• GachiGachi August 2009
    Received my orders for my first duty station yesterday. I don't graduate my MOS School until September 9th but it's a bonus knowing where I'm going now. I'm headed to Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii to join up with 3rd MarDiv (infantry unit) so we can be their radio operators. Anyways, we're going predeployment which means they're gearing up to deploy. However, we're deploying on a ship for 3-6 months (unsure of date or time, but even if I knew I couldn't tell anyone here as it'd be an OPSEC issue). We're basically going to be acting as security incase something pops off in Afghanistan or Iraq. If it does, we'll dock and go in to assist. Other than that, we're expected to stop at ports such as Australia and possibly Germany.

Pretty much excited about this. Will keep you all informed but I must suggest that you not be too jealous of where I'm headed. image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
  • BrianBrian August 2009
    So you're going to play sailor for a while? image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • MeatonMeaton August 2009
    Ya they made the mistake and put him on the navy now just kidding .. good luck bro ... be safe ...

• GachiGachi August 2009
    Oh no, we won't be playing sailor anytime soon. I'll be on a ship practicing Martial Arts, shooting weapons at floating barrels in the ocean, training, etc...
  • waterxm04waterxm04 August 2009
    hawaii? lucky fucker... haha congratulations on your accomplishments gachi
  • xemplarxemplar August 2009
    QUOTE (Kiwi @ Aug 2 2009, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    hawaii? lucky fucker... haha congratulations on your accomplishments gachi

I know someone in that was stationed there while in the air force...he said after a while hawaii gets old...
  • GachiGachi August 2009
    If you're in the ChairForce, it gets old. The Marines, when bored, find interesting things to do. Trust me. image/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf August 2009
    Enjoy your first posting. Enjoy the float and try not to go stir crazy.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership