Job Search Sites?
  • fratersangfratersang June 2009
    Just curious what kinds of sites you guys would recommend for job search.

(other than career builder and monster of course)
  • NunesNunes June 2009
    I take it you don't have friends or family, or friends of your family in your prospective industry?

Nepotism always worked for me.
    QUOTE (Andrew @ Jun 1 2009, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I take it you don't have friends or family, or friends of your family in your prospective industry?

Nepotism always worked for me.

you assume correct.

Thanks for the URL...I appreciate it.
  • cutchinscutchins June 2009
    It's been my experience that most job sites are pretty worthless.
  • NunesNunes June 2009
    LinkedIn.Com

But I know a few people from previous jobs, so I might have an advantage? idk. It really depends on what kind of work you're looking for. Details?

Last time I was looking, I combined monster and linkedin. I posted through monster and got my referrals from linkedin, which keeps me at least remotely in touch with people I worked with several years ago. I got a couple of responses that way but ended up taking a job through a friend where I'm at now, so I only just followed up with those responses.

Looking for work always sucks, I didn't mean to demean your efforts.

Good luck!
  • AlfyAlfy June 2009
    myrt3.com
  • xemplarxemplar June 2009
    networking is a great tool....i love it!
  • QUOTE (CJ. @ Jun 1 2009, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    It's been my experience that most job sites are pretty worthless.

QFT
  • GovernorGovernor June 2009
    Networking can be the single greatest tool you can use to find a job you enjoy, so I also endorse linkedin. However, networking takes time, so it isn't something you can only do right before you want to be hired.

You can always try something like monster.com, but I also think keeping an eye out in online classifieds (craigslist) is a solid option. Either way, you are going to have a difficult time finding a job in Michigan.
  • jkarate212jkarate212 June 2009
    www.SnagAJob.com
  • www.usajobs.com
  • craigslist has been useful for friends in the past. also, check with your school (current or former) and hop into advising and ask about careers. if anything they'll at least point you into a direction that would work.

gl hf mm2
  • GovernorGovernor June 2009
    Aside from college career services and/or job fairs, craigslist was the source that my friends had the most success with.
    Yeah, never had much luck with any of the sites I've mentioned.

Had more luck with the local paper, or university job boards and the like.
  • Damien666Damien666 June 2009
    Don't know if your county has this,but in mine we have a site called hudsonvalleyhelpwanted.com
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership