Just made the switch to Windows 7
  • azn+mikeazn mike June 2009
    I like it so far...though i haven't fiddle around with it for the cool features...

what kind of cool features should I look forward too?

I know it also does all the drivers for you but should I install like the NVIDIA program that comes with the video card or just leave it how it is with the drivers just updated? (you know the program that lets your fiddle around with your OC [which I don't do] and such?
  • ErlingErling June 2009
    I don't think I've installed a single driver myself running it. Installing the NVIDIA program might allow you better control over your video card but might also tie up resources more than it's being useful.
  • NunesNunes June 2009
    NVidia's toolkits are usually worth it. If you're computer can't handle the fairly limited resources it uses then it can't run the games for which you'd probably want that level of control. The question should answer itself.
    QUOTE (Erling @ Jun 15 2009, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I don't think I've installed a single driver myself running it. Installing the NVIDIA program might allow you better control over your video card but might also tie up resources more than it's being useful.

Everything's been running fine right without any problems? (I mean game wise)
  • ErlingErling June 2009
    Yeah, I mean I'm running an ATI not NVIDIA but I've had no problems with anything without having installed the ATI toolkit. I find most of those toolkits ridiculously intrusive and in the way.
    QUOTE (Erling @ Jun 15 2009, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Yeah, I mean I'm running an ATI not NVIDIA but I've had no problems with anything without having installed the ATI toolkit. I find most of those toolkits ridiculously intrusive and in the way.

Ok I'll just not bother with it, I mean I can't fucking play anything right now anyway because of my network thing =/
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership