24 Solid State Drives
  • PheylanPheylan September 2009
    Holy Christ. I didn't understand most of the jargon or statistics...but 53 programs in 18 seconds?

Anyone know what OS that was? No way they got Vista to be that stable. It crashes on me after only 3 programs.
  • GovernorGovernor September 2009
    That is Vista.
  • dandan September 2009
    I saw this a while ago, when it just came out. It's pretty much the most impressive computer ever.

-dan
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton September 2009
    QUOTE (Pheylan @ Sep 27 2009, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    No way they got Vista to be that stable. It crashes on me after only 3 programs.

Check your hardware or update it to SP1. Vista hasn't crashed on me yet, and I leave it running for days at a time.
  • PheylanPheylan September 2009
    It's updated. It's not a crash as much as it is a lockup. Chrome and IE cause it, and so do BF2 and COD4.

Oct comes and windows 7 free upgrade. Woo.
  • GovernorGovernor September 2009
    QUOTE (Pheylan @ Sep 27 2009, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    It's updated. It's not a crash as much as it is a lockup. Chrome and IE cause it, and so do BF2 and COD4.

Oct comes and windows 7 free upgrade. Woo.

If you're having this sort of problem with Vista, it is entirely plausible that you will be having this sort of problem with Windows 7. Vista in and of itself is a very stable OS; issues like the one you're having are almost always driver/compatibility issue with the underlying hardware. Microsoft is working much harder this time around getting hardware vendors up to date for the Windows 7 launch, but that's not going to have any impact on legacy problems.
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf September 2009
    I think I may be able to make it into Mordor with that.
  • carto0ncarto0n October 2009
    any ideas on cost to build?
  • NunesNunes October 2009
    Well, a 256 GB SSD costs about 500 to 600 dollars. sooooooooo.

About $11,000.00 in storage alone.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership