Gachi update
  • MeatonMeaton May 2009
    Hey All found out today gachi is in the last few days of traning.. starting 2morry is when they get like 4 hrs a sleep a night very little to eat / drink and have to lug all tehre shit around the base and such.. for 3 days i belive it is i cant spell the word that is the meaing so it easyer to type out it lol .. after this if he get thogue it he will be geting out of boot camp i think the 22nd of this month .. image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

So he be home for like 10 days maybe he might come on here and own you all JK
  • Glad to hear he recovered from his injury.

If I understand correctly, he'll be starting whats called the Crucible. It's a 3 day task that gives you very little sleep and you have to overcome obstacles as a team for 72 hours. After that, it's all downhill.
  • MeatonMeaton May 2009
    yes that teh name for it image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• waterxm04waterxm04 May 2009
    QUOTE (Zer0^ @ May 13 2009, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Glad to hear he recovered from his injury.

If I understand correctly, he'll be starting whats called the Crucible. It's a 3 day task that gives you very little sleep and you have to overcome obstacles as a team for 72 hours. After that, it's all downhill.

QFT
    There's one thing I've heard from friends who have been through the Crucible; they prepare you physically, as long as you keep your head and have heart you'll make it through fine.
  • AlfyAlfy May 2009
    Go Gachi!

When he is on leave, he can come visit me!
  • MeatonMeaton May 2009
    He Done It 2 morry he become a marine image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Then he should be home sometime late dueing the day for 10 days and then back down for cobat traning .. so he might pop on here or something

• cutchinscutchins May 2009
    Sick. Can't wait to hear from him.
  • NunesNunes May 2009
    Big Fat Gratz, if you're still alive and can type!
  • GachiGachi May 2009
    Yes, I am home as a United States Marine. The Crucible was tough and we thought we were going to die. haha

Graduated yesterday with 1st Battalion, Alpha Company, Platoon 1032. It was a great feeling to finally march across the Parade Deck. I was officially a Marine last Saturday after the Crucible, but the graduation just set it in stone. I am home on my 10 days boot leave but am going to talk to my recruiter about getting some Recruiters Assistance to give me a bit more time home with the family. If not, I'll be heading to Combat Training for 29 days at Camp Geiger, NC. I'm scheduled to fly there on June 1st.

Thanks for all the support. 6 weeks in MRP (Medical Rehabilitation Platoon) wasn't as bad as it seemed at first, but not training and knowing you'd be there extended, just really demotivates anyone. Made lots of good friends and all was well worth it!
  • Congratulations man!
  • xemplarxemplar May 2009
    Congrats Gooch!
  • QUOTE (Gachi @ May 23 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    ... we thought we were going to die. haha

I don't hear people laughing at that quite often...

Regardless, CONGRATULATIONS!
  • bats dude bats
  • BrianBrian May 2009
    Awesome man, good to hear. Congratulations!
  • grats
  • bobbob May 2009
    Good Job Sir! Be safe.
  • carto0ncarto0n May 2009
    WHAT UP MANG?!?@~!@
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership