what?

she made me an offer. i gave her my honor. and then all night long, it was honor and offer.

if you can't come in her come on her - to honor
  • NunesNunes May 2009
    QUOTE (BlackLight @ May 1 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Get honor, stay honor. If you can't come in her come on her - to honor

Fixed for the full awesome.
  • QUOTE (ANunes @ May 1 2009, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Fixed for the full awesome.

thank you nunes, my memory lapsed. you are truly a man of honor
    Well, done with the first 4 weeks and the militarization phase of training. Now we start learning how to be sailors and things relax a bit. It's no longer about stressing us out and making our lives hell. 8 more weeks, graduation on June 26th. This place still sucks ass but parts of it are steadily becoming much more enjoyable. Meals are still horrible because the food is horrible, you can't use condiments of any kind, and the way you sit and the steps you go through to eat leave you in pain by the end of the meal. Still, only 4 more weeks of that. I'm starting to learn more and more about how the military operates. For example, Friday we got to enjoy a 45 minute brief to the regiment by a doctor on the proper way to wash your hands to prevent catching swine flu. I have to say, not having access to outside news material or any real idea of what goes on the outside world is difficult. By the same token, it kind of makes time pass a little longer because you can't judge the passage of time. Half the time I don't even know what day of the week it is because we aren't allowed watches or cell phones for a few more weeks. The days are longer then anyone is used to because there is no down time, 20 minute meals, and only 4 hours of sleep each night. I think most depressing part is when I left Charlotte, all the tress and flowers were blooming and up here everything is still dead and bare, with some days only being 50 degrees outside. Still, this place isn't that bad. I feel like we are doing the downhill portion now. It only gets more relaxed from here. Yall be good.
  • NunesNunes May 2009
    Good weather's on the way dude. It was about 3 weeks later here than in NC, and you were about there far out a week ago. That'll make things much more tolerable.

Great to hear things are getting better! Keep us posted, I love the updates.
  • So they allow you to jump on computers?
    Yeah, we have full access to the computer lab now, whenever we have down time for studying or prepping or anything else.

We got access to milk in the chow hall now! Yay!
  • cutchinscutchins May 2009
    QUOTE (Pheylan @ May 4 2009, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Yeah, we have full access to the computer lab now, whenever we have down time for studying or prepping or anything else.

We got access to milk in the chow hall now! Yay!

why the fuck would they not give you access to milk?
  • redboneredbone May 2009
    QUOTE (CJ. @ May 5 2009, 05:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    why the fuck would they not give you access to milk?

I'm pulling this out of my ass, but it could be because they want you filling your stomach with other things, that have more vitamins etc. that you also need for physical development and exertion.
  • cutchinscutchins May 2009
    milk is important as fuck, especially if they have you running any substantial amounts per day
  • NunesNunes May 2009
    QUOTE (CJ. @ May 5 2009, 06:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    milk is important as fuck, especially if they have you running any substantial amounts per day

qft.
    *gulp*
  • The best advise for being a sailor:

Enjoy anal sex.

Hi Sailor! *Flops wrist*

Stay safe!
  • redboneredbone May 2009
    Oh, well then I have no clue.
  • anchors away hoss.
    Yeah, milk is a luxury. It started out as only what they hand you, meaning a meat, starch and vegetable. That lasted every meal for the first week. They we got access to the fruit/salad bar and able to choose what main items we wanted. Rolls were then added, and then milk. Of course we eat everything with only a spoon, left handed. We're hoping to be allowed to use a fork, knife and napkin sometime in the next week or two. Condiments like salt and peppar, salad dressing or syrup would be nice, but those aren't allowed until week 9.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership