Free KFC c/o Oprah
  • legitimate - i've been itching to try this ever since the commercials came on; will no doubt go well with a bottle of dos equis (stay thirsty, my donuts)
  • coffeecoffee May 2009
    the dos equis commercials are wrong. GARY BUSEY is the most interesting man in the world
  • ChucklesChuckles May 2009
    THE COUPON DOWNLOAD HAS EXPIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!! No free chicken for me... image/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />
  • GovernorGovernor May 2009
    I may or may not still have the pdf.
  • QUOTE (Governor @ May 7 2009, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I may or may not still have the pdf.

You possibly sly, slick bastard. You may be a genius of untold magnitude. But then again, maybe not.
  • NunesNunes May 2009
    In other news, there were riots over this.
    To be fair, there were riots over certain stores refusing to accept the coupons.
  • NunesNunes May 2009
    QUOTE (Governor @ May 7 2009, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    To be fair, there were riots over certain stores refusing to accept the coupons.

True. And potentially racial motivations for that decision. And the only difference crowds of 200 people lined up in the streets and a riot is that one of them takes place in formation.
  • BrianBrian May 2009
    Apparently all stores are refusing to take the coupon according to that link provided.

Also, Dos Equis is possibly the best ad campaign for the biggest piece of shit in the world. What a terrible beer.
  • Got mine yesterday, worked fine.
  • NunesNunes May 2009
    QUOTE (Brian @ May 8 2009, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Apparently all stores are refusing to take the coupon according to that link provided.

Also, Dos Equis is possibly the best ad campaign for the biggest piece of shit in the world. What a terrible beer.

And a Mexican barfly with a scraggly beard is neither "the most interesting man in the world" nor is he hanging out with supermodels. On a jet ski.

/Here I was going to link to a pretty great, completely unrelated story about Sir Richard Branson having a naked supermodel hang out with him on his island and go jet ski-ing. But upon reflection it is decidedly NSFW, so to parties interested, google is your friend.
  • I live in new york city. I haven't seen a black person since may 5th. They're all at kfc.

In the words of Paul Mooney, "slave ship gon get them niggas"

Where is skiLLz when you need him? I'm just kidding I love black people, this is just too funny for me not to comment on with the shit I've seen the last few days
  • ebolaebola May 2009
    I'll get him
  • KPKP May 2009
    I've never had a dos equis...whats it taste like?
    Have you never eaten at a Mexican place before, Tom?
  • NunesNunes May 2009
    QUOTE (Governor @ May 10 2009, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Have you never eaten at a Mexican place before, Tom?

hm. I eat Mexican damn near weekly, and I've never had Dos Equis.

When it comes to beer: The better the advertising campaign, the worse the beer.
  • AlfyAlfy May 2009
    I have found the Mexican beers I have tried to be bad tasting, in my opinion. Have never tried Dos Equis. However, after doing some reading up on it, I might give it a try.
  • NunesNunes May 2009
    is up there.

The thing is, there's like one super-beverage company in Mexico. And they make damn near all the Mexican beer. From Tecate to Dos Equis, from Superior to Bohemia... it's kind of all them.

Of their less-than-fantastic selection of brews, I'm partial to Bohemia. Tecate is water, and Superior is anything but.
  • BillBill May 2009
    Negra Modella

Might actually be spelled Negra Modelo.

Either way, find some and drink it.
    I like Negra Modelo. I wouldn't put it up there near the top of my beer list by any stretch of the imagination, but it is tasty.
  • BillBill May 2009
    As far as Mexican beer is concerned, it's near or at the top of my list.
    I'll give you that.
  • NunesNunes May 2009
    Modelo... that's the same company that makes Corona I think.

I haven't had their regular Modelo, but yeah, for a dark lager Negra's pretty solid. I find however, that by and large, all Mexican beers have an American microbrew counterpart that is more delicious and occasionally cheaper.

Negro Modelo is awesome because of all the Germans who were allowed to stick around after the spanish took over. Exclusively because their beer was too effing good to lose.

/Chicken thread = lame
    //Beer thread = awesomesauce.
  • BillBill May 2009
    And american counterparts are swell, except I was commenting on mexican beer, so what you're saying has very little ground to stand on except that "There's something better than mexican beer." And that I'll gladly agree with. That being said, if it's a mexican beer, I'm going with Negra Modelo. This, to make my point clear, is not to say that there is not a better dark lager on the market, it's to say that Negra Modelo is my favorite mexican beer.

To reiterate my point, which apparently was not read: If we're drinking mexican beer, it's Negra Modelo. If we are drinking a dark lager, of random assortment, not from mexico... Well then shit, it's probably not. But..

And I repeat myself..

Again...

If it's beer from MEXICO, it's probably, if it's my choice... Negra Modela. From mexico.

Have I made myself clear by now? That it's from mexico? Or would you prefer to interject the american microbrew again despite it's irrelevance to the conversation based on mexican beer?
  • AlfyAlfy May 2009
    I'm not sure that was clear Bill.

You were talking about American micro brews, right?
  • NunesNunes May 2009
    I liek muh S.A. beers. That's sorta like Mexico emirite?

Technically this thread was about KFC/Oprah, and was thoroughly de-railed already when the topic of beer was brought up in the first place. You'll get over it. image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • BillBill May 2009
    QUOTE (Alfy @ May 12 2009, 09:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I'm not sure that was clear Bill.

You were talking about American micro brews, right?

I was drunk. I stand by my lack of clarity.
  • BrianBrian May 2009
    QUOTE (Bill @ May 12 2009, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I was drunk. I stand by my lack of clarity.

On mexican beer?
  • i drink beer very often, and when I do, i prefer corona
  • AlfyAlfy May 2009
    QUOTE (BlackLight @ May 15 2009, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    i drink beer very often, and when I do, i prefer corona

Yea, I like water too.
  • BillBill May 2009
    On a hot day, outside, with a lime. Corona does the trick. Or are you a real man's man and prefer trying to down oatmeal stout when it's 95 degrees out and 100% humidity?
  • AlfyAlfy May 2009
    No, actually, if it is hot out and I am in the mood for a beer, Budweiser is where it is at for me.
  • xemplarxemplar May 2009
    QUOTE (Alfy @ May 15 2009, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    No, actually, if it is hot out and I am in the mood for a beer, Budweiser is where it is at for me.

Clydesdale horse piss?
  • who the fuck rezzed this. YOU ARENT EVEN ON TOPIC ANYMORE.
  • QUOTE (fratersang @ May 15 2009, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    who the fuck rezzed this. YOU ARENT EVEN ON TOPIC ANYMORE.

i fucking rule
    By all means trash Corona for the inferior beer that it is, that is unless your alternative is Budweiser.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership