Israel to investigate self
  • NunesNunes July 2009
    Here's the Time article.
    and some excerpts:
    In March, a group of soldiers who had fought in Gaza told a forum at an Israeli military college of a number of instances in which Palestinian civilians had been killed as a result of overly permissive rules of engagement for the operation that made such mistakes far more likely. Those claims prompted the IDF's internal inquiry, which contradicted the soldiers' allegations.

... [some soldiers] allege the use of Palestinian civilians as human shields; the improper use of white phosphorous; massive deliberate destruction of property; and numerous instances of civilians killed in mistakes allegedly resulting from overly permissive rules of engagement.

So the discussion I *want* to start is one about paths forward for both the Palestinians and the Israelis. With this "news" I'd hope we can all agree that Israel is not just trying to protect its interests but are actively trying to punish the Palestinians. The Palestinians, likewise, are reacting as humans are built to by responding in kind. How do you think this will end?

I see one of two scenarios potentially playing out. Either the Palestinian territory is annexed into Israel, leaving most Palestinians trying to seek refuge in Egypt, or both sides stop shooting one day...

Ok .... one outcome.
  • Ready for another one?
  • NunesNunes July 2009
    I like that! Any idea how widespread that kind of sentiment is?

I fear that since they can be so easily portrayed as being terrorist sympathizers, they will be just as easily relegated to obscurity as the Palestinians are. Ima read more about this crew though.

*Israel* though, seems pretty unified in it's response to their own illegitimate occupation of the strip and to their somewhat overkill responses to Palestinian aggression. Partially because if you REALLY don't like it, then you'll probably leave since you'd otherwise be forced to fight for an occupation which you find illegitimate.
  • From what I have gotten from some comments on the issue, the group doing this are the Israeli /b/. They do some outlandish things to draw attention to their anti-zion movement.
  • NunesNunes July 2009
    QUOTE (Jedd @ Jul 18 2009, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    From what I have gotten from some comments on the issue, the group doing this are the Israeli /b/. They do some outlandish things to draw attention to their anti-zion movement.

but it's not like there aren't photos of all these things.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership