Dollhouse to be Renewed
  • GovernorGovernor May 2009
    Discuss!
  • <3!

I was hoping for that. The second half of the first season was good. I usually don't enjoy the stand alone episodes, but the ones dealing with the mythos and Alpha are awesome. I wasn't sure how the premise for the show could be enjoyable, but it actually did make some serious thought provoking points in an entertaining way (especially episode 12). I, for one, am stoked.
  • NonRootNonRoot May 2009
    I only saw the first two episodes and stopped watching after that. It wasnt too attractive imo, but maybe it became better like Jedd wrote. Either way Ill take a look when I get a chance.

IMO FOX programming has gone way down, with the exception of Family Guy. Look at Prison Break for example... the first two seasons were amazing, but the 3rd and 4th were complete garbage.
  • cutchinscutchins May 2009
    never heard of it. tv is gay, along with those who watch it.
    With firefly as the only exception, Joss Whedon's shows start off pretty terrible. Buffy is one of my favorite tv shows of all time, and I can hardly stand to watch the first season. I was immensely happy when they got past the corny stand-alone crap and moved onto some more complex plot-lines, and I really think with some more character development it could be amazing. Here's to hoping Whedon and Fox don't let me down!

P.S., Fox' lineup has always been absolutely awful (including Family Guy). Calling any season of Prison Break "good" kind of makes me vomit in my mouth.
  • NonRootNonRoot May 2009
    I can see your point. The writing for the first season was good, but the acting not so much. Still, my point was comparing the difference between the first two seasons and the last two.

I enjoyed Firefly. Sadly it only lasted 13(?) episodes. The movie was well done also.
  • BrianBrian May 2009
    Firefly was amazing. Never have I been so disappointed in a series dropping off the face of the earth.
  • Yeah I either really like Joss Whedon’s work or I don’t care (i.e. Firefly good Buffy don’t cares). I saw the first Episode of Dollhouse and thought it was okay.

Is it worth my precious time to check it out on Hulu? I do lead a demanding rock and role life style of work and getting ready for law school.
  • there are a bunch of other shows on fox that i watch, but dollhouse isn't one of them. i've been meaning to get into something.

i've been watchng lie to me, and bones a lot. there's a ton of shows that really hit the seat on the way into the bowl. (read: heroes)
  • QUOTE (Governor @ May 18 2009, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    With firefly as the only exception, Joss Whedon's shows start off pretty terrible. Buffy is one of my favorite tv shows of all time, and I can hardly stand to watch the first season. I was immensely happy when they got past the corny stand-alone crap and moved onto some more complex plot-lines, and I really think with some more character development it could be amazing. Here's to hoping Whedon and Fox don't let me down!

P.S., Fox' lineup has always been absolutely awful (including Family Guy). Calling any season of Prison Break "good" kind of makes me vomit in my mouth.

Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog was only one episode and was fucking amazing.
  • For everyone's knowledge: episode 6 is where it picks up. Feel free to skip episode 10 (stand alone episode in the middle of the good stuff).
    Don't skip any of the episodes. The stand alone episodes might not be as entertaining as the rest, but all good shows require character development, and the stand alone episodes help that development in their own way.

@Brandon: I totally agree. Forgive me for not listing it!
  • Never watched dollhouse. House on the other hand, great show.
  • House has become a bit too predictable. I didn't mind that for 2-3 seasons, but I'm not really going to watch any new episodes. Nothing new is going to happen. The patient is going to lie. House will have a brilliant, but impractical solution that heals the patient. He's going to be mean and angry at everyone. etc.

Yeah, I gotta agree with Jedd. I did watch house for 2-3 seasons, but every single episode is literally exactly the same as the last. Worse, there is no long-term character development at all. Every other episode, House learns a lesson in humility but ultimately remains absolutely unchanged by it in the next episode. I thought it was an extremely smart move to axe the first three doctors, but then they didn't actually axe them, they just shuffled them around. Then they replaced them with more characters that largely fill the same roles of those they replaced except that now the douchbag original team member shares the douchbag title with another, older doctor with a different backstory.
  • ErlingErling May 2009
    Dollhouse is good fo' sho', any word on Castle/Fringe? If Castle gets canceled I don't think I'll let myself get into another show with The Captain in it.
    I have never even heard of Castle (which is a bit of a shock since I like Nathan Fillion a lot), and I heard Fringe was absolutely terrible. You recommend them both?
  • ErlingErling May 2009
    Fringe is kind of neat, lacking a bunch of areas though. It's almost... X-Files meets... Something... Castle I would highly recommend, I was worried it would fall into repitivity (Not a word?!) but the season finale has me hopeful. It's Nathan at his best, in my opinion - maybe a less deep role than Reynolds but it's growing as the season went along.
  • NunesNunes May 2009
    Saw the Dollhouse Pilot. Was appalled. However:

And fringe is the most insulting show on television. I'm not limiting genre's either.
  • jimmah7jimmah7 May 2009
    castle got picked up for another season.
  • the glee pilot was solid. there's a bunch of people on that show from heroes.
  • Edit: was off topic, who cares.
  • June 2009 Edit
    I hate the technician geek dude. I keep hoping one of the dollhouse chicks goes rogue and takes him out, but to no avail.

I havent watched the last two episodes..but sadly, Ive been bored by much of the show...or laughing at parts that are unintentionally funny.
  • NunesNunes June 2009
    QUOTE (gloryforixseal @ Jun 15 2009, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I hate the technician geek dude. I keep hoping one of the dollhouse chicks goes rogue and takes him out, but to no avail.

I havent watched the last two episodes..but sadly, Ive been bored by much of the show...or laughing at parts that are unintentionally funny.

^ Who the hell is this? ^
  • GovernorGovernor June 2009
    I have no idea, but before I stumbled upon this post when I saw his/her name as the most recent member and went to delete the account since I thought it was for spam. Close call!
  • NunesNunes June 2009
    I'm not convinced it isn't spam... I don't understand it... I don't FEEL advertised to...

But the guy joined a gaming community forum and posted in a 3 week old thread about Dollhouse.

And that's... it.

/...
  • WedgeWedge June 2009
    he's canadian

nuff said
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership