Post your broken bones
  • NonRootNonRoot May 2009
    To those of you that I played with in the server yesterday, you already know that I recently broke my thumb. I started to think of all the other times that I have had a broken bone and decided to see if anyone has had similar injuries occur.

To date I have:

- Broken my right wrist at the age of 6
    - Broke it again at the age of 12
    - Sprained my right wrist as well as breaking a few bones in the hand and my pinky finger at the age of 13
    - Broken about 4-5 other fingers over the years, mostly due to little league
    - and most recently broke my thumb

Quite a list in my opinion, though Im grateful I havent broken or dislocated any bones in my leg.

Please, feel free to post the bones that you have had broken... or other injuries.
  • Wrist at age 10

damn monkey bars
  • I don't think I've actually broken many, if any bones.

I had my little finger in a finger cast when I was about 6 or 7 after after I slammed it in the back door (ouch).

A barb wire scar on my left hand.

Burn mark on my right hand.

Scar on my chest from somehow having the crucifix I waer on my neck slicing me (oh the irony).

Three head scars, two on my forehead from when I fell over as a little kid and the most recent across my left eyebrow when I dived into a rock pool and smashed my face into rocks at the bottom (who knew)!
    As a result I now pluck my left eyebrow as the hair doesn't grow back properly and makes me look too thugish if I don't get rid of the it.

Like you said, very glad I haven't had any big breaks. Infact I've been quite lucky with some of my cuts, especially the last head cracking, I could of very easily broken my neck.
  • PhilPhil May 2009
    Motorcycle fall in 2006 netted me few broken toes.

Broken right hand twice (walls are stronger than bones)

Torn ligaments between L4 and L5

Right ankle tendons ripped up many times (like right now) image/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Broke a few fingers while swimming (butterfly stroke into the lane rope, or messing them up hitting the wall at the finish)

In review, I am quite thankful that I've not suffered anything major and hope to keep it that way.
  • GovernorGovernor May 2009
    I've had a bunch few sprains and burns and such, but the only broken bone I've ever had was a shattered collarbone in a skiing accident when I was 12. Since that isn't something that you get a traditional cast for, I've actually never had a plaster cast.
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf May 2009
    Ummm. Not much.

About 16 stitches in the back of the head at age 8. (might explain a lot)

May have fractured a few fingertips on left hand in a minor accident involving a portable band saw.

May have had a few fractured fingers when they got smashed during a lift with a crane truck.

3 stitches on left cheek. (face + table)

Might have had a fractured ankle. It needed a little over two months to quit hurting.

• ebolaebola May 2009
    I've had highway accidents, sports injuries, and bad fights. I'm very surprised I haven't broken anything except a big toe nail. It's a statistical anomaly.
  • jimmah7jimmah7 May 2009
    hairline fracture of my pinky from basketball. i didn't know it even happened until three months later when it was sore for no reason. thats it
  • JubzJubz May 2009
    broke my right arm clean through both bones. other than that just alot of scars.

Jubz
  • azn+mikeazn mike May 2009
    Dislocated my right knee twice. So I had to get surgeries on it lol.
  • BrianBrian May 2009
    Broke my right arm fighting a kid on top of a slide in public school, and cracked my hand on my CRT monitor back when cs was life. Also have many scars from mountain biking.
  • cutchinscutchins May 2009
    broke most of my fingers in football. that's about it.
  • NunesNunes May 2009
    Not an impressive list, but somewhat extensive in injuries that netted some scars...

Fell down the stairs when I was 6, 6 stitches in my chin.
    Cut my finger on a razor blade when I was 8, it left three parallel scars.
    Fell off the roof when I was 9, 5 more stitches in my chin.
    Maybe a dozen rolled ankles while skateboarding.
    I knocked a chunk of flesh out of my shin skateboarding. It left a crater. I can take pics image/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
    I sliced my wrist open fencing. My friend's foil snapped at the tip and slid down mine, skipping the sharp edge of both it and the ejected tip across my skin. Looks like I tried to commit suicide. Totally sweet.
    I lost the very tip of my nose-bone running into a wall playing laser tag.
    I broke some ribs on various occasions.

Mostly I'm just a clumsy idiot, in review.
  • i broke my dick because your mom can't get enough of my throbbing existance.
  • xemplarxemplar May 2009
    Broke my nose 1 time
    Dislocated my left knee 4 times...no surgery seeing as my doctor said I "have the ability to dislocate, yet relocate my knee...)

That's about it...

wait!...I almost forgot!....I cut my hand with a razor and got no stitches...I should have though...
  • MagicMagic May 2009
    I fell head-first onto a cement sidewalk when I was 10 and couldn't move for a couple minutes -- ambulance put me on a stretcher and thought I broke my neck. X-rays came back negative though and I ended up just needed stiches in my noggin.
  • QUOTE (0=uid(root) @ May 2 2009, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    i broke my dick because your mom can't get enough of my throbbing existance.

hahahaha A+

five stiches on the left half of my left eye (not on the eye itself but right at the corner) where i got sliced by an ice skate when i was ten. absolutely nothing else although i can dislocate both my thumbs at will :/
  • Broke my right collarbone in gym during the sixth grade, and then did something mysterious to that same shoulder during an archery tournament that cumulatively resulted in a detached shoulder blade (yeah it hurts)

Also, for epic winz, I split my chin open on *something* in the townhouse bathroom while blind drunk at a LanBQ. Thanks to Meaton (i think) for butterflying my chin closed. My dad still thinks I cut it moving a barbecue for you jerks...
  • Damien666Damien666 May 2009
    Only bone I have even broken is my pinky.Minus a few ribs and wrist lol
  • NunesNunes May 2009
    QUOTE (Aussie Witch @ May 3 2009, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Broke my right collarbone in gym during the sixth grade, and then did something mysterious to that same shoulder during an archery tournament that cumulatively resulted in a detached shoulder blade (yeah it hurts)

Also, for epic winz, I split my chin open on *something* in the townhouse bathroom while blind drunk at a LanBQ. Thanks to Meaton (i think) for butterflying my chin closed. My dad still thinks I cut it moving a barbecue for you jerks...

A++, would injure again.
  • GovernorGovernor May 2009
    Nicole is in direct competition with Rob for best LanBQ injury. However, Rob was naked, and he did cut his buttcheek, so she has some stiff competition (pun partially intended).
  • QUOTE (Governor @ May 3 2009, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Nicole is in direct competition with Rob for best LanBQ injury. However, Rob was naked, and he did cut his buttcheek, so she has some stiff competition (pun partially intended).

ahaha

Where the hell are the videos of that one
  • waterxm04waterxm04 May 2009
    QUOTE (Governor @ May 2 2009, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I've had a bunch few sprains and burns and such, but the only broken bone I've ever had was a shattered collarbone in a skiing accident when I was 12. Since that isn't something that you get a traditional cast for, I've actually never had a plaster cast.

I remember that, first run down blue mountain.

Just Broken things pretty much

Current/Past injuries from last season:
    mild concusion 3rd day of camp
    broken right big toe
    In camp i dislocated my shoulder (relocated by coach)
    Broken right middle knuckle
    Broken left pinky
    Partially Seperated shoulder

Past injuries:
    1 or more years back

both wrist casted (snowboarding)
    my hand(s) (boxer fracture(s))
    -twice on right hand
    -once on left

every finger broken except both pointerfingers, left thumb and left ring

bruised ribs from lacrosse
    stress fractures and a "scotty dog" fracture in my back ?? I don't really remember what that entailed I was out for 6 weeks of lacrosse though

I can't remember all of my wrestling injuries

Newest injuries:
    Costo-something (chest wall damage to cartilage etc)
    feels like bruised ribs in my chest and a gash in my right arm

a drunk driver pulled out infront of my friend and I, we hit him going 35-40 totaling his new honda civic $18k. Hell of a welcome home party my first night back from college. Just wanted to relax and watch a movie and on our way home, spent from 2-4am in the hospital
  • NunesNunes May 2009
    Sounds like good times.
  • waterxm04waterxm04 May 2009
    QUOTE (Andrew @ May 3 2009, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Sounds like good times.

not soo much
  • romerashromerash May 2009
    dan's dick fell off the wall once
  • I've broken bones twice. The first was a golf club to the head. I was about six. Two buddies and I were hitting some golf balls. One hit me in the head with his back swing. I don't remember too much... with the blood loss and all. It only took two stitches to fix that up as well.

The other time was a few years later. I rolled my ankle and a muscle tore a chunk of bone from my foot. Apparently, it's pretty common. That one required a cast for months. A cast on your foot is a terrible experience. You have to bath with your foot out of the tub. It is such an uncomfortable, awkward position.

I've had a number of injuries (been to the ER 3 times). I had a prong from a metal rake go through my hand. My cousin, a few other kids, and I were digging in dirt (... shut up. We were young). My cousin thought it'd be a brilliant idea to use the metal rake. I have a scar that goes through my hand... It's pretty sweet.

The final ER trip was when my knee dislocated and then my leg bent. Tendons snapped. That wasn't fun, but I got to ride in the ambulance.
  • azn+mikeazn mike May 2009
    Breaking/dislocating shit sucks ass seriously image/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />
  • xemplarxemplar May 2009
    QUOTE (Jong @ May 4 2009, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Breaking/dislocating shit sucks ass seriously image/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

not for me! as i said before in this thread, my knee goes right back into place! image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • coffeecoffee May 2009
    i've never had anything broken except my heart

/wrists
  • QUOTE (xemplar @ May 4 2009, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    not for me! as i said before in this thread, my knee goes right back into place! image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Thats how it happens to me... usually... Then the one time it happened, all my weight was on that leg. Loud crack and someone is dialing 911.

On a side note: after it slides back in, wrap it with an ace bandage tightly to flush out the fluid build up.
  • cutchinscutchins May 2009
    QUOTE (coffee @ May 4 2009, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    i've never had anything broken except my heart

/wrists

hahahahahhaha
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership