paintball
  • KPKP April 2009
    Has anyone ever done paintball? I've always wanted to but never got around to doing it. Wouldn't it be increadibly entertaining to have a donut paintball game...

A quick search reveals a paintball field 20 mins from Sea Isle.

Just a thought.
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton April 2009
    It is incredibly fun. I'd probably play.
  • ChucklesChuckles April 2009
    Yeah its great fun. As far as hobbies go though, it's expensive and time consuming. I found that every time I wanted to play I ended up spending fifty bucks or so, Which I guess isn't too bad, but its addictive and the costs start to add up.
  • NunesNunes April 2009
    QUOTE (Chuckles @ Apr 17 2009, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Yeah its great fun. As far as hobbies go though, it's expensive and time consuming. I found that every time I wanted to play I ended up spending fifty bucks or so, Which I guess isn't too bad, but its addictive and the costs start to add up.

This is why I stopped.

40 bucks or so for a days worth of balls, a 120 dollar gun that badly needed to be upgraded to a 500+ dollar gun, military BDU's (I played in the woods and camo is sweet) and a tactical load bearing vest (for to hold hoppers of extra balls without having them bounce around and break). Then drop 15 bucks for a round some places (I liked day passes which ran about 40 or 50 for as many rounds as you can fit), without a steady source of income, and it will drag your ass in a hole.

I also sustained many a welt from people who *froze* their balls the night before and transported them in a cooler so they wouldn't pop but would hit like a 4 gram BB...
  • sac916sac916 April 2009
    It's very expensive, unless you buy a Phantom ( = buy a phantom). Paintballing is a ridiculously fun hobby that allows you to shoot people in the face. Just know that you'll be running into lot's of younger kids (12-18?) and their attitudes.

As for welts and frozen paintballs, I think you have tiny testicles that don't' allow you to function like a man. image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
  • KPKP April 2009
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Apr 17 2009, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    This is why I stopped.

40 bucks or so for a days worth of balls, a 120 dollar gun that badly needed to be upgraded to a 500+ dollar gun, military BDU's (I played in the woods and camo is sweet) and a tactical load bearing vest (for to hold hoppers of extra balls without having them bounce around and break). Then drop 15 bucks for a round some places (I liked day passes which ran about 40 or 50 for as many rounds as you can fit), without a steady source of income, and it will drag your ass in a hole.

I also sustained many a welt from people who *froze* their balls the night before and transported them in a cooler so they wouldn't pop but would hit like a 4 gram BB...

Thats bastardy.

I knew it cost money, but didn't know it cost that much. Then again not all the equipment is needed. I have no idea how many balls you use in any given game.
  • NunesNunes April 2009
    Between 250 and 400 if you intend to do damage. In a quick game or one with fewer than 10 people total you'll get away with more like 200. 2000 balls (or about 10 games or about 1 day of play) is 40 bucks.

You can rent the gun for between 20 and 50 bucks, depending on venue and gun. And alot of the stuff I got was extraneous, like the military gear. Oh and you'll need a mask which is between 10 and 25 dollars and you'll want the nice one so it won't fog up.

most of the shit is a one off purchase. I dropped maybe 300 bucks on my stuff out the gate and was good with about 60 or 70 bucks to play for a day after that. But I should've bought a better gun. The base models all blow dick and jam all the time. Which is pretty much a death sentence.
  • ErlingErling April 2009
    Paintball is fun, I prefer Airsoft though.
  • jkarate212jkarate212 April 2009
    I agree with Erling, I prefer airsoft. A bigger variety of guns, most customization, the guns are modeled after current guns, and its a ton cheaper.

I started with paintball a few years back with my Tippman, and I will say that I definitely enjoyed it. Its great when you've got a good group of people, and your playing aggressively.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership