Hey whats up
  • SmokebudzSmokebudz May 2009
    I totally forgot bout this forum was wondering if theory (cartoon) was playing but judging by the posts It appears not. Anyways while I'm here ill give an update to the latest patches which have been phenomenal. The game out of the gates was bland had alot of issues it was still in beta Ofc I knew that going in I was in the beta test. Anyways here we are 3 months later the game has come together and is looking like a game that should be released now. The early release did give it some bad rep and then eurogamer did their review sent in a retard who couldn't even figure out how to unsheathe his weapon and the whole server war'd them when they sent a second guy to review well that didn't turn out well for him but it was comical seeing every clan on the server one by one declare war on them and knowing he got ganked at whatever starter city he spawned in. The latest patch made macroing skills harder but natural skill gain easier. They switched reach to be race dependent and the magic tiers were reworked to gain spells at 10 20 30 40 50 ect.. instead of 25 50 75 100. Its still a grind leveling magic but atleast your get a variety faster plus magic is supplemental, if you plan being pure caster, you plan to fail hard at darkfall. Archery is more useful than magic in small group pvp but when it comes to sieges magics aoe spells take the cake at choke points causing havoc 5 people with fireballs can decimate a dude at a choke point, however, getting 50 fire magic is no easy task its about 15-20k sulfur regs to level it to 50 prepatch dunno bout now. I don't have elemental magic yet 90+ polearms and 85 archery is doing just fine for me at the moment. One of the best changes in recent patches was enemy races show up red and allies green clan members yellowish green enemies at war orange that alone made pvp much more enjoyable. Oh they also got zoomable world map now thank god it really needed it. Anyways if anyones playing darkfall I'm in a small but extremely powerful alliance (shadowbane alliance) we hold 3 cities 2 hamlets 2 of the cities are wonder capable (2 of the 7 wonder cities for 400 man alliance is remarkable). We fought against 5:1 odds with the best hired help you can buy on the other team just the other day and held out. If your playing df and looking for pvp and conquest action shoot me a pm ingame if any of you fools are playing and I'll see if I can get you in names Smoke thekind. Aight peace oh I'll prolly forget to check the forum so if you don't pm me ingame I prolly won't see your post for months and hey theory quit being a bitch I wanna teabag your corpse a few times.
  • xemplarxemplar May 2009
    paragraphs help the eyes. please use them.
  • GovernorGovernor May 2009
    Yeah, I'm not reading that.
  • BrianBrian May 2009
    The jist:

Darkfall is better then it was.
    Magic is still a grindfest.
    Players now show up in different hues (from what I understand of his post) based on their hostility to you.
    Reach is race dependent now.

So yeah...

Doesn't sound much better.
  • QUOTE (Smokebudz @ May 17 2009, 04:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I totally forgot bout this forum was wondering if theory (cartoon) was playing but judging by the posts It appears not. Anyways while I'm here ill give an update to the latest patches which have been phenomenal.

The game out of the gates was bland had a lot of issues it was still in beta Ofc I knew that going in I was in the beta test. Anyways here we are 3 months later the game has come together and is looking like a game that should be released now. The early release did give it some bad rep and then eurogamer did their review sent in a retard who couldn't even figure out how to unsheathe his weapon and the whole server war'd them when they sent a second guy to review well that didn't turn out well for him but it was comical seeing every clan on the server one by one declare war on them and knowing he got ganked at whatever starter city he spawned in.

The latest patch made macroing skills harder but natural skill gain easier. They switched reach to be race dependent and the magic tiers were reworked to gain spells at 10 20 30 40 50 ect.. instead of 25 50 75 100. Its still a grind leveling magic but at least your get a variety faster plus magic is supplemental, if you plan being pure caster, you plan to fail hard at darkfall. Archery is more useful than magic in small group pvp but when it comes to sieges magics aoe spells take the cake at choke points causing havoc 5 people with fireballs can decimate a dude at a choke point, however, getting 50 fire magic is no easy task its about 15-20k sulfur regs to level it to 50 prepatch dunno bout now.

I don't have elemental magic yet 90+ polearms and 85 archery is doing just fine for me at the moment. One of the best changes in recent patches was enemy races show up red and allies green clan members yellowish green enemies at war orange that alone made pvp much more enjoyable. Oh they also got zoomable world map now thank god it really needed it.

Anyways if anyones playing darkfall I'm in a small but extremely powerful alliance (shadowbane alliance) we hold 3 cities 2 hamlets 2 of the cities are wonder capable (2 of the 7 wonder cities for 400 man alliance is remarkable). We fought against 5:1 odds with the best hired help you can buy on the other team just the other day and held out. If your playing df and looking for pvp and conquest action shoot me a pm ingame if any of you fools are playing and I'll see if I can get you in names Smoke the kind. Aight peace oh I'll prolly forget to check the forum so if you don't pm me ingame I prolly won't see your post for months and hey theory quit being a bitch I wanna teabag your corpse a few times.

Improved, slightly?
  • azn+mikeazn mike May 2009
    Wall of text crits me for 1000000 life
  • SmokebudzSmokebudz June 2009
    QUOTE (Brian @ May 17 2009, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The jist:

Darkfall is better then it was.
    Magic is still a grindfest.
    Players now show up in different hues (from what I understand of his post) based on their hostility to you.
    Reach is race dependent now.

So yeah...

Doesn't sound much better.

You got the basics of my post for the mostpart but it is much better. I been playing it since beta thru launch til now, the game has improved quite a bit. Siege optimizations lately have been great (tho I doubt you ever went to a 600 man battle anyways so you wouldn't care/know) but the game is still highly cpu dependent and will bog down if your cpu can put out like 3.4ghz or so a huge battle may be a slideshow (gfx card is irrelevant in those situations) tho this gets improved every patch. While magic is still a bit grindy you get spells more often and you dont need 100 magic skill for magic to be useful also it levels pretty reasonably til 50 then the grind is on but at 50 you get your useful nukes so its fine.

Also forgot to add cities do have gates now (dunno why they were left out originally). Recent patch removed the jump spin kiting with bows/magic making melee more viable you can no longer jump with a spell or bow prepped to shoot, might piss off some of the wanna be rambo solo pkers but it did a great job forcing more battlefield tactics, instead of quake deathmatch battles.

NA server launch is due in like july I'd say this paid beta will be wrapped up by then and america will get a full release not the buggy shit the last few months have been tho I've had plenty fun in the process. Even if everything gets fixed the game still isn't for everyone, a lot of people just can't handle losing their pixels.

P.S sorry for lack of paragraphs in the op it was 3 am and I was pretty tanked up.
  • carto0ncarto0n June 2009
    Sadly i am NOT playing the game currently. I had tried out the beta and was 50/50 on the whole game really and decided i would wait until the NA release to jump back into it. I look forward to seeing the improvements.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership