Pedophilia
  • ohaiohai August 2009
    We have statutory rape laws because young children are naive in regard to sex. Young children are naive in regard to sex because adults don't talk to them about it; they ironically call it protection. As a result, we side with the children de facto and de jure.

But now there has been a reversal in part of the situation, changing the power roles. Adults still don't talk to children about sex, but they talk a lot more about it, and children listen for what they aren't meant to hear. A lot of children aren't naive anymore. Those 'de facto' laws 'protect' the child without considering the state of the child (more irony).

image.
  • mungomungo September 2009
    This stirs up one emotion for me: Anger, for someone like you is barely intelligent enough to post on these websites but stupid enough to post something absolutely horrifying.
  • ohaiohai September 2009
    QUOTE (mungo @ Sep 1 2009, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    This stirs up one emotion for me: Anger, for someone like you is barely intelligent enough to post on these websites but stupid enough to post something absolutely horrifying.

How is it horrifying? I'm not saying there shouldn't be protection; I'm saying the intersection between social dynamics and law do not work as they did initially. There should be protection for children but not the kind that allows little sociopaths to ruin an innocent adult's life.

Yes, I am a troll, but it isn't a troll post. It's a real problem today.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership