goddamnit
  • coffeecoffee August 2009
    thesaurus fail
  • GovernorGovernor August 2009
    Hmm. I get a slightly different result, and I can't quite put my finger on why:

While impressive, the data that wolframalpha provides for "information" is nearly useless.
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton August 2009
    I'm trying to use wolframalpha more. It is great for Calculus homework, but besides that...
  • coffeecoffee August 2009
    I get the same results for the phrase "in formation", which make a lot more sense. I wonder what other words they fucked up on.
  • ErlingErling August 2009
    Court, is that a built in Thesaurus for Apples? Reference.com has the most garbage synonyms for information.

Synonyms:
    advice, ammo, break*, chapter and verse, clue, confidence, counsel, cue, data, dirt*, dope*, dossier, earful, enlightenment, erudition, illumination, info, inside story, instruction, intelligence, knowledge, leak, learning, lore, lowdown, material, message, network, notice, notification, orientation, propaganda, report, science, scoop, score, tidings, tip, what's what, whole story, wisdom, word*
    Well, nothing is really "built into" OS X, but "Dictionary" (which is what that screenshot is from) is an application that comes pre-installed.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership