new job!
  • mungomungo July 2009
    Got a new job, sweeet, can't wait. Moving from a bulge bracket firm (Barclays) to a hedge fund, stoked about it. Figured I'd share with everyone here, and while we're at it, it's been too long since I started a 'what are you up to' thread....

so....what is everyone up to?
  • xemplarxemplar July 2009
    Graduated High School in June. Moved to Southern California, Carlsbad, to be exact. Now working for one of the largest Meter Companies in the U.S. I love networking....
  • NunesNunes July 2009
    Please use hedge funds to manipulate the market in a *positive* way, kthx image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Are you still with a firm? Or are you somehow managing someone's hedge fund independently?
    ----------
    I'm learning to use a Prog. Network Analyzer at work to measure electrical length vs. return loss... Super exciting stuff...

It will actually be cool when I finish the education part and start trying to program/automate our electrical testing and incorporate it into our already programmed mechanical testing equipment.

Good to hear when people move up in the world!
    *high five*
  • Glad to hear it! Hope you do well.
  • drowning myself in school @ boston college.

working in chestnut hill doing marketing and men's merchandising for a retail clothing store.
  • coffeecoffee July 2009
    QUOTE (0=uid(root) @ Jul 14 2009, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    men's merchandising

sweater vests and blow
  • GachiGachi July 2009
    Just chilling at 29 Palms, CA for the Marine Corps. Just picked up class which officially starts tomorrow to become a Field Radio Operator. Still a Private First Class, hope to be a Lance Corporal come end of September. Will keep you informed.
  • redboneredbone July 2009
    <---- putzing around gainesville
  • ScabdatesScabdates July 2009
    i don't do much these days
  • Finding suitable street corners for all of your mothers to sell themselves on.
  • cutchinscutchins July 2009
    trying to become a better swimmer, ASAP.
  • AlfyAlfy July 2009
    Been writing iPhone apps. Nothing that is popular as of right now, but we are trying.
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf July 2009
    Doing a short job in South Carolina. Should finish up tomorrow. Then home for the weekend. Then going to be doing some welding at a new stadium for Jackson State College.
  • Damien666Damien666 July 2009
    Been sitting home relaxing the back.Just got back surgery 4 weeks ago,so I am taking it easy.I start physical therapy next week,I have to undergo my 2nd surgery in October and my 3rd next march. So we will see what goes on,Also I am suing pepsi for a very large amount of money lol
  • GovernorGovernor July 2009
    Why are you suing pepsi?
  • WedgeWedge July 2009
    glad to hear your moving up drew

i'm still working as an emergency dispatcher but still liking it for the most part, always different everyday. I go for my PT test the 25th of this month and if that all works out i start part time academy august 8th. that will pretty much take up my time until the middle of november. then its train all winter and hopefully be on my own by the bday.
    QUOTE (Governor @ Jul 16 2009, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Why are you suing pepsi?

He used to work for pepsi, and I believe he got injured on the job....don't know what happened though...
    QUOTE (Governor @ Jul 16 2009, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Why are you suing pepsi?

for wrongful termination
    QUOTE (Damien666 @ Jul 17 2009, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    for wrongful termination

hmm...wrongful termination? what did you get fired for?
    Said they couldn't hold my job anymore while I am out on Workers Comp due to a back injury.
  • NunesNunes July 2009
    QUOTE (Damien666 @ Jul 17 2009, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Said they couldn't hold my job anymore while I am out on Workers Comp due to a back injury.

In what state do you work? There's such a thing as an At Will Employer...

In PA, they can fire me because they don't like my hair cut... doesn't matter because they aren't required to specify a reason.

I see you live in New York. Don't waste the legal fees unless you had one HELL of a contract with Pepsi.

"A: Yes. New York State is an "employment-at-will," state. Without a contract restricting termination (such as a collective bargaining agreement) an employer has the right to discharge an employee at any time for any reason."
    yeah...you are gonna lose your lawsuit...
    Actually they are trying to settle already
  • GachiGachi July 2009
    Wrongful termination applies anyone, regardless of the "at will" state stuff. If someone fired you because they didn't like your hair, it'd also spark up a debate of discrimination. They'd fire you for it, but not tell you that's why they fired you, to cover their own ass.

Good luck with your lawsuit. I want a boat please.
  • BrianBrian July 2009
    If you win, please send me a box of sour skittles.

Thank you.
    Well I know I am not gonna get millions and to be honest don't want that,I just want to have some kind of insurance and some money to help me out.
  • BrianBrian July 2009
    Perfect, that should easily allow you to afford a box of sour skittles.
  • NunesNunes July 2009
    I was under the impression that suing a past employer was a great way to get passed over for future employment opportunities, as it makes you look like a vindictive employee with no loyalty to the company. Hope things work out.
  • azn+mikeazn mike July 2009
    I hope things work out for you man image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
  • cutchinscutchins July 2009
    i support anyone who tries to stick it to the man. good luck, damien.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership