Old Gaming Gear
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton April 2009
    Seriously, check it out. It's a bit more than $3000 American.
  • NonRootNonRoot April 2009
    That must have been a serious pain to post all those pictures, especially since each one is 15 cents. Sucks that it’s overseas and pick up only.

P.S. Mario Kart 64 and Super Smash Bros FTMFW.
  • NunesNunes April 2009
    Melee is the best installation in the series. Discuss.

I want the all time best arcade console of all time, which is about the same price.

• BlackLightBlackLight April 2009
    my jungle green n64 + mario kart/mario tennis/super smash/perfect dark-goldeneye has made for many an enjoyable hour in my college years so far. especially when the 360 is dead

On a side note, I do agree with ANunes about Melee being the best, although I haven't played enough of brawl to properly include that in the conversation
  • NunesNunes April 2009
    QUOTE (BlackLight @ Apr 29 2009, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    On a side note, I do agree with ANunes about Melee being the best, although I haven't played enough of brawl to properly include that in the conversation

*ahem*
    Well, the gameplay in the newest edition of SSB is sluggish compared to the previous title. The control scheme is tight and some moves were added and others augmented, which is a plus. Additional characters also make the game better in terms of sheer novelty. However, there were a number of tweaks that I'd consider quality neutral in their conceptualization, most of which were designed to balance tournament play and reduce the learning curve. First and foremost of which is the attempted removal of L-canceling. L-canceling, for the uninitiated, is the fucking bomb. You were able, in Melee, to link moves together at double or sometimes triple the rate of normal attacking. You were also able to choose 'buttery' characters and slide around on the map with your shield up. You were able to use fox's blink at an absolutely alarming speed. You were able to take falco and literally jack someone for 150% damage before they knew what was going on. Nintendo thought this was detrimental to potential new players.

Unfortunately, you can still L-cancel in Brawl. It just requires more intimate knowledge of each move, since all moves have a slightly different time-to-perform which is intrinsic in the timing-to-L-Cancel formula. So they just made the learning curve steeper and took away some of my favorite aspects of gameplay. Which sucks cock.

Fastfalling was also tuned to require more specific timing. Making that aspect much less forgiving. And the speed of the fastfall was reduced by about 50%, removing a large part of it's usefulness.

They increased the ability of players to use directional influence when in the air, making it more difficult to combo another player, or be combo'd yourself. Previously, in Melee, it was a hard learned lesson that you just had to withstand the combo and dodge the kill shot, combo them back and HIT the kill shot. Now matches aren't tug-of-war style damage management but rather dances of pain that play out as damage races. A neutral effect, but overall unpleasant IMO.

Conversely, they toned down the ability of players to air dodge over distance. This was a great way in melee to not only avoid the damage from the initial hit, but to augment your fastfall and reach the ground (and L-cancel/attack) to start dealing damage yourself. Being reduced, this aspect of the game has become all but useless in play with skilled players. You just air dodge and get hit as you come out of the dodge animation.

They also managed to royally screw up attack-priority so a falcon punch can be canceled by king dededee's default A attack.

The list goes on...
  • jkarate212jkarate212 April 2009
    yikes, hell of a collection. Must have obviosly planned on selling all of that when he first bought it all, since its in flawless condition.

5,000 worth of stuff in USD. Its a great collection, but youd have to be a hardcore collector to be able to buy that.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership