Ron Paul on Leno
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton October 2007
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6518579930702489626

I'm surprised. It was a decent interview.
  • yeah, I thought Dr. Paul did very well.

Also, Johnny Rotten addressed him as "President Paul" backstage.
  • EvestayEvestay November 2007
    wow jay actually did a good job of asking questions =) ron paul has some good things to say (esp on domestic issues) but i still dont like his non-interventionist foreign policies. he says he advocates free trade and peace with all nations, but he does not want us to police the world. he has to accept that we are the sole superpower and if we dont even police just the seas, then trade is significantly hampered. sure he would save us money by basically ending all foreign policy pursuits, but the US would lose money in trade thereafter, making balancing the budget that much more difficult.
  • cutchinscutchins November 2007
    what's all this talk about sole superpower. i feel like china is the most powerful nation in the world right now. maybe they should take over the policing.
  • carto0ncarto0n November 2007
    but, we're TEAM AMERICA.....WORLD POLICE

america, fuck yeah
  • He does support issuing letters of marque and retribution against non-state entities, using the military like a scalpel rather than like a sledgehammer.
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton November 2007
    I still don't understand why we are supposed to police the world? What is so wrong with letting countries' handle their own problems? Especially the ones that have completely different cultures and governments.
  • redboneredbone November 2007
    Trying to solve other countries problems the majority of the time causes more problems than it fixes.

It shouldn't be our sole job to 'police' the world. While historically the UN has been dominated by US I feel that is only cause half the time we have been the only ones really interested in doing whatever. For general making sure things run smoothly, I feel that all of the UN nations as a whole could do just fine for the most part.
  • EvestayEvestay November 2007
    what do you think of his intention to leave NATO?
  • neocronneocron November 2007
    QUOTE (CJ. @ Nov 1 2007, 07:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    what's all this talk about sole superpower. i feel like china is the most powerful nation in the world right now. maybe they should take over the policing.

America is the only super power in the world by a clear distance. The only possible rival would be a united Europe.

Still no one has to police the world but America likes to do it and will continue to do it no matter who you get as a president.
  • QUOTE (neocron @ Nov 1 2007, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    America is the only super power in the world by a clear distance. The only possible rival would be a united Europe.

Still no one has to police the world but America likes to do it and will continue to do it no matter who you get as a president.

and that, my friend, will bury us.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership