Prosecutions
  • NunesNunes April 2009
    Gah. He can't make me happy without making me sad. He just can't fucking do it.

Whatever... I'll mark it down so I remember when I'm voting next time and move on.

Edited for better link goodness.

Edit 2 for less inflammatory nonsense:
    I'd like our soldiers to be less afraid of disobeying an illegal order than they are of the consequences of carrying it out. It's not that I think our soldiers who did this are all bad people, but I'm pretty sure you're not only allowed, but required to deny an order that you know to be illegal, right? (military people?)
  • EvestayEvestay April 2009
    I like the way he handled this.
  • NunesNunes April 2009
    It's the hardest thing for the majority to criticize, so it's politically expedient. Release the docs and don't say that prosecutions are off limits and you get jumped on for hating troops who were just carrying out orders (not a good enough excuse IMO), so he has to add that caveat to avoid the firestorm.

I won't care one iota about this if we eventually get to go after the asshats in charge who actually gave those orders.
  • GovernorGovernor April 2009
    Fuck the law. The president is above it, so why not our military too?

Mmmm safety... is there any price you're not worth?
  • ScabdatesScabdates April 2009
    QUOTE (Governor @ Apr 17 2009, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Fuck the law. The president is above it, so why not our military too?

Mmmm safety... is there any price you're not worth?

The president isn't above the law. If the president does it, it can't be illegal.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership